Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cobra Commander posted:

12 stitches, out of the gym for about a week. Bye bye gains.

Stitches in your forehead keep you from lifting? Serious question. Don't sound the Lunk Alarm for me judging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cobra Commander posted:

That's what I was thinking, doc said not to get it wet, sweat into it, exert myself too much. I'm inclined to believe them over my self, considering the situation.

Personally.... unless I was weeping lymph fluid or blood from the bandage, I'd prolly lift like 50-60% just to maintain. Nothing that will make you stress and grunt.

You're welcome for the free medical advice! :-D

But I get it... for some reason when I am pushing REALLY damned hard, my left earbud gets forced out of my ear canal. I must be really swole on that side of my inner ear. Get well soon.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

notZaar posted:

Costco has 5 lb tubs of Combat whey for $37 this week :getin:

I saw that in the store... all Cookies n' Cream. Is it any good?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

lodewijk posted:

I was squatting 200 lbs (5*5) today, guy in the rack next to me was squatting 330. There's room for improvement, apparently.

If you were at Planet Fitness you could sound the Lunk Alarm and have him kicked out for intimidation.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Literally the fattest guy I've ever seen in the gym showed up today. It is hard for me to guestimate his weight because I've never studied a human that big, but my best guess is 400 pounds. He was trying to use the machines and he would pour himself into them, where he would stay for about 5 minutes doing 5 sets of 7 reps of low weight. He couldn't get in the curling machine at all... he sort of stood behind it, rested his gut on the seat, and was reaching his arms across the pad to the bar. I would have taken pics... but I am not that mean, yet. I'm working on it.

But I really think one of the trainers should have taken him aside and told him that strength training was not where he needed to start.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Paper Diamonds posted:

At least he's doing something, plus many weight machines are low/no impact on joints. He could have easily been at home avoiding your judgments. Instead he went to the gym. Good for him and gently caress you. Belittling others who are trying to better themselves only makes you look like a jerk.

Better sound the lunk alarm, I'm making judgement up in here.

The dude needs to change his diet, first thing, and lose about 50 easy pounds. All he's going to do in the gym right now is give himself a heart attack, wheezing like he was.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, I take it back, he is a svelte 400 and strength training is exactly what he should be doing. I have been corrected and if he is still there in a month I will apologize for thinking thoughts about him.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
And in a few weeks of discipline and hard work he might actually be able to fit into the machines he is trying to use improperly.

I aint saying he shouldn't be working. I was suggesting he should be starting somewhere else. Sry if I triggered peeps in GBS, but not really. If you can't handle a little "judgement" then you are going to have the willpower to make any differences in your life, anyway, and you might as well not hurt yourself in the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dum Cumpster posted:

Your insecurity is showing.

If you say so, chief.

• Locked thread