Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MikeyTsi posted:

Nothing like having a worm fall on you while you're using the bathroom. Guess I need to get up in to the crawlspace.

Did it scare the poo poo out of you? :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MikeyTsi posted:

Unfortunately, I discovered that while the width of the opening was fine, the height of the doorway is 79" (for those of you that don't know, standard height for interior doors is 80", 82" with frame), so I'll need to buy a custom door. Which will cost almost 4x as much. So, that's going to have to wait for a bit.

In other news, my dad decided to buy me a miter box so I can cut moulding and such (he's also indicated that he wants to buy me a finish nailer for Christmas), so I'll hopefully be going down to Home Depot soon to pick it up. In addition, he's now absolutely certain a mouse is going to come up through the floor in my kitchen and give me hantavirus, so we're going to install vapor barrier and the base wood for the tile on the 19th. I just accepted an offer for a new position, so hopefully I'll be able to get tile installed shortly after that; I'm still debating if I should try my hand at it myself or if I should just hire out to have it done.

Tile is pretty easy to pick up, and the cost savings over a contractor could handily pay for your door. It's like $200 in dedicated stuff if you buy a tile cutter. For a very small tile job you can make the ultra-cheap ones work pretty well. Buy extra tile so you have a lot of spare from the same lot number.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/QEP-3-4-HP-Wet-Tile-Saw-with-7-in-Diamond-Blade-22650Q/202615612

Do all mixing and cutting outside next to a hose and the cleanup is actually fairly easy.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Bud K ninja sword posted:

im adding bidet people to my list of people that will always bring something up with vegans and atheists :colbert:

At least they aren't hiding the fact that they're full of poo poo.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MikeyTsi posted:

They make good stuff. These ones are 10-year lithium ones too, so I don't have to worry about batteries for a good long time.

Ever better, those are lifetime units. Smoke detectors only have a 10-year lifetime, so you simply replace them wholesale in 10 years.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

No heat pump here, unfortunately - electric strips in the inside unit for heat. The inside fan goes off/on with the relay chattering.

Low battery in your thermostat? Is it an old thermostat where maybe the coil spring thing is wearing out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MikeyTsi posted:

Aaand we're finished.

Next Saturday I need to get my hands on a truck so I can go rent the cement mixer and pick up the 17 bags of concrete I'll need, then I'll re-verify the alignment on the posts and pour. Then wait for it to set for a week then I can start getting the rails mounted and it's smooth sailing from there.

Nice work on the fence line.