Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

notZaar posted:

I'm getting fat again and I want to cut back to a 30" waist, should I stick with 5x5 or do higher reps?

5x5 fork putdowns. Upping your reps ain't gonna do poo poo.

Your food determines how much you weigh, your exercise determines how you look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

Grimey Drawer

notZaar posted:

I know I'm using MFP to keep it under 1750 a day but I'm just wondering if I need a different regiment at the gym.

Nah, keep on keepin' on.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Saw a swole dude pulling a 315 dl last night and doing some air squats before and after. Just bounce bounce bounce lift lift lift bounce bounce bounce.

He went on to do the same thing to 405, 495, 545, and finally three reps of 585.

Guess I'm adding some air squats to my deadlifts.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

man/woman buddies who do the same poo poo and just rotate and take up a bunch of freeweights. im in a smaller office complex gym so its not a big floorplan n poo poo

Lifting with a quality chick is ballin', you wrong.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqgn0PD0aMQ

Just in case anyone was wondering.

UnfurledSails posted:

I'm not a social butterfly, but it's amazing how having some sort of friendly rivalry/camaraderie or mentor can give you that push when you wake up tired or hurt and go "What's the point?"

Whatever you do, don't lift with a chick. I think we've safely concluded they're allergic to gains.

Kidding. MMA/BJJ seems like a blast, go for it. There's also trail running/road running groups here and there - I've gone along for a few of these and they're always fun.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Don't even bother replacing them with inferior metal and plastic, just keep lopping off body parts that bother you. It's free weight loss.

Brain in a jar goal body crew

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Ran a 'Turkey Trot' this morning, 6K. Now I'm sitting on the couch waiting for football to come on while the girlfriend cooks a turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sharzak posted:

Ayyyyyy calf raises really hurt my plantar fascia sometimes. I can't tell if it's just cause my tendons get really tight in the cold (I am 23 earth standard years old and can barely walk in low temperatures) or if I'm doing something wrong, anyone know anything?

Too heavy of calf raises.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
DLed a set of 2xBW x 5 yesterday, aww yeah.

Went out, had a bunch of drinks, woke up hungover, still dragged my rear end here to brag about it. Pardon me, gotta go puke.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

FogHelmut posted:

gently caress everyone who supersets across multiple pieces of equipment

If there's one place where New Year's Resolutioners run into negative feedback it's when they pick a rotation-station program and try and tie up 2-4 pieces of equipment.

Men's Health et al are the worst offenders for promotion b.s. like this.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Renegret posted:

There's a dude who comes into my gym wearing one of those high altitude simulation masks.

Lately he's been coming into the gym dressed like Bane.

Anybody willing to do the former won't be able to resist the latter.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Garrand posted:

Pfft, I benched 115 for 20 reps and that's over 2000 lbs moved compared to your piddly 1830.

This always strikes me as an interesting stat to track, yet I never do it.

Like - today I'm benching 2100 lbs, any way I want to get it. It'd be interesting to time it, too. 2100 lbs in 10 minutes, for instance.

"Bitch you don't even know - I bench two ten a minute!"

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Even Sir loves the high test threads.

What's everyone's 2016 goals?

I'd love a 2pl OHP. I've got a 190ish 1rm right now. That's a, what - 15% gain? Let's call it a stretch goal.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Cobra Commander posted:

I was going to start a TFLC log today and I was deadlifting at the gym and tripped on the hex bar and split my forehead open. What up

Make sure you clean that up well. Gyms are filthy, yo.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Cobra Commander posted:

12 stitches, out of the gym for about a week. Bye bye gains.

Holy poo poo, you really must have bit it ha ha ha. Sorry, that's a helluva cut, let's see some pictures!

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

Also I am moving office buildings to a one without a nice gym so I need to join a gym/HEALTH CLUB or whatever. please post you do's and don't when joining a place thank you in advance

do: gotta have free weights
do: must look well maintained.
do: tour place immediately after work to find out how 'busy' they are. Chain gyms are notorious for overselling memberships.

don't: let a hot chick demo a place for you, it's a selling tactic.
don't: forget to tip the receptionist.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you lift at home you can wear a weighted vest because you're a weirdo muscle nerd

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Mortimer posted:

I got an inzer belt for christmas and it holy moly this thing is stiff

I've never had a belt before, are they normally like this

what am I supposed to be feeling other than a supreme thought of "why did I want this" and "I'm going to look like a bitch when someone squats 400 without a belt next to me"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeIPr1-GPFI

Here is an Argument From Authority for you

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Berious posted:

Upping your base metabolic rate so you can eat more oreos.

Still vanity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

roymorrison posted:

which beer has the most carbs?

Get Drunk Not Fat

e: search beer

• Locked thread