Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Scott 1000 is the best toilet paper and I will cut those that argue :ese:

A bidet is the best toilet paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

That's the point. Doesn't tear through easily, and takes off a layer of skin.

I don't feel clean with soft papers. I mean, if you're trying to clean peanut butter out of shag carpet using only paper, do you want copier paper, or soft construction paper?

Jesus, guess you like anal fissures, huh? Seriously, TP is gross, get a bidet.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Still not a fan of blasting water up my rear end. :v:

(also my toilet has a hard copper line going to it from the shutoff, not a flexible line...)

It's not an enema, it just just has enough pressure to clean your butt, sheesh. I don't understand why Americans are afraid of bidets, it's just like a mini shower for your rear end.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Inspector 34 posted:

Well you bidet folks act like you don't use TP at all, which kind of weirds me out because that means you're putting your pants back on with a soggy (if clean) butt. I mean, logically I know there must me some drying procedure, but somehow you all are too cool for TP, so what do you do? Just air dry for 5min or so?

Same way you dry off after a shower. A towel. I set one aside that is only for my butt.

Slugworth posted:

I'm gonna be honest, that's just one of many questions I have. Surely butts aren't a universal constant, so how do you ensure the bidet is aimed properly? Do you just scoot around on the seat until it's hitting the target? Does it ever shoot up between your legs? How does it not require agitation? If I had poo poo on my hands, I'm not confident running water would be enough to get it off.

It's pretty much set to aim in the right spot when you install it, and you shift around while it's on to clean everything. The pressure is more than enough to knock everything off. And if you do (rarely) miss something, oops, just gotta wash the towel now.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

MikeyTsi posted:

Yeah, it was part of his, "I, as a moderately amusing and rather successful cartoonist are in fact an expert in everything, so I'm going to use my totally real architectural expertise to design the totally perfect and most optimum living space".

If I recall, it was basically a loving donut. And it had a urinal, because I guess he plans to live alone and doesn't mind his bathroom always smelling of pee. (officially it was to "save water", buut non-flushing urinals smell like pee, so there you go)

It also has a loving ziggaraut of Dilbert's head:

Apparently that's the room where his cats poop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Slugworth posted:

Haha, I always assumed that was an automatic filter.

My girlfriend

Apparently not.

I think it was at one time, and people saw it and assumed everyone was doing it on purpose and started imitating it. Same thing with the filter that censored curse words like poo poo to "poo poo" and gently caress to "gently caress" - the filter was only on if you were logged out (for banner ad purposes), but newly registered people would assume you just couldn't curse here and would actually type them.