Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

What did you use to draw up that plan and measurements?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I've got one of these FatMax bars and while I've never had to use it to demo anything constructed (I actually use it more in the yard than I expected), it seems like you might be able to wedge the 90 degree end under and pry poo poo up fairly easily.

Is there anything in between "oscilatting multitool" and "jackhammer"? If it's really coming up in chunks that small I'd want to rent a power tool, but the tricky bit would be not demolishing the whole loving thing then.

Edit: maybe this?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'd still live in 1/3 of the space, gently caress rent.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I don't know about krumkake, but I loooove me some lefse. And it's right about lefse time.

Nice progress on those floors.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Did it not even have one installed?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

MikeyTsi posted:

The Nests network together though, and have some other really cool features. I just don't have the $800 or so I'd need to pick up all the ones I'd need for the house right now, and I'd like to have advanced warning in case my furnace or water heater decide to start dumping CO2.

The Nests are extremely dust-sensitive, though. I loved mine (the pathlight feature is insanely useful), right up until they started mass-false-alarming within the first 30 days.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

MikeyTsi posted:

Man, how dusty is your house?

And where did you have them mounted? Maybe I can try to avoid that whenever I get around to actually getting them.

Dusty but not that dusty. I do live in the freaking desert :v: I'm also not 100% convinced it was purely dust either since cleaning them didn't help for long. I put them in the same location as the older wired detectors, which were clearly laid out so as to minimize the amount of wire needed. The house has five total, but there are two pairs that are literally on opposite sides of a bedroom door, with the fifth one being in a bedroom that's down a hallway from the main kitchen/living space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Awesome news.