Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Wait, this thread can't move to YLLS, it's not allowed to be funny anymore, or inspirational. I know if I feel like skipping the gym, I'll not go to YLLS to feel bad about it, then I see this dumbass thread and go oh, well if those tards can lift, so can I. And I lift.

Also got a pm once saying i somehow inspired someone else to lift or something. I think this thread is good for goon health.

Now for useful poo poo, weed is awesome for bulking, I'm hungry all the loving time when I'm high and lifting but plain chicken and yoguart actually taste good. Semen is even better. I'm closing in on 180 finally with it, despite my running addiction.

You can post retard human being poo poo in this thread and people will respond, not redirect you to some overspecialized thread or tell you to look at some massive overwrought OP that's 50% balls or call you a piece of poo poo for being a noob you'll just get called a piece of poo poo in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Lol you had a hard time getting to 180? I easily weighed that when I was fat

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

JebanyPedal posted:

Also, big triceps > big biceps, flexed big bis look good but triceps will make your arms look humongous and filled out all the time.

To compare them is meaningless, they are simultaneously the most important members of the glamour muscle group, namaste

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW
lmao matt kroc is a woman now. jesus christ what is going on in this world

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Aralan posted:

To compare them is meaningless, they are simultaneously the most important members of the glamour muscle group, namaste

No unless you're like super pearl one will always be proportionally a bit bigger just make sure its the tris

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

anchoress posted:

Looks good

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

JebanyPedal posted:

You need to do squats and overhead press too. Just build your routine around bench, DL, squat, and OHP.

DO NOT PUT OHP AND SHOULDER STUFF ON THE SAME DAY AS YOUR CHEST STUFF LIKE SO MANY FLAT SHOULDER NARROW BITCHES.
No matter how perfect your form bench and other chest movements WILL use your front delts to some degree which means they will forever be in substandard shape.
That's like my one big tip. Don't neglect shoulders, give them their own day.
AND GET THEM LATS BIG DO TONS OF STRICT rear end ROWS.
Also, big triceps > big biceps, flexed big bis look good but triceps will make your arms look humongous and filled out all the time.

Those are some HOT TIPS

Lmao seriously who doesn't have a shoulder day? Shoulder day is the best day, especially in a tank top. Assuming you aren't some loving twink, seeing the muscle definition and all the veins is awesome. Big shoulders are awesome because medium size shirts will look like little kid shirts.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

JebanyPedal posted:

No unless you're like super pearl one will always be proportionally a bit bigger just make sure its the tris

I just exhaust them both and leave the decision in God's hands

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
how do i get a weightlifting man next to my name?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Lmao seriously who doesn't have a shoulder day? Shoulder day is the best day, especially in a tank top. Assuming you aren't some loving twink, seeing the muscle definition and all the veins is awesome. Big shoulders are awesome because medium size shirts will look like little kid shirts.

Youd be surprised how many pebble shoulder tards just do seated DB press and some pathetic raises at the end of chest day
Also OHP is hard and confusing and takes effort and actually assistance work to get up opposed just getting fat and putting 50lb on your DL. So people just give up and resort to bitch seated work.
Btw, the unsung hero of OHP is what it does to your serratus, upper lats, and upper traps once you're going heavy with it. Seated OHP even going mad heavy with BB isn't going to touch that poo poo

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

JebanyPedal posted:

You need to do squats and overhead press too. Just build your routine around bench, DL, squat, and OHP.

DO NOT PUT OHP AND SHOULDER STUFF ON THE SAME DAY AS YOUR CHEST STUFF LIKE SO MANY FLAT SHOULDER NARROW BITCHES.
No matter how perfect your form bench and other chest movements WILL use your front delts to some degree which means they will forever be in substandard shape.
That's like my one big tip. Don't neglect shoulders, give them their own day.
AND GET THEM LATS BIG DO TONS OF STRICT rear end ROWS.

Those are some HOT TIPS

just do that stronglifts program, it comes with a phone app so you dont even have to take a notebook and make notes and poo poo, you can just beep boop on your phone like a FYAD moderator faced with a plate full of eggs.

Instead of doing 5 sets of 5 reps though, do 5 sets of 10 reps so you get dat dere volume for gainz.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Also for shoulder day lovers look up the Zydrunas Press the lift coined by the motherfucker with the most insane no leg drive OHP, your poo poo will doe

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Renegret posted:

ylls told me to read a book but idk how reading a book makes me less fat

http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html

this is a good + simple starter routine made by a cool goon who doesnt post much in ylls anymore (le shock), it helped me drop 64 pounds (alongside myfitnesspal and dropping calorie drinks that arent protein shakes) over 2-3 months. when you no longer feel sore as poo poo doing this routine look for a more complicated routine

the tldr of it is lots of deadlifts and rows on back/shoulders day, lots of squats presses and pullups on arms/legs day

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I can't do any heavy overhead movements because I hurt something in my shoulder earlier this summer, I wish it would stop bothering me already because I'm certainly not going to see a doctor about it. I'm left trying to work around it with raises and shrugs but it isn't really the same

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Gaunab posted:

how do i get a weightlifting man next to my name?

Become a fat idiot

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lunixnerd posted:

just do that stronglifts program, it comes with a phone app so you dont even have to take a notebook and make notes and poo poo, you can just beep boop on your phone like a FYAD moderator faced with a plate full of eggs.

Instead of doing 5 sets of 5 reps though, do 5 sets of 10 reps so you get dat dere volume for gainz.

You can just do high intensity for more sets and accomplish a similar level of hypertrophy, volume doesn't just mean more reps in a set, you'll get stronger that way too.
Like for OHP I'll warm up to my working sets, 3 reps for two sets, then pyramid down in weight slightly, 3 reps, pyramid down slightly, 3 reps, if that feels easy do another 3 reps of that weight or pyramid down otherwise.
I'll go on doing that until I've done like 10 sets it's insanely messed up how it will gently caress you up though but on a bulk my OHP moves up 5LB every session without fail doing that

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Can I just run up and down all the stairs in my apartment building for leg day? The last time I did leg day I went over the top and literally could not walk for 3-4 days.

Plus it's hard work and no one be peepin your legs at the club/beach so long as they're not ridiculously tiny compared to your upper body

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
legs is half your body, dont neglect legs

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

No that poo poo sucks.
Leg day will leave you less and less sore as time goes on its the fact that you pussied out that will leave you hosed up the next time you do it.
Also women DO notice legs, my baes give me mad props on my thighs and my rear end is like a national treasure

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

The Saurus posted:

Plus it's hard work and no one be peepin your legs at the club/beach so long as they're not ridiculously tiny compared to your upper body

squats build nice asses, and everyone loves a great rear end, trust me im bi br0

rear end is the universal sign of a Sexy Beast

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
hmm but climbing stairs two at a time is like upwards lunges, and i thought lunges were even better for your rear end than squats are, they're like the assest exercise

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

U need weight on the lunges big fat doofus

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
lol, like i'd climb the stairs without a dumbell in each hand i thought that went without saying

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

quote:

butts

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mediocre

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

The Saurus posted:

Can I just run up and down all the stairs in my apartment building for leg day? The last time I did leg day I went over the top and literally could not walk for 3-4 days.

The first time you do leg day is crippling for days. After like three or four leg days it's just normal soreness like any other workout though so really the trick is to just not skip leg day and then you'll be fine. I'm currently skipping leg day since I'm working on cardio and I don't want to break that routine up yet, but otherwise it's a necessary evil

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Have you seen his physique? Its like a laffapolooza of mediocre proportions and chest broing
Celebs seriously have retarded personal trainers

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

U need weight on the lunges big fat doofus

they prolly arent as reliably good as leg days but if you're commited to your caveman leg workouts get in some farmer walks (walking uphill while lifting heavy poo poo), will prolly help with your nerd-like gasping and wheezing too

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I have a very physical job and walk 15 mins to work and back each day which is nice cause it's like getting paid to work out but it also means I can't really crush it or do leg day at all because i have to be able to move and walk for work.

if only i was an unemployed adonis like so many gym rats, who can afford to lay in bed in agony for days after a superset

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The Saurus posted:

I have a very physical job and walk 15 mins to work and back each day which is nice cause it's like getting paid to work out but it also means I can't really crush it or do leg day at all because i have to be able to move and walk for work.

if only i was an unemployed adonis like so many gym rats, who can afford to lay in bed in agony for days after a superset

I did fine while having an insanely physical job at a liquor store, even after delivery days of moving like a 1000 cases I was able to go and crush leg day.
Just get a PWO, do some mobility stretches to smooth out the stiffness, and go ham, the physical job might actually HELP you in that case, some of my most diesel PRs were on delivery days.

Working at a liquor store owned though because OHPing cases up that went up to like 50lb for liquor and wine made me have a 165lb OHP at 155lb which was ridic.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I dont really get heavy muscle aches anymore. At worst they're mild (kind of enjoy these) and never really cripple me like some of the DOMS did back when I was a newbie

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Zzulu posted:

I dont really get heavy muscle aches anymore. At worst they're mild (kind of enjoy these) and never really cripple me like some of the DOMS did back when I was a newbie

My legs still get super hosed up and sometimes my back, not like beginner DOMS but definitely enough to the level where I'll complain to the girlfriend and demand back and booty rubs.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I could legit eat a full container of cottage cheese a day. poo poo is awesome, and super good for you.

Also lol if you don't think everyone posting in ylls isn't fat and gross. Like jebany said, all skinny fats

I also post my pic every chance I get because I'm ripped and feel the need for acceptance.

I haven't posted

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I could legit eat a full container of cottage cheese a day. poo poo is awesome, and super good for you.

Also lol if you don't think everyone posting in ylls isn't fat and gross. Like jebany said, all skinny fats

I also post my pic every chance I get because I'm ripped and feel the need for acceptance.

I haven't posted in ylls proper in years but from what I recall the majority of regulars are in much better shape than you

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Dum Cumpster posted:

Become a fat idiot

*licks lips*

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

anchoress posted:

weightlifting is actually really common among trans ladies who accept that they trans late in life. my guess is that they feel like poo poo and depressed as men, so they assume its their fault and try to be more and more manly

this will prob happen less and less as the next social topic pivots from gays to trans peeps, sorta how like most closeted homos now are republican twinks instead of old magicians

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Kroc came out like five years ago, its weird that it is news now

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im skipping the gym today to go surfing. water is over 70 now. paddlin' is a good workout

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
skipping the gym to go surfing? that's a paddlin

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

david carmichael posted:

I haven't posted

I haven't posted in ylls proper in years but from what I recall the majority of regulars are in much better shape than you

You got aborted when u were 5 piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
great stuff.

• Locked thread