Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
YLLS is so uptight some dude mentioned :420: for appetite stimulation and everyone freaked out about ILLEGAL DRUGS, so yeah

Chinatown posted:

ylls is loving awful and should be avoided by normal, well adjusted people who enjoy going to the gym and working out or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Don't let these strong fats in this thread hate. Ain't nothing wrong with some cardio.

Hey I'm not fat, just lazy

Hatebag posted:

Sometimes I see guys at the gym doing deadlifts where they bounce the weight off the ground/don't bring it to a dead stop/don't lower it all the way to the floor. Why are they doing this? Secret deadlift knowledge? Lack of secret deadlift knowledge?

That's how strongmen deadlift because the rules of strongman allow it but I'm guessing they were just doing that because it's easier.

MaxxBot fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 30, 2015

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Neurolimal posted:

reading is cool but ya the people who tell anyone wanting to start getting fit the cool way YO READ THIS ENTIRE BOOK BEFORE YOU EVEN LOOK AT A BARBELL are not exactly making many lunk converts

its like hey man, they're looking for advice because they want to get started now, just tell them the most vital stuff and give them a starter routine

That and even as someone who enjoys lifting heavy stuff, almost everyone wants to look good at the very least as a secondary effect of their lifting and starting strength is poo poo for that goal.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

turbomoose posted:

Even worse than using a pad is not squatting at all. Though to be fair fat people have a pad built in.

Once your traps are big enough you barely even feel the bar, it also helps to play with position for a while too.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Even if this were true, you're obviously supposed to be tracking what you eat on a diet. Drinking a diet coke isn't going to make me eat sugar later because not eating sugar is the reason I'm drinking it in the first place.

• Locked thread