Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully you can get the nitty gritty (estate/probate/etc) sorted out fairly quickly so you can move on.

That said, it looks like it will be a pretty rad project with a lot of potential. The outbuildings are nice, now for storage and later for workshops and whatnot.

I'm guessing that you're single or at least without kids, that will help things immensely. I have so much I'd like to do on my house but lack of time (and money) is the killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

kastein posted:

Live in 1/3 of the house while the rest is being done, gently caress it.

:agreed:

Especially if you forsee having problems getting another job right away, no sense in pay rent on another place. Just be uncomfortable for a while.

You could be like kastein here and have literal wall-sized holes in your house at any given time.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
What's your profession if you don't mind answering? Mechanic?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I use a leaf blower to clean out my gutters, but if yours are real real bad they may need to be done by hand at first. If you have a leaf blower it's pretty easy to do.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

MikeyTsi posted:

I need a prehung door.

Do you have a circular saw?

Remove door pins, cut off whatever you need from the bottom of the door. Support door frame, cut same amount off the doorframe sides. Reassemble as a slightly shorter pre-hung unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Looks great. A new fence will be a real visual upgrade over the old one.