Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

How many of you do barbell lifts and DON'T do them in a cage/rack?

Only back squats and bench presses can't be done from the floor (unless you're doing some weird poo poo I guess).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

UnfurledSails posted:

I like low bar squats because they train you to assume the perfect making GBS threads stance. Now I can take a dump without fear of falling into a pool of crap when I visit countries with makeshift holes for toilets.

this

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

If he's truly 400 pounds rudimentary weight training will be very ineffective relative to walking, cycling, swimming etc.

Obviously at that point a 400 pound back squat is a secondary concern to getting off cholesterol medication at age thirty.

I've become a little jaded though from my job. Like the 350 pound dude who does quad extension while wearing deadlift straps should probably spend more time sweating and less time thinking he earned that feta omelette for breakfast.

I heard walking on an incline treadmill is p dece for shedding pounds

• Locked thread