Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

MikeyTsi posted:

It's time for another episode of "WTF?". I am your host, MikeyTsi.

This weekend's work started out well (except for starting late on Saturday because I wasn't feeling well, and spending way too much time driving around getting supplies). I acquired a power painter and started painting a section of the house to see how the color scheme is going to work:

Started with this to basically test out how the sprayer works. I ultimately decided to spray the whole section so I could get a good look (and give the neighbors a chance to freak outget used to things.

Well, it's certainly going to be distinctive.

This spider had a few pretty bad days but is looking FABULOUS.

Started painting the library. Needs another coat but it's looking good.

With that, I decided I wanted to pull up some of the linoleum in the kitchen so I can get an idea of how big a job that's going to be to get to the hardwood.

Pulled up some. Not too bad, it's 2'x4' pressboard with a bunch of nails. It's going to be a pain in the rear end to take up (I have to work from the edge and break the pressboard up and then remove the nails), but it should be doable.

Wait, what's this?

SONOVABITCH. What is it with these fuckers and multiple layers of poo poo? Well, I'll just pull that up and get to the hardwood, it's just more work,....

gently caress.

I may just try to get someone out to pull this up, it's going to be an enormous pain in the rear end to try to do myself since I'd basically have to pull up the floor twice and I just have hand tools to try to do it with. Once I have the floor up and see what everything looks like I'll decide if I want to try laying oak in here or just put down some linoleum.

If you don't have a four-foot pry-bar, get one. It'll make the difference between having to kneel on the floor all the time as opposed to standing, and you'll thank God for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

dreesemonkey posted:

:agreed:

Especially if you forsee having problems getting another job right away, no sense in pay rent on another place. Just be uncomfortable for a while.

You could be like kastein here and have literal wall-sized holes in your house at any given time.

Kastein's house is made of cheese. Swiss cheese.