Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Started lifting regularly again after taking a month or two where I was doing it really sporadically, this time I'm being really good about drinking at least one protein shake every day which I wasn't doing before

Maybe I will actually get the gains this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I don't know what that means, i'm just saying last time I didn't get any extra protein at all so I'm hoping the extra 30g or whatever a day helps

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I'd be willing to bet you get enough protein in your daily diet

That's kinda what I thought given that I am doing laughable baby amounts of weight but I stopped gaining regularly at what I thought was a pretty low weight so maybe not

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I had no idea this thread was so anti protein shake

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Can I just start taking illegal steroids or what

Then I will get muscles instantly

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm eating more also I just meant compared to last time I was lifting and I'm getting 30g more protein a day than I was so maybe that will help

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Eating all the extra protein is going well so far, I'm actually able to lift more poo poo IMAGINE THAT

Was able to 5x5 85 pounds OHP for the first time last night and I'm pretty close to doing 5x5 of 135 on bench for the first time so that will be cool

Maybe one day I will be less of a pathetic weakling

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ZombieParts posted:

Isn't the cave fish workout pretty thorough? It's not very goon of you guys to be doing that. Please go back to starter strength and washing down whole chickens with protein shakes

I assume this post is sarcastic but I don't get what about the second half would be a bad idea

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I benched 5x5 of 130 for the first time last night, soon I'll be able to use the big boy plates. Feels good.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Definitely lb, I am a weak piece of poo poo

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tiny Lowtax posted:

The two females on my fire department bench more than you lmao

Keep at it tho don't be discouraged

Dude I'm sure like most of the world benches more than me

Starving kids in africa probably bench more than me

I'd basically never lifted and ate enough protein regularly before in my life though so I mean I'm essentially starting from being a small computer blob

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Haha nice. I mean I'm married and not diabetic but I probably have a similar physique.

I don't really have any particular external reason like girls or whatever to want to get in shape, I've just never been in shape so it seemed like a cool idea and I have the time and all.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tiny Lowtax posted:

The two females on my fire department bench more than you lmao

Keep at it tho don't be discouraged

Also I didn't respond to the 2nd part of this but I dunno why I'd be discouraged, I was being completely serious that it feels good to see progress and almost be able to lift 135. Like I know compared to anyone who actually lifts and a lot of people who don't it's not a lot, but it's noticeably more than I could do when I started. I don't exactly know what my starting 5x5 weight was since I did stronglifts so I started with the bar and eased up but I think the first time it felt hard was at like 105 or something and I imagine I can do that pretty easily now so that feels good. I'm not discouraged at all.

Poetic Justice posted:

doing it when there there are 2 hot women laying naked in bed waiting for you.

Yea I mean I'm sure I'll have this problem come up all the time so I better get the willpower ready!!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Also a hot young twink guy corrected my form the other day when I was doing the stronglifts barbell rows and I guess I had my back bent a little bit. He was really nice but I didn't offer to suck his dick in the locker room afterwards so maybe that was poor form on my part?

I heard him talking later to some dudes about doing actual bodybuilding shows. He was a really small but swole dude like Tiny Lowtax

I hope I can look like that dude in like 5 years

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 2, 2015

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ZombieParts posted:

were you following him around eavesdropping just to make sure you didn't break any advice = dick sucking etiquette?

Haha nah I just go really late at night so you can pretty much hear any conversation going on around the weights

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I mean Tiny Lowtax at least posted pics of himself and is legit

JebanyPedal was probably just a mental patient though

I just post my pathetic lifts in here so there's at least some perspective that not everyone in this thread is already a giant monster that throws around trucks when they can't go to the gym

(Plus people are actually helpful)

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Woah what is this poo poo? I'm not really small.

Aren't you like 165 and a size 30 waist or something?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tiny Lowtax posted:

That's "really small"? Jebany was 5'4" THAT'S really small. I'm 5'10"

Also, the fact you knew my weight and waist size is creepy as fuuuuuck

You posted it in this very thread, the one that I read

It was notable because I was like wow that is very small

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Right I mean I guess that's also why it was memorable, I thought I was normal when I was a 32 so reading that anyone was a 30 was like drat

Now I am like a 34 but hopefully that's temporary, my weight is staying the same while my lifts are going up so if that continues then that's fine I guess

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Yeah when I gave it out like 6 months ago, it's pretty drat creepy to remember it

Maybe your memory is just destroyed from all the roids but some people don't really have a problem remembering things

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
look do you want to suck each other's dicks or not I only have a few minutes

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Just think of how disappointed the swole thread will be in you if you don't lift

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure looking up is awful haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I mean most team sports are just gonna improve your cardio so if you can handle being a bitchmade beta that does cardio I don't think it can hurt except that the instant your heart rate goes above 150 all your muscles turn into jello and a pair of nerd glasses just appears on your face magically

• Locked thread