Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Let out the loudest single fart of my adult life this morning doing a deadlift. My girlfriend and 3 other people were all there and heard it. It took her more than 5 minutes to stop laughing. Luckily I didn;t goon out and poo poo my shorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I just do one soda a day, one coffee a day, one beer and the rest is all water or milk. All I do diet wise aside from that is eat slow/stop eating when Im no longer hungry.

Turns out physical fitness is easy as gently caress

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

notZaar posted:

Or you can drink coffee and soda without sugar.

Coffee, yes, but non-sugar sodas are awful. I'll take the extra carbs and just burn them. But if you're looking to cut calories/sugar/carbs then yeah, diet soda is an easy fix.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
4 weeks a year, normally around the middle Jan, April, July and October, I do a full week of vegetarian diet and just one cup of coffee, no booze, no soda, etc. while doing only moderate amounts of cardio. If anything when that week is over and I go back to a regular diet it makes me feel a lot more energetic and focused for awhile.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Tiny Lowtax posted:

That's over a pound a month because of pop, FYI.

Drink water, milk, and coffee. Leave all that sugary and fake sugar that fucks with your brain alone.

I've maintained weight for 3 years. Who cares about a pound if you can process it in a healthy and responsible manner?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Natureworldnews.com probably isn't the best source for medically relevant news. Also, the Yale study mentioned actually doesn't say what the article is trying to make it say.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765 posted:

In addition, consensus from interventional studies suggests that artificial sweeteners do not help reduce weight when used alone [2,25]. BMI did not decrease after 25 weeks of substituting diet beverages for sugar-sweetened beverages in 103 adolescents in a randomized controlled trial, except among the heaviest participants [26]. A double blind study subjected 55 overweight youth to 13 weeks of a 1,000 Kcal diet accompanied by daily capsules of aspartame or lactose placebo. Both groups lost weight, and the difference was not significant. Weight loss was attributed to caloric restriction [27]. Similar results were reported for a 12-week, 1,500 Kcal program using either regular or diet soda [28]. Interestingly, when sugar was covertly switched to aspartame in a metabolic ward, a 25 percent immediate reduction in energy intake was achieved [29]. Conversely, knowingly ingesting aspartame was associated with increased overall energy intake, suggesting overcompensation for the expected caloric reduction [30]. Vigilant monitoring, caloric restriction, and exercise were likely involved in the weight loss seen in multidisciplinary programs that included artificial sweeteners [31,32].

Just ignore all "I loving love science" goddamed websites, they exist to try and popularize pretty dry information to make it fit a certain viewpoint and feed it to you in the most irresponsible and ignorant ways. Just look for the journal it's sourcing and read it yourself instead.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

notZaar posted:

http://imgur.com/altm1yl

You can kind of see where my abs are but they're comfortably packed in nice layer of flab.

Did you shave a goddamed star in to your gut, son?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Please make sure to change thread name in a few months to "Sweet November Gains"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

notZaar posted:

It's not called Sweet August Gains right now so this wouldn't make sense.

It's a play on an old GnR song

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
At home with nephews watching Teen Titans Go. There is an episode about how important leg day is

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Played tennis for 2 hours today after a back/core day at the gym. I am a type of physically destroyed that is often reserved for POWs and people who have been renamed "Toby"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

notZaar posted:

Since I started drinking choco milk for recovery I've started getting cramps and heinous farts, which is weird because normal milk doesn't do that to me. Does this mean I'm not absorbing the nutrients from the choco? I don't mind the farts themselves, they are like funny jokes from my butt.

Any Change in the brand/fat% of milk?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

notZaar posted:

Well it's 1% choco and I usually have 2% milk.

Try it witht he same milk you used to drink, I guess

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Lunixnerd posted:

Rise from your grave swolethread.

I have wicked lower back pain in the morning, what exercises can I do to alleviate it.

Probably yoga. poo poo's hippy dippy as gently caress but it really is the best exercise for getting rid of pain/stiffness

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Lunixnerd posted:

crossfit is awesome if you feel that your lifestyle does not put you at enough risk for various debilitating injuries

My girlfriend makes a good bit of cash off of Crossfit people hurting themselves and then needing a deep tissue massage, so I'm cool with it

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
You guys are mean to make fun of that man and his obvious lack of a skull

• Locked thread