Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Is that a show run account or just someone pretending? I'm guessing the latter but if it's the former, I need to check that out.
I doubt CC would link a fake account.
http://www.cc.com/shows/review

@forrestmacneil_ posted:

I live tweeted the season premiere of #Review but apparently neglected to hit send. Will do better next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ace, I like legitimate gimmick accounts like that.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I wonder if at some point we'll get a reveal that grant is in charge of picking the reviews from the ones that get sent in

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Phoon posted:

I wonder if at some point we'll get a reveal that grant is in charge of picking the reviews from the ones that get sent in

I feel like that would greatly undermine the funniness and themes of the show

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ace, I like legitimate gimmick accounts like that.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Brightman posted:

This is episode 8, last season was 9, so 1 more?

Edit: Goddammit Grant.

By the way, at least according to IMDB, there are two more episodes this season. The most recent AV Club review also said this, so hopefully it is right.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Am I the only one who thinks that Forrest's dad would be better if he were played by Rip Torn? Bonus points if Rip got drunk before filming like he did with Freddy Got Fingered.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Y-Hat posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that Forrest's dad would be better if he were played by Rip Torn? Bonus points if Rip got drunk before filming like he did with Freddy Got Fingered.

Nothing and nobody involved with anything Tom Green has ever done would improve anything, except obituaries.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

IRQ posted:

Nothing and nobody involved with anything Tom Green has ever done would improve anything, except obituaries.
I'm pretty sure he got plastered because he hated being in that movie. Nobody can overact like Rip Torn. He would have made that "two years in a hospital" story better.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Y-Hat posted:

I'm pretty sure he got plastered because he hated being in that movie. Nobody can overact like Rip Torn. He would have made that "two years in a hospital" story better.

I think Max Gail's understated performance is what makes him so good. Basically everyone in this show is a foil to Forrest in some way, so his dad being utterly unremarkable and grounded is a good contrast

Jax-Guy1
Apr 25, 2011
Oh my god, continuing the show from in jail and AJ's there! This is great.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
AJ in prison!

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
This is amazing

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Good job, Forrest.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Haha, the camera panning over to "Clovers"

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Ian Roberts is in jail and has killed someone : (

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sex with Clovers became prison slang for masturbation.

Him grabbing Clovers as he ran away was so funny I couldn't see.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Aww man, I was hoping for Reviews from Prison for the rest of the season.

Since I don't remember it, I assume that Forrest wasn't lost at sea in any previous episodes, and that's just a joke on how this is supposed to be an ongoing show that we're just seeing pieces of, and Forrest is doing all kinds of insane poo poo that we don't see?

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

NowonSA posted:

Since I don't remember it, I assume that Forrest wasn't lost at sea in any previous episodes, and that's just a joke on how this is supposed to be an ongoing show that we're just seeing pieces of, and Forrest is doing all kinds of insane poo poo that we don't see?

That was episode 15 of this season, the Rowboat review.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

NowonSA posted:

Nah we saw it, I forget what episode it was. It was somewhere in the middle.

RIP Clovers :(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I thought was interesting was the tiny glimpse of the "real" Forrest when he didn't notice the cameras were there.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

muscles like this? posted:

Something I thought was interesting was the tiny glimpse of the "real" Forrest when he didn't notice the cameras were there.

Yeah, that was pretty rad to see him just being serious right after he'd been forcing himself to be happy while his ex-wife and kid tried to separate entirely from him. As usual, Forrest only drops the review if he's personally inconvenienced.

And yeah, I obviously have a few episodes to catch up on, lucky me!

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Aw man, only one more episode left. R.I.P. Review, you were too good for this world :(.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Eel hovercraft posted:

Aw man, only one more episode left. R.I.P. Review, you were too good for this world :(.

Is it getting cancelled or something? That would suck.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is it getting cancelled or something? That would suck.

It hasn't been picked up for a third season yet so this one might be it. They could end up concluding it but I'd like a third season if they think they can do it, but it might be hard to pull off after this. Granted a second season seemed hard to pull off after what happened in the first and here we are.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/09/andy-daly-something-is-happening-with-review.html?mid=twitter_vulture

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Are they gonna do Forrest's trial in the finale? I can't think of anything else to end a season this dark on, and of course the show would gently caress with that too. He's basically los everything to it at this point, even his dad.

Speaking of, he really nailed that speech.

quote:

Boy, it’s been a crazy year, hasn’t it? You picked a fight with that guy for absolutely no reason and got shot and nearly died. Broke up with that nurse in a way that she fired a gun into the house. Then you burned down the house and you broke up with another girl in a way that she fired an RPG and blew up another house. Then you asked me to fire a bunch of arrows at you—and I did! Then you got lost at sea for three months.

I never gave up hope. Through it all, I told myself, ‘Forrest is a good boy, and he always has been.’ But now a man is dead and you’re charged with killing him. What are your values, son? Did I raise you to have values where it’s okay to kill somebody? I hope not.

So I’m out. I just need to take care of myself now

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Illinois Smith posted:

Are they gonna do Forrest's trial in the finale?

Hey Forrest, I'm about to graduate college and was wondering what to do next. I could join the peace corps or complete an MBA and work for my dad's company, but I really want to go to law school. Forrest, tell me what its like to be a lawyer.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Irish Joe posted:

Hey Forrest, I'm about to graduate college and was wondering what to do next. I could join the peace corps or complete an MBA and work for my dad's company, but I really want to go to law school. Forrest, tell me what its like to be a lawyer.

Forrest quoting the line "someone who represents themselves in court has a fool for a client" during his spiel about the review is something I could totally see happening. Honestly not sure how strong his case is, I mean it clearly ended up being self-defense, but he also had gone there with intent to kill. Proving he changed his mind in the middle of the encounter might be impossible.

The last bit of that has me worried too.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Comedy Central has lost Kroll Show, and Key & Peele, so I'd say we're probably going to get a renewal. It's a good show that gets a lot of good coverage, after all.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
How is it that the show just gets better and better every week? Everything in the prison was amazing.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

CC is running a Review themed promotional commercial for that new Maze Runner movie with Forrest reviewing how to survive in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Kind of late, but do you know if this is online?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Irish Joe posted:

Reeeeeally want this to happen now. gently caress, make it the whole episode.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Nichael posted:

Kind of late, but do you know if this is online?

I couldn't find that, but afaik it was just one review that was like a minute, I did however find these videos that I hadn't seen before.

Grant after season 1 pleading with fans to help them find Forrest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B-RAPgfzF4

A press conference after they had found Forrest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xhsnSPKP_g

I hadn't noticed the tie was different :(

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I paused the page flips in the intro and on the 'shoulder parrot' one, it looks like it says - useful for stealing all of the PEANUTS! - by the feet drawing and - instructions unclear bird has moved into master bedroom - under the cage drawing.

So I'm kinda sad we'll never get to see Forrest in combat with a bird.

Also

Famous parrots NONE.
Bird names - Polly - Ross Parrot - Howard

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Brightman posted:

I couldn't find that, but afaik it was just one review that was like a minute, I did however find these videos that I hadn't seen before.

Grant after season 1 pleading with fans to help them find Forrest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B-RAPgfzF4

A press conference after they had found Forrest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xhsnSPKP_g

I hadn't noticed the tie was different :(

Things like this are why I love the show. In case you're wondering, it is red the entire first season including intro and blue all of this season, including intro.

Season 3 green tie?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

In case you're keeping track, here are the things Forrest has lost over two seasons of Review:
  • His marriage
  • His home
  • Three girlfriends
  • His father's house
  • His father's timeshare
  • His visitation rights
  • His father
  • His imaginary friend
  • Possibly his sanity

But the one constant is that he still has his show.

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

How is it that the show just gets better and better every week? Everything in the prison was amazing.
I think the better question is, how does Review manage keep venturing deeper into really, really dark territory and still be funny as hell? I thought "William Tell/Granting a Wish/Rowboat" was going to be the absolute nadir for Forrest and the height of the show, but they proved me wrong here.

One of the topics in the season finale is "Conspiracy Theory." If there is a trial in the next episode, I can't wait to see how this gets tied in.

Brightman posted:

It hasn't been picked up for a third season yet so this one might be it. They could end up concluding it but I'd like a third season if they think they can do it, but it might be hard to pull off after this. Granted a second season seemed hard to pull off after what happened in the first and here we are.
If any show can pick up the pieces from a season where everything goes to poo poo and make it beautiful again, it's this one. I won't be too upset if this is the last season because goddamn this has been one hell of a ride, but I'm morbidly curious to see what a third season would look like.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Don't forget his father-in-law, his cult

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

dik-dik posted:

Don't forget his father-in-law, his cult
And maybe a whole lot more tonight! It's amazing how this season just kept getting darker but stayed funny as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Oh man, this is great.

• Locked thread