Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Where's the lifting/gay chat subforum thanks in advance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
\

david carmichael posted:

I haven't posted in ylls proper in years but from what I recall the majority of regulars are in much better shape than you

Lol no one cares if people are in better shape than you as long as you're somewhat in shape. If you are regular BMI and have some muscle definition you're in like the top 1% of looks anyway.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
\

Dum Cumpster posted:

You mean other than the posters in this thread?

If i can convince enough of them then I'll be the top dog here.

But also I just do cardio and haven't lifted in 3 years.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
\

Aralan posted:

That sounds like the opposite of how you're supposed to work out

Yeah but I like playing sports too much. So when it's a choice between football/frisbee/soccer and lifting I end up not lifting.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
\

MaxxBot posted:

That and even as someone who enjoys lifting heavy stuff, almost everyone wants to look good at the very least as a secondary effect of their lifting and starting strength is poo poo for that goal.

If you don't lift at all SS is fine for looking good. At least better than the randomly doing whatever the guy at the planet fitness front desk suggests

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
\

boji posted:

But, it has been shown a shot can help just before/after intense non-endurance athletic activity.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
\
Even worse than using a pad is not squatting at all. Though to be fair fat people have a pad built in.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
\
Good deal on powder here:

http://slickdeals.net/f/8004951-8lb...c=featured-1831

Idk if it's good powder or just the crap with a lot of sugar but it's cheap

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
\
Lotta betas taking supplements

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/08/07/430347355/men-looking-to-get-ripped-are-at-risk-of-abusing-legal-supplements

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
\

bamhand posted:

It feels harder and uncomfortable. I mean I don't drop like a rock to the bottom but I find I come to a natural stop when I can't physically go any lower.

Like I feel like I can do more weight going lower, which seems like the opposite of everyone else.

E: Just took a measurement, I'm about 4-5 inches from the ground.

Sounds fine as long as you're under control the whole way. I mean I could see you pulling something if you just do that without any warm up or anything but past that I don't think it's a big deal.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
\

Lunixnerd posted:

Rise from your grave swolethread.

I have wicked lower back pain in the morning, what exercises can I do to alleviate it.

Stretch your hamstrings too. And yeah light back extensions. I had this happen when I was doing tons of ab exercises but nothing for my back.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
\
Starting up a non-name brand crossfit gym has to be the best thing ever.

"Oh, you mean instead of taking this large building and buying a ton of machines I just have to get 10 kettle bells and pullup bars? Then I can charge more than a regular gym?"

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
\
Yeah I'll have a pullup contest with you. You have to post your video first though. I'm also just going to laugh at the video and not do any pullups.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
\

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Running fixed my knees, learn to run, it's a loving hard thing that takes practice just like lifting, you can't just run 2 miles and be like "gently caress yeah I'm a runner!".

Don't listen to this guy, if you have bad knees running ain't gonna help. Do elliptical or swimming or roller skating or anything that's not running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
\

Zzulu posted:

I just ate a whole deer

I hunted it with my bare hands

fought several wolves for the right to its flesh

I just drank a whole beer

I got if from the fridge with my bare hands

pet my cats for the heck of it

• Locked thread