Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Cunty

Pedantra posted:

my favorite drink is water + zoloft

ty crap

ty landy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Jimi Changa posted:

ipas are nasty

half of them taste like pine frowns and the other ones taste like orange frowns but they all taste like buttholes

imo

YUP

Although coming from a like-opinion I will say Dogfish Head 90 and 120 minute IPAs are pretty much IPAs in name only and good.

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
isn't ipa something in plastic

alnilam

i love IPAs but it's fine if you don't like it

i also love bowie's third album "The Man Who Sold The World" but it's also fine if you don't like that one, it has this weird awkward in-between-space-oddity-and-hunky-dory feel to it but i love it, not my fav but it's real good

ty manifisto

alnilam

ChairmanMeow posted:

ipa in my field often refers to "isopropyl alcohol" and the first time someone in my lab said "grab the ipa" i was like woohoo where's it at! :beerpal:

then she explained she was talking about isopropanol, aka "fool's vodka"

ty manifisto

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

ChairmanMeow posted:

BPA HTH

ChairmanMeow

it does thank you

ron color
man who sold the world is my 5th favorite bowie studio album.......ipas are really good but people are going poo poo crazy with hops. if you like bitter stuff in general give it a few years

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Fresh Squeezed is a pretty decent IPA, convinced me that they're not all terrible anyway. Some beer judge I was talking to told me that the hoppy taste should linger for no more than 30 seconds or so, then got me to try that, and it certainly seemed to have a more robust flavour profile.

Innis & Gunn makes a drinkable IPA, but that's mostly because it basically isn't one.

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo

Jimi Changa posted:

ipas are nasty

half of them taste like pine frowns and the other ones taste like orange frowns but they all taste like buttholes

imo

ty bacalou!

ron color
beer judge

ron color
I sentence you to 3 years hard cider

ron color
Stenographer, please read back about the mouthfeel for the beverage in question

alnilam

ron color posted:

Stenographer, please read back about the mouthfeel for the beverage in question

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
"vapid, with no discernible or redeeming qualities, and yet enjoyably blasé."

precision

by VideoGames
pretty much all beer is redeemable except for things like Bud and Busch that have low alcohol/high sugar and taste like poo poo and don't even get you drunk

for cheep beer, PBR really is fine, because it's not made with corn or rice so no excess sugar or rancid taste, just cheap rear end beer

for expensive beer, most of them are good, even IPAs. i really like Merlin and the various flavors of Corsendonk

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

precision posted:

pretty much all beer is redeemable except for things like Bud and Busch that have low alcohol/high sugar and taste like poo poo and don't even get you drunk

for cheep beer, PBR really is fine, because it's not made with corn or rice so no excess sugar or rancid taste, just cheap rear end beer

for expensive beer, most of them are good, even IPAs. i really like Merlin and the various flavors of Corsendonk

I don't get how people can down enough adjunct beer to get tipsy let alone drunk... I just :shrug:

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Cygnet Committee is my new favorite Bowie song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKMSgZo9c8s

alnilam

Thunder Moose posted:

Cygnet Committee is my new favorite Bowie song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKMSgZo9c8s

one of my faves of early bowie

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
trip report on french press infusing: first attempt I put in too much coffee (like 2.5 tablespoons) for half a pint of Nola Irish Channel Dry Stout. Also the strainer didn't get out all the coffee beans. In spanish I would now refer to this beer as having "tropezónes" which are little pebbles you trip over or what my dad refers to potatoes and veggies in soup. The coffee I'm using is "Karma Caramel Chameleon" from fresh market and like an idiot I stirred up the coffee+beer in the french press because that's what I do all the time when making coffee to aerate the water, bad idea with carbonated beer. The beer is a roasty dry stout (imagine what you think guinness should taste like) and the caramel and coffee work well with it. Next attempt will be with less coffee and a relatively fresh (about two weeks since canning date) IPA.

fuck. marry. t-rex

Grapefruit beer: it's good

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
which one?

fuck. marry. t-rex

I think it was from weyerbacher...

dogcrash truther

Pedantra posted:

my favorite drink is water + zoloft

The Modified Horsecar

dogcrash truther

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I think it was from weyerbacher...

Weyerbacher is a good rear end brewery

dogcrash truther

ron color posted:

I sentence you to 3 years hard cider

alnilam

dogcrash truther posted:

Weyerbacher is a good rear end brewery

precision

by VideoGames
i found a thing

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/447/1331/

i should have known this site existed by now, but it's still amazing to me that people find the time to go online and review a beer

i am also confused by yelp reviews for chain restaurants

----------------

ChairmanMeow

If I am going to an applebees, I'm going to go to the good applebees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision

by VideoGames
"the good applebees"

lmao XD

----------------

• Locked thread