Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
So here's another article about the hack, this time from Vice, with some more quotes from one of the hackers:

quote:

"Here we are, the social justice warriors, seeking to reclaim some sort of lulz for the years and thousands of dollars that Planned Parenthood have wasted and made harvesting your babies," the group wrote. The hack was originally reported by the Daily Dot.

However, in an encrypted chat, one of the alleged hackers told me that, more than anything, they were simply bored.

"One of our members is 100 percent against abortion, hence the attack…I can't speak on behalf of [the others] because I don't personally know their stance," a person who goes by the name of 'J' and was running the 3301 Twitter account told me. "We're not going to act like we're doing this to help people or that it's for a good cause. The truth is we love to hack, and we will continue to hack until we are caught, or bored."

Also, unlike the Daily Dot, Vice does include a link to the groups website, and it does appear that they have stolen info posted there. So although it might have been a pretty inept hack, I certainly wouldn't say that it simply didn't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread