Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

be careful of fiberous tilles if there are any in those layers.. a lot of square tiles had asbestos in them, if it's sheets of leolium then you're okay.. if it's tiles then you may want to either not touch it.. or do what you can to not get mesothelioma, which usually means calling a special abatement company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Basically in these days the response is.. don't do poo poo to your house unless you need to / want to pay a premium. Everything costs more, Wood, Concrete, Metal stuff.. basicaly if it's not paint or tools it's going to be covid premium priced.

I planned on doing a fence this year.. NOpe money's sitting in the bank.

I hired a guy 2 months ago to get concrete done it'll come some day. I'm on his long list because he quoted me before he saw what "summer" concrete was gunna cost. He can't hire anyone either so I've been waiting and waiting. I can't get anyone else in until October or next year.

I was going to build shelves and do some other carpentry in my finished basement.. a sheet of bad but not OSB plywood is now $76 I think I'll wait. At least the Plastic lovely trim is cheap so I can put the crown molding up in the basement.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

hi goon I hope your life is doing okay.