Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Clean and press is my fav exercise followed by tricep pushdown and barbell row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Also I like dumbell oullover a lot and lat pull down.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Ralp posted:

It's that way for lots of the forums. Like, there's been a Game of Thrones discussion thread in GBS and TV/IV and Book Barn and GiP and FYAD and probably YOSPOS and BYOB and PYF.

Actually let me reframe it in terms of a forum instead: I'm going to pick on YOSPOS for example because the mods there have done a good job in improving this. When the funny computer forum has megathreads for Game of Thrones, working out, favorite music, Diablo 3, bitcoin, politics, general chat, and loving cat picture spam, well then it's not a focused subforum anymore, it's a general forum that happens to have a few more computer threads than other general forums. Why do we even have subforums if that's what they're going to be?

This isn't necessarily bad (from a user's perspective it's fine), but it makes things a lot harder to organize, administrate, and moderate. Each subforum acts like an offsite that happens to be hosted onsite, and I don't want to administrate a dozen slightly different general forums, I want to administrate one forum: Something Awful. When you pay $10 for an account, it shouldn't be admission to one forum of your choice where you camp out forever and never leave (unless you really are only interested in posting about that specific topic, that's fine too). Instead, your account grants you access to all of the SA Forums. Use them!

And of course there's some overlap; I'm not demanding that every topic be strictly categorized and indexed. Rather, I'm asking, on a case by case basis (and this thread happens to be such a case): "Does it make sense for this topic to be duplicated in another forum, in this case GBS? Or does it belong in the dedicated subforum, in this case YLLS?" There's no hard and fast criterion for making that decision, but that's what I'm asking about. Hope that helps explain where I'm coming from.

Ylls is super serious and likes the smell of their own farts so I like having a more chill thread for the gym

• Locked thread