Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Is gang fighting where you get 8 more people and all jump one guy?
You're probably familiar with at least a few gang fighting techniques that Sasha Grey employed during her infamous gang fighting career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
What is the swolethread approved protein for making shakes. Something with a flavor that will hide well in milk, peanut butter, and bananas.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
1 rep max deadlifted 265 yesterday. :toot:
1 rep max squatted 245 but I'm not saying it counts because I pulled my knees together. Strict form "knees over little toe" I can only 1 rep 225.
Not super impressive (for a 185 lbs, 6' tall guy) I know, but I'm getting there slowly. Current goal is to 5 rep squat 300lbs.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
WELP
just tore the crotch in my gym shorts while deadlifting

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

UnfurledSails posted:

I've never done anything but low bar squatting, and the shoes still helped me a lot. Not because of the raised heel, but because it had a wider solid base so I felt way more stable compared to squatting with converses.

I like low bar squats because they train you to assume the perfect making GBS threads stance. Now I can take a dump without fear of falling into a pool of crap when I visit countries with makeshift holes for toilets.

Just practiced this high level skill at the ATL airport.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Rolo posted:

Like a whole leftover tray of catered cheeses off an airplane.
What the gently caress kind of airplane serves a cheese tray?

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Chinatown posted:

one you cant afford
Please, you're embarassing yourself. We all know taste buds change with altititude and lose fine taste detection, my caseiculture wouldn't dream of serving a finely ripened Camembert or an aged Stilton at 30,000 feet.

I mean it IS 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

GORDON posted:

Literally the fattest guy I've ever seen in the gym showed up today. It is hard for me to guestimate his weight because I've never studied a human that big, but my best guess is 400 pounds. He was trying to use the machines and he would pour himself into them, where he would stay for about 5 minutes doing 5 sets of 7 reps of low weight. He couldn't get in the curling machine at all... he sort of stood behind it, rested his gut on the seat, and was reaching his arms across the pad to the bar. I would have taken pics... but I am not that mean, yet. I'm working on it.

But I really think one of the trainers should have taken him aside and told him that strength training was not where he needed to start.
At least he's doing something, plus many weight machines are low/no impact on joints. He could have easily been at home avoiding your judgments. Instead he went to the gym. Good for him and gently caress you. Belittling others who are trying to better themselves only makes you look like a jerk.

• Locked thread