Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funxion
Nov 30, 2005

This man talks to empty chairs at conventions. Please help this man back to being an idol. Fight Alzheimers!
This is going to be an awesome place once it's finished, or even partially finished. I come late to this thread so I apologize if what I'm about to say is already impracticable/dumb.

Looking at this floorplan however, I'm going to be honest, I'd switch a few things around and actually suggest knocking down a wall or two if that's at all possible.

MikeyTsi posted:

Floorplan!

Note that this is "planned", the master bathroom is actually smaller than in the picture at present.

- Just for purposes of 'niceness' I would switch around where you have your office and library. Or at least mix it up some, that office desk isn't getting much natural light shoved all the way in the back like it is. I don't know how built up it is around there but low sun in the evening is going to make looking at computer monitors there less enjoyable. You also gain a wall for bookcases and have the opportunity to knock out a new window in the south facing wall.
- I'm not going to address the insane love affair America has with having the front door in the living room, there's no solution here really. Start building proper entrances America!
- The bonus room/utility room/living room. This is where I'd really change it up. Get rid if the utility room, combine it with the sewing room, knock down those walls and have a much bigger living space leaving much more room to entertain and live
- Move the window in the kitchen and add one next to it, good morning (sun)light.

Is there really a gap between the kitchen and the little bathroom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU