Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
As someone who worked in a door shop here is my two cents. All measurements for hardware are done from the top of the door so you would never want to cut from the top. There is generally a 1in solid strip on sides and top and probably 4in on the bottom of a residential door. If you need to take 1-2in off the height of the door just rip the bottom, you will still have plenty of the bottom rail.

I wouldn't suggest removing any width if the knob hole has already been cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

I read "no fear" where they painted...start digging.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Vavrek posted:

I'd like to offer this video as a suggestion for your fifth lawn mower, courtesy of the ... I think I got that in the BUDK thread?

Never had a mower with a battery, I don't think. Always either gas or an extension cord.

Why did I just watch an hours worth of Scythe videos.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Can you not just glue that section and use the remaining 3 clamps to secure it? Doesn't look structural so its just to keep the edges together.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

devicenull posted:

Call the new lender daily. "Hi, it's me... what are you waiting on right now?"

We had to do this to close on time (never buy a house between thanksgiving and the end of the year). They were always waiting on something they hadn't told us about it.

I had the same problem during the same time with a refinance (not even pulling any money out) that was with the same company my mortgage was already through. Once I started calling and emailing them every day asking for updates it moved along much quicker. Squeaky wheel and all that.

Just keep on them, their urgency is based off your constant reminder of your urgency. Otherwise you are just another loan number in the stack until you are on the phone and they have it in front of them.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

There's like a 50% chance the appraiser parks in a car outside, ticks some boxes, and leaves without ever actually going around the house. Like 90% of the appraisal value is square footage, BR/BA count, and lot size, compared to recent sales of houses in the area with nearly the same values in those stats. They are absolutely not going to give any shits about the quality of the paint in the bathroom.

Now, if you were having a buyer's inspector coming in, that's a different ballgame for sure.

Inspection is not the same as appraisal. Appraisal is how much the bank thinks the home is worth in case something happens and they are stuck trying to sell it. The bank is the buyer after all. They just want to make sure that the amount you are asking to borrow is equal to or less than the value of the home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Send an email to your loan company every day. Ask them if they need anything from you, don't wait for them. "Squeaky Wheel gets the oil" and all, make them hate you and want you to go away :)