Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
when I started out i followed other peoples plans and I'd recommend doing that if you're a newb. Once you learn more about the lifts/yourself and what is good and what is good for your goals you can start to make your own custom routines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i see so many people doing lat pulldowns on the pulldown machine wrong

there are like a billion variants i've seen since i started at this new gym. People kind of rowing them somehow, people doing it wayyyy behind their neck while leaning forward and poo poo. Like, there are clear instructions with pictures even on the thing but you still see really unfit people sit down on it and just start flailing they limbs around

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Do people really build any muscle on 5/3/1 rotations

All I ever get out of low rep stuff is strength. I never got any decent muscles until i started doing reps in the range of 10-12ish

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
man bodytypes can be deceptive

this twink who didnt even look like he even went to a gym walked into MY gym and started outlifting me real bad. Really hurt my ego bro

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
justate a bag of chips and 5 scoops of whey for breakfast slash lunch,

now im gonna go to the gym and get my pumps on

then it is new years eve

a good day

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:agreed:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Gonna get fat then im gonna cut and get slightly more ripped. also gonna break the world record in twinkporking. It will be a good year

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
A good strut, 8/10

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
can you buttlords at least say how much youre lifting

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Pesmerga posted:

First lifting day after 12 days without it over Christmas. I've put on a kg and it definitely isn't muscle. Wondering whether to stick to the +20/-20 calories I've been on for lifting and resting days or do a small cut or +0/-20 for a few weeks. Any advice? Wish me luck swoledudes!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
why are you assholes so strong, I can only lift 300

this ISNT FAIR

*storms out of gym, crying*

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i got plenty of muscles, what i lack is sufficient strength it seems. Tbh I don't see many in my gym who lfit more than 300 anyway so I've been content with it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im bulking, gonna get fat

then ill have to cut in time for :captainpop:beach 2016 :chanpop:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

notZaar posted:

Theoretically wouldn't you want to start cutting now if you want abs by summer? You should have bulked in the Fall.

not really, I dont want to cut for too long

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
hope you get a cool forehead scar

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

bamhand posted:

Pulled a double at 420 for deadlift today. Then squat 2 plates for 50 reps. I can't feel anything below my chest.

420 aww yea smoke weed every day

420 bitchesssss yea

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
why is your back bad? why cant you do squats

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I strap heavy weights onto my arms and hands and then I jerk off all night

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yeah its cold as poo poo here as well but when I head home after the gym i am a golden god of heat and warmth and the cold can't touch this shiit

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
http://i.imgur.com/9aK9Ued.mp4

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

This guy looks incredibly wrong

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The trick to losing weight is, you have to first accept Allah in your heart

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

this is me irl

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
never go full squat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Paper Diamonds posted:

At least he's doing something, plus many weight machines are low/no impact on joints. He could have easily been at home avoiding your judgments. Instead he went to the gym. Good for him and gently caress you. Belittling others who are trying to better themselves only makes you look like a jerk.

That guy is 100% going to give up in a week or two because his utterly retarded halfassed "effort" didn't do anything for him

Yeah, that 400 pound man was really brave and we should all praise him and not criticise. Critique feels bad :(

• Locked thread