Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
mostly i just drink water though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
lets roid together

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
hm, what to eat for breakfast when youre cutting

I'm bad at breakfast, i never have any appetite in the morn. Thinking of just buying a few boxes of proteinbars and eat those lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
eh you could start bulking from that dude

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Depends on peoples definition of huge

This is George st pierre who fought in the welterweight division (170 pounds)

Though now that I think about it those guys all cut weight so he probably weighed closer to 180-190 usually

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
""It became more and more ubiquitous," Achiro says. "Guys around my age who I knew – I'd go to their apartment and see a tub of some kind of [protein] powder.""

This is when you need to call for an intervention:siren::siren::siren:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Whey is just cheese stuffs

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

same

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Lunixnerd posted:

Does it actually do anything except make various liquids taste like poo poo when you mix it in.

Some people report that it makes them retain water and you can get puffy after extended use. This doesn't happen with everyone though so EH

You find creatine naturally in meat and stuff. The thought behind drinking creatine powder is that you will see a small increase in strength and performance after using it for extended periods of time and I do believe it is legit. Tons of actual high level athletes use it, not just weightlifters.

I'm just too lazy to use it myself. Protein and BCAAs is enough powders going into my system

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Big thighs are nice if you're fairly lean so you can see all teh cool quadness up in there and also if you got nicely developed shoulders, chest and back to even out the proportions a bit

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

soy posted:

Switching programs next week but can't decide if I want to start bulking yet, I'm at about 196lb (6'5). Maybe drop another 10lb first? I don't know. I want to grow my arms though.

Post your pic and we can tell you

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
godspeed Lunixnerd

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Do steroids:coolfish:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I drank a glass of several eggs once and I didn't die. It tasted like tasteless slime

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
take a caffeine pill

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
And some steroids

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

your skeltons will disintegrate

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

CruJones posted:

3 bros I'd never seen before were at my gym today. They all looked slightly above average, ripped-wise, but nothing particularly special. One was wearing an athletic shirt for the local university, so I figured they were low-level athletes of some sort, probably unable to get a workout in that early on campus on a Sunday. Again, none of them looked particularly powerful or anything. Then, they start squatting. Two plates. Three plates. Four plates. Five plates. Six plates. All for reps. All of them. They finally topped out at 675. They were making the guys at my gym that normally make me feel like a weak piece of poo poo feel like weak pieces of poo poo.

You should hang out with those guys

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Your muscles become a lot more effective but ya need a lil more hypertrophy to get them building a bunch of more muscle

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I never do more than 2 minutes between sets and only on hard stuff like deadlifts. I try to keep it around 30s-1min on isolation stuffs

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I've been smearing peanutbutter ontop of my twink lovers chest and eating it

very nice

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
gonna deadlift on a saturday aww yeah

the gym is empty

gonna grunt so loud

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
freeweights own bro

I started my gym adventures doing almost exclusively weight machines but then I graduated into doing almost exclusively free weights :frogbon:

Machines are still nice for some specific isolation work but I definitely prefer my dumbbells and barbells nowadays

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Most powerlifters do

Not all!

But Most

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
theyre good for your butt. We should be thankful that more women are hip thrusting imo

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Just ask a beautiful woman to film you while you squat. Ask her to really focus on your glutes

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Stefan Prodan posted:

Started lifting regularly again after taking a month or two where I was doing it really sporadically, this time I'm being really good about drinking at least one protein shake every day which I wasn't doing before

Maybe I will actually get the gains this time

ya can put more than one scoop in that shake. I'd recommend it if you dont have the rest of your diet in check because you're probably not getting much protein

fyi nutrition is like 50% of the battle if you want a nice body. When I was a newbie I didn't care at all about what I ate and saw very little results other than strength in the gym. Then I started being disciplined with what I ate and started with bulking and cutting cycles and saw great results

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Best lower body exercise is and always has been a good rogering from the local gymlords

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
if anyone asks to work in it's actually code and they want to get inside you

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Chinatown posted:

so i think i sprained my left groin muscle (whatever thats called)

its kinda hard to walk right now

what the gently caress do i do now? lift weights in a wheelchair?

this sucks

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

disregard_last posted:

My friends and coworkers tell me that I'm crazy and take counting calories too far.

The thing is I'm not that anal about it and last Friday I consumed over 4k cals of beer and rich and fatty food.

Maybe tracking my food intake at all is what makes them think I'm crazy.

Most people think counting calories is crazy

most people are dumpy uggos too though so :smaug:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:agreed:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Actuaöly just make sure that youre doing tje pullups with good technique. Badly done pullups are easy to do , correct omes are much harder so some people trick themselves into thinkong that they are bosshog at pullups

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

:gonk:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Ive lost no strenht on this cut ☺️ Bit its been a very slow and stedy marginal cut

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:dong::dong:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
its not bad

i like seated dumbbell press

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Only if you mean "lets bang that Marco Polo guy in the pool together" in which case I'm up for that event

• Locked thread