Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was just made aware of this thread from a link in AI and I've enjoyed your progress on the house. My father is doing a very similar upgrade on his newly purchased home and I wish I was there more often to chronicle his renovations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I still love that they used to take of her losing her composure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
drat dude. That is really bad. I hope you make it through this rough stretch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wind?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's a good dog and poor sweet kitty.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hate installing that stuff. Good job!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's awesome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheMightyHandful posted:

So 'something else' it is then.

What about a large metal plate across the seam underneath?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Request an accelerated closing and explain your reasons. There will likely be a fee but they should be willing to speed things up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We requested a 5 day bump and it was like $75 to do it and 9001 more signatures but it's saving us from having to rent an apartment for a month.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Find out who is doing the appraisal and get on them. Our realtor was able to get one scheduled within a day of requesting it.Just keep emailing and calling.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That flooring is great. Don't sweat the appraisal, it'l be fine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MikeyTsi posted:

For the most part I just want it to get it in a condition where there's no "I should look in to this deeper" and hope that they don't think the roof needs to be replaced immediately, because that'll blow another $5,000 in costs.

The house we just purchased needs a new roof in the next 2-3 years (per inspection by a professional roofer) and it didn't even cause a blip on the appraisal. Definitely clean it off but don't obsess over it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, just a bit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah this is great!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Elviscat sounds like a great dude!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You can't beat the detolf price point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bricks and papers seem to be reasonable still. I'm looking to build a fire pit and the cost wasn't much higher than what I priced out a year ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Our local guidelines are something like 50 feet from a structure and no overhanging trees.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Very similar to ours except for the vegetation part, I think it's a 5 foot radius. I'll need to check on that one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A stack of plywood vanished from a construction site (a panda express) and local PD is treating it like a mass shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oof, bummer about your pelvis (do we need the pelvis? They can just cut it out right?) But congrats on engagementation!