Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MikeyTsi posted:

Thanks. It's actually kind of frustrating because I want to do ALL THE THINGS, ALL AT ONCE, but the realities of time and finances kind of prevent that.

The only solution is to start all of the things, so they're all in progress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MikeyTsi posted:

I've asked them what we can do to make things go faster. So far they're talking about getting me a pre-approval letter, which I don't expect the current lender is going to give two fucks about.

Has anyone had a appraisal lately? That seems to be the main factor that could gently caress things up and I'm wondering how anal they typically are.

Granted I'm looking at about 50% value/loan ratio, so that's probably a factor.

Call the new lender daily. "Hi, it's me... what are you waiting on right now?"

We had to do this to close on time (never buy a house between thanksgiving and the end of the year). They were always waiting on something they hadn't told us about it.

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MikeyTsi posted:

So,... I've got two electrical outlets out, one of which we have the microwave plugged in to.

No tripped breakers. Since I'm not sure where this ultimately routes to, I decided to do an audit of the breakers.

There's several breakers in here that I have NOOOO idea where they go (and they're big power ones too), and it looks like lighting/power for like 3 rooms, two of which are the living room and the office/library (which are big draw because the server/drive bay and the Entertainment Center are in there) are on one loving 15A circuit.

Since I'm not a certified electrician I'm going to have to bid someone out to come out and figure out why the gently caress these two outlets don't work, and I'm going to have them do a panel audit so I can figure out where the gently caress these things go and get them labeled. I'm not sure I even want to know what it would cost to get things rewired so it's not stupid.

You can audit the breakers yourself - plug a radio or something into one outlet, flip everything off until it turns off, repeat. Definitely seems like it would be $$$ to pay someone to do, when all they're going to do is that same process.

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

the spyder posted:

A contractor who is out of work and sitting on a stash of lumber they want to unload cheaply?
Absolutely none of that lines up with the times we're in.

It just fell off the back of the truck and they had to write it off, so they just want to make sure it doesn't go to waste!

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Do you mean, no ground wire? Because without a hot and a neutral, there's no circuit.

No neutral is pretty common in switches, which is fine for your old dumb switch but not fancy smart ones