Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Certainly, none of that will come back to bite him in the rear end in a horrible manner. No sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Four episodes in and Forrest's dad isn't dead yet, but has lost two houses. I wonder how much worse life will get for him before the end of the season. I feel like killing him anytime soon would be way too easy so the show is going to have to be inventive.

Also, Lennon Parham with an RPG was hilarious. She was great in this episode. And James Urbaniak continues to wreak havoc with just a few words.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I love the little throwaway jokes they put in there, like how the guy was interested in a cult because he was starting a Crossfit gym or last week's episode where Mrs Greenwood states that the kid who wanted to sleep with her was super creepy.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Viginti posted:

Is anyone else finding this season to be a little too dark?
One person comes to mind

AJ's reactions and dynamic with Forrest are always great but I think this ep broke her.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I would have liked to have seen the cult stick around a little longer.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Don’t shoot the orange hulk! He’s a good boy!

Andy Daly and the writers of this show should get all the awards if the rest of the season keeps up this kind of quality.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I like that not once did Forrest ever call her something other than Mrs. Greenfield, even when talking directly to her.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Daly mentioned in an interview that the "perfect body" was absolute hell to wear because it was a full body thing that went all the way up to his neck.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Nichael posted:

And James Urbaniak continues to wreak havoc with just a few words.

He knows what he's doing and he knows what the show actually is, essentially what we know it to be, and I sorta wonder if that'll ever come to light for Forrest. Granted Forrest's very nature pretty much means it won't unless he overhears Grant talking about it but I doubt that'd happen.

Illinois Smith posted:

One person comes to mind

AJ's reactions and dynamic with Forrest are always great but I think this ep broke her.
Given the body-count she's probably the only sane one on the show's production. How many cult members were there? Like a dozen? Also a some of the cops got killed. Seemed sorta like people near Forrest were getting killed but that's probably just coincidence since the camera was following him, that or they were indeed aiming for the Orange Hulk despite him being a good boy.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 21, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I hope next episode has both MacNeils living in Forrest's office, unless his dad has a third house somewhere.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

NowonSA posted:

Any way you slice it, those vetoes are going to have a hilarious payoff. I'm hoping for a review request to come in that's so horrible that Forrest literally runs immediately to the veto booth in response. Bonus points if his reaction is to something seemingly innocuous or not that difficult, so we can learn a bit about some weird trauma from his past.

I'm starting to feel like it's going to be the latter. We've seen that Forrest will do almost anything, and he's already so low that I can't see him being too concerned unless it's something ridiculous (What's it like to commit Patricide?). So it'd be great for something to come up like "What's it like to own a pet spider" and see Forrest immediately hit one of the vetos. Or something like "What's it like to do <something insurmountably boring>" where he would have learned a skill from doing it that turns out would have been extremely useful in the next Review.

Also I don't think "Commit Suicide" would be considered a valid review by Grant. As he told Forrest in the "Quit" Review, if he quits Review, he can't review quitting. If he commits suicide, he can't review it.

Illinois Smith posted:

One person comes to mind

AJ is my second favorite character on the show. Her reactions add SO much.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

In a nutshell, the best thing about Forrest is that he did the silicone muscle implants before even considering steroids, apparently. I loved this so much.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Also I don't think "Commit Suicide" would be considered a valid review by Grant. As he told Forrest in the "Quit" Review, if he quits Review, he can't review quitting. If he commits suicide, he can't review it.

He could merely attempt suicide. Slit his wrists "across the street" and call his father in the room to call for help or something. Super doubtful they'd go that route at all.

If I could ask him to Review something it'd probably be "What's it like to pay off a lot of debt?" like say 50,000~100,000 worth.

Checking wikipedia next episode is fishing and sleeping in a haunted house. The possibilities for either of those going horribly wrong feels pretty great.

Edit: Also wiki reminded me about "All there is aching" which was great and makes me want to rewatch the first season now.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 21, 2015

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Stealthed Zombie posted:

He could take one of those drug cocktails Dr. Kevorkian used to hand out, giving him about a half hour to review his suicide.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Stealthed Zombie posted:

AJ is my second favorite character on the show. Her reactions add SO much.
I really hope we see her outside the studio at some point.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Illinois Smith posted:

I really hope we see her outside the studio at some point.

I actually don't know if I want this. Her role as the co-host who just constantly marvels at Forrest's mistakes and makes amazing reaction faces is just kind of perfect, and I'm afraid expanding her character outside the studio wouldn't add much. But with the right writing it could be good. It would just have to be handled really, really well.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

I actually don't know if I want this. Her role as the co-host who just constantly marvels at Forrest's mistakes and makes amazing reaction faces is just kind of perfect, and I'm afraid expanding her character outside the studio wouldn't add much. But with the right writing it could be good. It would just have to be handled really, really well.

She got revenge during that review. Granted she wasn't there when it happened, because she's smart, but she did something outside of the studio.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Her role as the co-host who just constantly marvels at Forrest's mistakes and makes amazing reaction faces is just kind of perfect
She showed some impressive craziness of her own when she revenge-shitbombed Rich Fulcher last season.

But yeah, writing her into one of the reviews is tricky and I can't think of anything else than "what's it like to have sex with a co-worker?", which would be kind of lame.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Illinois Smith posted:

I hope next episode has both MacNeils living in Forrest's office, unless his dad has a third house somewhere.

He said that was it for his father's homes.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Illinois Smith posted:

But yeah, writing her into one of the reviews is tricky and I can't think of anything else than "what's it like to have sex with a co-worker?", which would be kind of lame.

I feel like there was a joke about this in "sex with a celebrity", I don't remember the exact gag though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like how the subject of blackmail came up again yesterday, when he nonchalantly dropped the threat of reporting his cult member for a hit and run.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Illinois Smith posted:

"what's it like to have sex with a co-worker?", which would be kind of lame.

Nah that would be amazing because he'd end up having an awkward devil's threeway with his intern and his girlfriend, except intern would be laughing his rear end off the whole time.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Speaking of, where is that guy? Why didn't Forrest try to recruit him into the cult?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Inspector 34 posted:

Nah that would be amazing because he'd end up having an awkward devil's threeway with his intern and his girlfriend, except intern would be laughing his rear end off the whole time.

Have you been watching Difficult People too?

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

anotherone posted:

I feel like there was a joke about this in "sex with a celebrity", I don't remember the exact gag though.

Yeah.
Forrest: "Oh boy, sleeping with a celebrity!"
AJ: "Don't even think about it Forrest."
Forrest: "What's that?"
AJ: "Just don't even think about it."
Forrest: "What?"
AJ: "You know what you were thinking"
Forrest: "Well, as often happens, I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm off to sleep with a celebrity!"

*Forrest walks away*

AJ: "......You know."

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

My only complaint about this episode is that it didn't include Forrest getting shot in one of his muscle prostheses, squirting silicone everywhere.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Ah... That's where I got that from! Watched the 1st 2 or 3 episodes and didn't think they made much of an impression on me, but I guess something stuck.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

dik-dik posted:

My only complaint about this episode is that it didn't include Forrest getting shot in one of his muscle prostheses, squirting silicone everywhere.

It might have been too dark even for this show, but I was expecting that he'd get shot in the dick.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Anyone who isn't, should be.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

dik-dik posted:

I was so convinced his giant fake dick was going to get shot off when he whipped it out.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

Anyone who isn't, should be.

From the title and the concept, I was skeptical, but after watching the first episode I was sold. It owns. Also it's got James Urbaniak! Glad to see him doing more acting. Why doesn't that show have a thread yet?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

dik-dik posted:

Why doesn't that show have a thread yet?

Behold! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734977

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I think we need to keep a tally of how many lives Forrest has ruined (and will ruin) over the course of the show. On a related note, his father is probably my favorite character on this show.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Discovered this show just this weekend and have watched everything up to the latest episode already. It's incredible. The way they've presented this amazingly dark comedy in such an earnest manner is wonderful and hilarious.

It would have been funny if the reviews were self contained, but the ongoing story takes it to another level. There are so many details and callbacks (the poop guy in the mental home in "There all is aching" holy poo poo) it really rewards repeat viewings, and the gradual reveal of things like the producer manipulating Forrest in the pursuit of footage is great.

Was a bit worried about season 2 because the first was so good but it starts off with a bang and has just got more nuts as it goes on. Pretty much wet myself when he hulked out, dropped trow and then watched his Dad's second house get blown up.

And yeah calling her "Mrs Greenfield" never stopped being funny.

It's genius and everyone should be watching.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Holy poo poo one of the future episodes contains William tell

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

bobkatt013 posted:

Holy poo poo one of the future episodes contains [spoiler]william tell[\spoiler]

That was the promo commercial they were running for months.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Illinois Smith posted:

Nailed it.

Oh man this is already going somewhere.

Stealthed Zombie fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 28, 2015

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
Oh boy oh boy oh boy. The bait and switch about the catfishing review that happened for me was pretty great. Was really thinking we'd see him somehow go fishing and cause a disaster but this :munch:

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Forrest's Dad is the best, dancing outside with the intern and his girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maybe Forrest should have cut bait before spending all his money.

• Locked thread