Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
I'm one of those beginners that only ever squats, should I revel in the fact that I resemble a t-rex with my huge legs and atrophied arms or should I do a curl? Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Fallows posted:

just finished almost 2 months of GOMAD ama

Do the milk-farts help you get up out of the hole when you squat?

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
What is your pre-squat ritual gbs? I like to draw a pentagram in chalk around the rack and then say HAIL SATAN with every rep. Apparently the left hand path is one of sick gainz and low bodyfat.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

JebanyPedal posted:

Also lots of insecure retards that have no endurance or perspective and say anyone spending more than an hour in the gym is taking things too easy or whatever kind of retard poo poo you can also read on the bb.com forums.
That forum is boring as sin

Why do you need endurance at the gym? Cardio kills your gainz brah.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Renegret posted:

ylls told me to read a book but idk how reading a book makes me less fat

Drink a gallon of milk each day and fart yourself to fitness.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

JebanyPedal posted:

You need to do squats and overhead press too. Just build your routine around bench, DL, squat, and OHP.

DO NOT PUT OHP AND SHOULDER STUFF ON THE SAME DAY AS YOUR CHEST STUFF LIKE SO MANY FLAT SHOULDER NARROW BITCHES.
No matter how perfect your form bench and other chest movements WILL use your front delts to some degree which means they will forever be in substandard shape.
That's like my one big tip. Don't neglect shoulders, give them their own day.
AND GET THEM LATS BIG DO TONS OF STRICT rear end ROWS.
Also, big triceps > big biceps, flexed big bis look good but triceps will make your arms look humongous and filled out all the time.

Those are some HOT TIPS

just do that stronglifts program, it comes with a phone app so you dont even have to take a notebook and make notes and poo poo, you can just beep boop on your phone like a FYAD moderator faced with a plate full of eggs.

Instead of doing 5 sets of 5 reps though, do 5 sets of 10 reps so you get dat dere volume for gainz.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

The Saurus posted:

Is it okay to use cardio machines and ellipticals occasionally so long as you always use maximum resistance?

Just pick up the cardio machine and start curling it.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

5-HT posted:

most they went down was about half their size, and that was when I ran nandrolone/deca. never touching it again. only steroid I ever used where recovery took forever after going off.

Why would anyone use steroids, jeez, having huge meaty thick testes is half the reason I lift in the first place. LMAO if you can hold your pathetic tiny scrote in one hand.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

notZaar posted:

That's a pretty interesting read, although somebody ahead invented an eat watch, it's called MFP.

Yeah, lol at the horror of having to look up and input your calories for EVERY SINGLE MEAL.

Thats fatty fat fat talk

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Ramsus posted:

why track what you eat, just don't drink lots of things other than water, no fast food and stop eating pasta every night

Thats easy for you to say, what about the fat chick on tv with PCOS?

(PCOS - Pies, Cookies, Oreos, Soda)

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

I'm the dude on the left at the beginning who cannot move his pecs due to insufficient mind-muscle connection.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Is there any protein supplements made out of ground up mealworms and crickets? I want to get those sweet lizard gainz, if they can regrow their tails eating insects, I can grow some bis.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

notZaar posted:

If a steak is good, then so is pizza.

Pizza is mostly carbs which dont build muscle, you need protein brah, you can suck it directly from the spigot :wink:

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Protein is over rated.

Steroids are not.

Still not over the ball-shrinkage stuff though, I like my beefy danglers.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

bamhand posted:

You see him tear open his shins during the left. drat.

Are tetanus shots a feature of powerlifting / strongman events?

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

bamhand posted:

Sometimes when I squat I get bruises in a line across my shoulders. Should I invest in pussy pad.

I have a callous line on my back where the bar digs in, its great when you start wearing a yoke to pull the plough through the fields.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Rich Piana is totally natty right?

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Roid talk:

Watch this: http://www.uk.tlc.com/shows/jodie-marsh-on-steroids/videos/#2422526153001

So one of these dudes started taking steroids to increase his bench press from 70kg (1rm) to 110kg, for Americans that work in furloughs per fortnight thats something like 155lbs to 240lbs.

Do british gym going men have hollow bones like birds and diets consisting entirely out of cotton candy? That is a pathetic amount of weight on the bench to go "gently caress it, I'm roiding up"

Maybe this gym is more their speed:

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

JebanyPedal posted:

Opinion on Zydrunas Press

Its useful when you are sitting on a wide buttplug, pushing a few hundred lbs above your head will help push you down over the glans.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
lol @ nattyornot.com

Its like a journey into the mind of the worlds fattest, weakest most delusional powerlifter wannabe.

Look at this poo poo: http://nattyornot.com/getting-psyched-before-heavy-squats/

Some choice quotes:

"As expected, the usual group of teenagers playing the game: “Who is the biggest coward in the gym?” was there. Those curl monkeys were naturally lifting baby weights and following the most generic bodybuilding routines one could think of. "

"To hell with spotters! The thick safety pins were my guardian angels and only training partners. Those are smarter than most people in the gym anyway."

"I loaded the bar with my working weight of 129,5 kg, which was a number I have missed 2-3 times before. Thereupon I opened my chalk box with love and covered the middle of the barbell with white powder. Then, I took off my shirt, which was not really appreciated by the teenage ninjas playing on the back machines."

"They saw my permabulking scars a.k.a. fat gut and modest bitch tits formation, which was not optimal, but still not enough to tilt me. I needed to put chalk on my T-shirt to get the bar stable and comfy"

"Before my top sets I had a dilemma to solve – belt or no belt? Something in me wanted to put the belt on, but I said: “No!” I wanted this day to be as raw as possible."

“Lat pull downs with 50 kg / 110 lbs, seriously? You are killing me, losers.”

"I took a deep breath, unracked the bar and did a few small steps to clear the pins. In my mind I was like: “gently caress monolifts! Real men unrack their squats!”."

Please stay out of the gym when you are autistic as gently caress and think you need a monolift for a paltry 129kg squat.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
I added some volume work to my usual 5x5 program last night, now I'm dead. :rip: me

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

roymorrison posted:

Its monday goons should post videos of some lifts on mondays

Please critique my squat form:

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

CuteJen96 posted:

i walked in at 4:35 this morning and the guy invited me to come back for free pizza night and I just kind of shook my head and made a noise like "uuughghghhhh"

Do they have weights at planet fitness? I thought its just wall to wall cardio machines for people to sit on and enjoy their free pizza and bagels.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Aralan posted:

If it's anything like the planet fitnesses I've used, the weight rack ends at 60 pounds and those squat racks are all Smith machines

Smith machines are like squat racks with training wheels, you wouldn't want to engage any stabilizers or anything hazardous like that.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

CuteJen96 posted:

*shrug* dunno. It's an independenty owned franchise and I guess they decided to put real squat racks. They've got 2 smith machines and then two real squat racks. I forget how high the weights go because i'm very gay and am only just starting.

Do they have a lunk alarm?

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

CuteJen96 posted:

*accidentally slams leg press machine against stops*

*cold sweat rolls down back*

*nervously eyes lunk alarm for 30 seconds. not moving. not breathing*

safe for another day.

The lunk alarm is useful if you are about to do a PR deadlift or something and you want the whole gym to witness your greatness. Just drop a dumbell, grunt loudly and be safe in the knowledge that all eyes are now on you as you approach the bar with your chalked up hands (chalk also not allowed)

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

notZaar posted:

Yesterday I was at a nutrition lecture and they lady said to drink 200ish calories of chocolate milk for recovery. Is that bullhonkey?

I also keep hearing about the miracle healing powers of chocolate milk, haven't tried it yet or found out why its better than plain unflavored milk yet.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

lodewijk posted:

We don't have those over here ... Some kind of Planet Fitness spin-off, or something?

Its a ladies gym for ladies only, so if you want to go blast your quads you will need a wig, lipstick and you need to tape down and tuck your dong.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

notZaar posted:

Well obviously they're lezzing out in the locker rooms and not on the gym floor, what did you think they have no modesty?

I hope they inject each other with horse roids to make their clits grow. That would be hot.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Depths posted:

Found out that I react badly to morphine, puked 10 times today, gains just flushing down the toilet along with my posts

Helpful fitness tip:

Not everything that comes in a needle is anabolic pal, next time, reach for the winstrol or equipoise instead of the morphine.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Ramsus posted:

are you people still avoiding fat but consuming mass amounts of sugar

My macros are 55% fat, 23% protein, 22% carbs

Thats good right?

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I'm addicted to creatine.

Does it actually do anything except make various liquids taste like poo poo when you mix it in.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Don't fund the pre-workout industrial complex, just make your own using caffeinated cola and instant coffee, combine these ingredients and mix to a paste like consistency for serious jailhouse gainz.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I bought pouches of about ten different ingredients to make my own pwo. Purchased it about 6 months ago, spent about $70, not even 1/4 of the way through them.

I would be disappointed if one of those pouches was not just straight crystal meth or cocaine.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Goblin Zeplin posted:

Praise the Swole Gods. A year ago my back died (lower back hernia) because I'm 32.

Deadlifted 3 set of 5's for 225 and did not died.

gently caress you doctor who told me I couldn't do it.

Fuuuuuck you

poo poo, if you're 32 then I'm 4 years overdue for some massive physical infirmity.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Aferisan posted:

help i only work out my arms and now i'm an imbalanced gorilla

Now do whatever this guy did: http://i.imgur.com/k4A5D.jpg (NSFW-ish)

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Budzilla posted:

My housemate claimed he lost 7kg when he didn't workout for 2 weeks. Why do people make up such bullshit numbers? That's almost 10% of his body weight and he is not a big person.

Thanks for reading my story.

Its water weight, I'm about 5kgs lighter after the week I take off from working out now and again.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Just ate some steak, time to go lift a thing, wish me luck goons.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Workout update, did not die and only vomited a little in my mouth - a very successful workout.

How do I add volume work to my deadlifts? I want to get over my terminal case of bitch-back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

Fushin posted:

It actually really isn't if you do more research than just https://www.google.com idiot.

Just a reminder, no-one ever got salmonella from drinking jizz and its basically 90% albumin anyway (and its warm when you suck it directly from the spigot :wink:)

• Locked thread