Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Does calorie cycling/body recomp work? If you're trying to gain size with minimal fat gain, does eating +20% TDEE on weight lifting days and -20% on rest/cardio days achieve that, or is it just *~**broscience**~*?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Defiant Sally posted:

I did this for a long time and looked loving BEYOND SWEET so yes. It can be done.

Awesome, I'm going to follow the Way of the Sally. :getin:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Shoulders suck. I've got an 80kg for reps bench press and I can barely manage 5 reps of 40kg on OHP

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Thanks for all the shoulder tips everyone, now working them more frequently with some additional hypertrophy work.

Also, wasn't really paying attention to what I was eating yesterday, and upon calculating, probably only had 1,200 calories or so. As a result my lifts suck today.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

soy posted:

Lift a lighter weight, take videos, keep your back straight fall back and push from heels or at least not your toes, then suck my dick.

who did you upset?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

My Q-Face posted:

Definitely DOMSing today. Fuuuuuuuck!

I only seem to get DOMs on low rep strength days, on hypertrophy days I'm getting no DOMs but lots of pump :getin:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Hurt my back doing squats last week - nothing major, just a bit of a twinge when I move suddenly, or bend over. The pain is around mid-back level on the left hand side. Should I stop lifting for a while, or will it be ok to focus on upper body work (chest arms and shoulders, maybe giving back a miss)?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I'm going away for two weeks to visit my wife's family for Christmas, and it's pretty unlikely I'll be able to get to a gym while I'm there. G...goodbye gainz :negative:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Friends, powerful Manflurry has upped his squat to 375 lbs for 6 reps. This was important to say.

Nice. I'm still atrophying. I went for a walk that ended up being 13km today, so at least I'm not sitting around doing nothing.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I miss the gym :( I'm resorting to push ups :(

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Zzulu posted:

justate a bag of chips and 5 scoops of whey for breakfast slash lunch,

now im gonna go to the gym and get my pumps on

then it is new years eve

a good day

I get back to the gym in two days, cannot wait :getin:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
First lifting day after 12 days without it over Christmas. I've put on a kg and it definitely isn't muscle. Wondering whether to stick to the +20/-20 calories I've been on for lifting and resting days or do a small cut or +0/-20 for a few weeks. Any advice? Wish me luck swoledudes!

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Well apart from that, obvs. :rolleyes:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Day one of a two week doctor imposed break from weights. This sucks. Should I eat below maintenance to turn it into a two week cut, or is that a bad idea if I'm not lifting.

Not sure how I'll manage not lifting for two weeks :negative:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
One week three days until I can go back to lifting :negative:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

BoonyPC posted:

3 Weeks off, been good to get back into it...DOMs loving sux though, havent had this poo poo for months

I'm now six days through a two week, doctor-ordered break from exercise (especially weights). Can't wait to go back and get DOMS :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

FogHelmut posted:

Been bitching at my wife because she's been paying for a trainer. She just did an rear end to grass squat with perfect form and no weight to push her in to the correct posture. Whatever bitch, tell me when you do 3 plates. Look at my superior hip flexibility!

*tries to do 3rd world squat*
*falls on rear end*
*is the bitch*

Sorry 4 ur loss :(

Day 1 back in gym. Benchpress gone down about 10kg in the two weeks I've been off :negative:

• Locked thread