Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

MikeyTsi posted:

Did I mention the hot tub?

All in all, the place is going to make a pretty nice party house once I'm "done".

Go into a quiet room and listen carefully. Hear that sucking sound? That's the sound of a transdimensional wormhole that was created when you assumed ownership. It starts in your wallet and transcends time and space to suck money out and transfer it directly to the bank accounts of nearby hardware stores. It will never stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Magnus Praeda posted:

And yet, he'll never have to allow a property manager access for an inspection, he can put as many holes in his walls as he likes or even remove walls, can has make improvements without enriching someone else at his own expense...

Home ownership has drawbacks, sure, but I think the positives outweigh them by a huge margin.

This house is going to be awesome, I think.

Agreed with all, I'm glad that I bought a house several years ago. More power to the OP.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

MikeyTsi posted:

It's like a boat, except this is an asset that will appreciate instead of depreciating forever. :)

Yeah, I used to work with some boat owners, and they always said that the boat was like a hole in the water that you toss money into and watch it disappear.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

MikeyTsi posted:

To: Michael
12/08/15

Proposal #1208

For: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Roof repair
Scope:
Clean roof and gutters (no plastic roof). $550
Repair roof leak. $650
Replace stove pipe flashing (B-vent). $150
Replace furness pipe flashing (B-vent).$120
Install missed cap for water-heater pipe. $30
Replace jammed roof turbo vent.$150
Inspect all roof for other damages and fix it. $200

$1,850+tax

loving houses, man.

So what is involved with item 1 (clean roof and gutters)? Gutter cleaning should be no problem, I do mine several times per year. What's he doing to the roof that is so much? Just curious.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
There's not enough love for that leopard-print fainting couch there. Look at it. Just look at it. It's actually pretty cool looking. Where did you get it?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

MikeyTsi posted:

MY GIRLFRIEND got it from some old lady's estate that was a member of her parent's church.

A+ find there.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I would call a different plumber next time. I couldn't face someone that criticized my pooping habits.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

peanut posted:

That's a fine and sturdy trashcancan. Do we get to vote on how to paint it, or will you go with GLITTER GLITTER GLITTER

VOTE FOR PICTURES MADE WITH DRIED FOOD IN 2018!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/90564642480678280/

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
A little win like that once in a while is a good thing.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

cakesmith handyman posted:

Not mdf, for the love of God.

"For the love of God, Montresor!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

devicenull posted:

You can audit the breakers yourself - plug a radio or something into one outlet, flip everything off until it turns off, repeat. Definitely seems like it would be $$$ to pay someone to do, when all they're going to do is that same process.
I did this and made a map of what socket / switch / appliance connects to what breaker. I just turned all breakers off, plugged in a couple of lamps in each room, and then turned one breaker on. Walked around with a 3-Wire Receptacle Tester ( https://www.homedepot.com/p/Power-G...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds ) and checked every socket, one at a time. It took a while, but I'm glad I did it.