Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

notZaar posted:

I have recovered from my accident and now my squat is back to its pathetic 1x body weight glory.

I didn't even have a bad accident and that's where my squat is. It's also where my bench is, go gently caress yourself leg day

Seriously though I'm trying to stop skipping leg day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Just make something up, that's all anyone making a weight lifting program ever does anyway, and remember the Lord's numbers are 3x8

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I read some studies that found stretching either didn't really do anything to prevent injury or, in cases where people went from stretching to not stretching (and the other way around), led to increased injury rates, so my stretching regime is to not do it. More time for lifting. Trying to s your own d should be more than enough for flexibility improvements

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Jabronie posted:

cool, going to bend space and time

Personal gravity well gains

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Did you weigh yourself before and after, or did you just dump right on the scale (probably more accurate)?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

bamhand posted:

Not sure what's harder, the main 5/3/1 workout or the supplemental work. Squat 5x325lb and then deadlifted 245x50. Guess I didn't need a back anyways.

Is that a 50 pound deadlift 245 times?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Most of the way through my Saturday pizza thanks for asking

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

FogHelmut posted:

bench is back to 225

get on the gains train

i would say i'm back to where i was but im also heavier now so it doesnt count

I haven't made it back there yet. I'm still not sure if my current plateau is down to diet (I'm much lighter now than I was then), or because I neglected my shoulders for a while because of an injury. I'm hoping it's the injury because I don't feel like bulking up, and, besides, other accessory lifts are heavier now than they were then so it's probably not that

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Also you gotta get those gains after your thanksgiving carb up

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

I use JEFIT

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
May as well start lifting while you're fat as hell, there's no reason you can't work on your diet at the same time, plus your lifts will go up like twice as fast as you get stronger and have less fat to heft around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

sassassin posted:

Wish I'd thought of that.

It's never too late to get fat as hell

• Locked thread