Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Besides iced tea (obviously)

Personally I like a cold German/Bavarian/Austrian brewski on a hot day

And a hot toddy on a cold day.

Chocolate milk? That is any day.

:sax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Can this thread now be about David Bowie?

I want to talk about David Bowie. He was p great in Labyrinth.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiLRsVPHUPU

Is a really ~really~ good album and awesome music to work to.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

ChairmanMeow posted:

Little Chairman loved him so much in that movie. I think that's how I became aware of him. I realize that is backwards but whatevre

No that's how I discovered him too - as a kid. The link above is his Space Oddity album and it's awesome.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Mods, if you could add an "and David Bowie" to my thread title I'd honestly appreciate it.

If you don't though, that's alright too. :sax:

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

dogcrash truther posted:

aghghh it's so hard to be gentle ob mondays

You should make a pot of coffee with like 10-15% more beans than usual and then balance it out with an equal % of milk. It helps me fight the Mondays DCT!

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

ChairmanMeow posted:

I'm just not even moving from this spot

Me either - I made my coffee as previously mentioned but my mini-fridge with the milk is like a total of 8 feet from me; I just don't feel like moving, ya know?

alnilam posted:

i am a little obsessed with David Bowie, see: my Aladdin Sane costume on prev page

It's a pretty acceptable obsession to have. Labyrinth was a movie that freaked me out as a kid and yet I was strangely drawn to it and watched it at least once a week.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

dogcrash truther posted:

Movies that aren't as good as old people think they were: labyrinth, dark crystal, neverending story

So 80's fantasy?

Can we add Ralph Bakashi's Lord of the Rings even though it was 1978?

Rankin/Bass's The Hobbit (1977) is still great though.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Stay safe Creature Shop

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Its a family tradition to watch the muppet christmas carol every year, near christmas.

Same when we all lived under the same roof.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

ron color posted:

in labyrinth bowie's barely trying he's just having fun--exactly like goku at the world martial arts tournament

So what you're saying is the Goblin King would be a great BYOB member.

Spanish Manlove posted:

you can simultaneously watch it and talk to each other via skype, I did that for soccer games with my dad before.

Haha yeah I could try that - though two of the family members may find using Skype challenging.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Splatmaster posted:

David Bowie's favorite drink is a martini made with Bombay Sapphire.

Mine is The vital life fluids of my enemies Limoncello, which is a liquor made from the Sorrento lemon which was grown and bred in Sorrento, Italy to develop a thick zest, the yellow outer part of a lemon that contains oil which is rich in lemon essence. The rind (zest) is removed from the lemon and soaked in grain alcohol for a few weeks, after which it is then mixed with a basic syrup containing sugar and water.

Sorrento Lemon:

An article by Rick Steves on Limoncello and Sorrento, Italy (where I myself first discovered it)

When life gives you lemons make Limoncello!

I am off to buy a bottle of this right the heck now. BBL BYOB. :wave:

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

I bought some - also some limeade, coconut water and coconut milk as I am unsure which makes a better mixed drink.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

That's neither a drink nor a Bowie song. :colbert:

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

alnilam posted:

I've got really sad news for you: they have a juggling double come up with his arms from off camera.

However, Bowie does have a variety performer background and he can juggle.

DUDE. Way to kill a (however small) part of my childhood.

:smith:

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Rickycat posted:

cant fake that

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Afro Doug posted:

my new favorite drink is flying dog brewery single hop imperial ipa. i also really love the movie labyrinth, but thats probably because i was really messed up the first time i saw it.

Flying Dog is fantastic stuff, I live near the brewery in Fredrick, MD and drive up to get growlers and stuff.

the 'and stuff' is more beer

Lucky SOB, Gonzo Imperial Porter, and Dogtober Fest are all really great too.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

precision posted:

strongbow hard cider is really good. not much alcohol, but good for "i'm not an alcoholic, i'm just having one beer with lunch" purposes

I don't know if you had it lately but they killed the original flavor in lieu of "newer, hipper tastes."

Which translates into "sugary piss the wimp demographic likes"

I made a thread about it and erry'thang http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729027&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

precision posted:

oh goddamn it

that seriously sucks rear end. guess i'll buy as much of the original flavor as i can find and hoard it

Careful - the new kind looks really similar but has noticeable differences in packaging, you'll know it if you see it. Crispin's is a decent alternative but costs a lot more.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

precision posted:

it amazes me that around here Tennant's is sold as a premium expensive beer o_O

Well what amazes me is that people in the US are obsessing over IPAs - a method based on necessity in a pre-refrigeration world and the majority of which taste like drinking tea-tree oil; Dogfish Head 90/120 variations being exceptions here.

Thunder Moose fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 30, 2015

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Jimi Changa posted:

ipas are nasty

half of them taste like pine frowns and the other ones taste like orange frowns but they all taste like buttholes

imo

YUP

Although coming from a like-opinion I will say Dogfish Head 90 and 120 minute IPAs are pretty much IPAs in name only and good.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

ChairmanMeow posted:

isn't ipa something in plastic

BPA HTH

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
"vapid, with no discernible or redeeming qualities, and yet enjoyably blasé."

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

precision posted:

pretty much all beer is redeemable except for things like Bud and Busch that have low alcohol/high sugar and taste like poo poo and don't even get you drunk

for cheep beer, PBR really is fine, because it's not made with corn or rice so no excess sugar or rancid taste, just cheap rear end beer

for expensive beer, most of them are good, even IPAs. i really like Merlin and the various flavors of Corsendonk

I don't get how people can down enough adjunct beer to get tipsy let alone drunk... I just :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Cygnet Committee is my new favorite Bowie song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKMSgZo9c8s

• Locked thread