Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Onmi posted:

You know, I've never played Going Commando. My experience with 1 was we got it on PS2, and my brother played most of it while I watched. Then we skipped over 2 completely and got Up Your Arsenal. And I just loved it, I loved the Phoenix, I loved the Battlefields, everything feels so bloody alive in this game.

I have good news!

Also the guys that did developer commentary for Up Your Arsenal also did it for Going Commando.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

kalonZombie posted:

You can buy it on its own on the PSN store, but it's $15 for the one game and $30 for the collection, so you'd be better off buying the collection. You can, however, download each game separately when you buy the collection.

That's probably the smart decision, but I don't know if I see myself playing 1 or 2 much. I do want that discount though. That's such a great Easter Egg. I love any time game developers say "Hey, thanks for buying my stuff."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SonicRulez posted:

That's probably the smart decision, but I don't know if I see myself playing 1 or 2 much. I do want that discount though. That's such a great Easter Egg. I love any time game developers say "Hey, thanks for buying my stuff."
Going Commando is the third-best game in the series, behind Crack in Time and Up Your Arsenal.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I also played 2 after 3, for whatever reason and that's why I don't think of 2 as that great, since it feels very similar to 3, but just not as good. I do like 2 a lot, but 3 just improves on it in nearly every way.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

SonicRulez posted:

It's not just having a save file on it. You have to beat the second hoverboard race really late into the game in order to claim the discount. At that point you may as well just beat the game.

Coincidentally, the guy says it takes two years for the discount to kick in. It's been about 2 years since the LP for the first game happened. Weird how things like that turn out.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

kalonZombie posted:

It's not just having a save file on it. You have to beat the second hoverboard race really late into the game in order to claim the discount. At that point you may as well just beat the game.

Coincidentally, the guy says it takes two years for the discount to kick in. It's been about 2 years since the LP for the first game happened. Weird how things like that turn out.

"Ah you have to be with the company for 2 years before the employee discount kicks in" Mark talks about it in the Developer commentary, that it was 2 years after having made R&C and he just thought "Why not throw it in there for the people who have it?"

Bacchante
May 2, 2012

Friends don't let friends do sarcasm.
Woo, more Spacecat. I wondered how long it'd take for you to get over your burnout on the lil' guy.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Crosspeice posted:

Pulsing Purple
Scoop Nose
High Lift Wings

Yeah, this is how I usually pimp it. Sometimes I go split nose.
:yeah:

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Obani Orange
Scoop Nose
Hi-Lift Wings

Lost in a sea of votes for purple. :sigh:

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I look forward to the continuing adventures of space cat and robot shaped robot buddy.

Pulsing Purple
Split Nose
Heavy Ordnance

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Don't care about colour
Scoop Nose
Heavy Ordnance

I'm voting about the important things.

Hamilcar
Oct 18, 2012

White Coke posted:

I look forward to the continuing adventures of space cat and robot shaped robot buddy.

Pulsing Purple
Split Nose
Heavy Ordnance

This man speaks the truth.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

Don't care about colour

This goes to LPer's choice then.

Democracy!

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
drat it, you had me with the Batman thing, Kalon. Well played.

Black Hole
Scoop Nose
Heavy Ordinance

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

kalonZombie posted:

This goes to LPer's choice then.

Democracy!

There will be colour votes later when there are colours worth caring about. :colbert: Right now all that matters is scoop + heavy ordnance.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Sun Storm
Scoop Nose
Heavy Ordinance Wing

And with that out of the way, UYA is my favorite Ratchet and Clank (I don't have a PS3 so I'm biased towards the ones I've actually played :v:) But mostly I'm posting because I just found out that Lawrence is voiced by Michael Bell, aka Raziel from Soul Reaver. I had no idea.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
This LP reminded me that RaC:UYA was a big thing for me a long time ago, so I bought the HD collection so I could play it again, since my original version doesn't work anymore.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

YggiDee posted:

Michael Bell, aka Raziel from Soul Reaver

Also Duke from the 1980's GI Joe, and Cyclops from the hilariously ridiculous "Pride of the X-Men" one-shot attempt at an animated X-men show for the 80's. Dude has some surprising talent.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Okay so the other two categories are basically a complete no-brainer, but surprisingly the wings are really close. Heavy Ordinance is only two votes shy of being tied with High Lift and only three shy of pulling ahead. If you want Heavy Ordinance wings you only have about two days to make it pull ahead!

Update tomorrow, like usual.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Heavy Ordinance just to make it an even closer race :v:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Sure, let's shift my vote away from Standard Wings towards Heavy Ordinance, so now it's tied.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I haven't voted yet, and I like Hi-Lift Wings.

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

I've always prefered Heavy Ordnance Wings myself.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

If it ends in a tie, I'm asking Heave or Ape to end the tie breaker.

I only say this because it's currently a tie.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

kalonZombie posted:

If it ends in a tie, I'm asking Heave or Ape to end the tie breaker.

I only say this because it's currently a tie.

Much like the Vice President their only jobs are snarky commentary, casting tie-breaking votes, and protecting the space-time continuum.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ask them both, watch it get tied again.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy

SirSamVimes posted:

Ask them both, watch it get tied again.

Funnily enough...

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

The Heavenator posted:

Funnily enough...

Though Ape was being a Difficult Danny at first so I'm considering his vote null and void.

Even if I didn't I woulda just asked Skippy.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

kalonZombie posted:

Though Ape was being a Difficult Danny at first so I'm considering his vote null and void.

Even if I didn't I woulda just asked Skippy.

Skippy and I were in cahoots. Everything would have gone perfectly if not for Heave's betrayal.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Skippy and I were in cahoots. Everything would have gone perfectly if not for Heave's betrayal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujo7V9m0gk

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I have no idea what the context for this is, but its cool

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today's update introduces the second of three arena types. Maybe four. I lost count.

Tomorrow at noon eastern I will be closing the vote! Wings are currently tied with Heave deciding the tie breaker if it stays that way, so get those votes in!

Vnat
Jan 24, 2013
Not sure if you know this, but the guys in walkers fire lasers you can use the Refractor to kill them with.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Emissary666 posted:

I've always prefered Heavy Ordnance Wings myself.

:yeah:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Playing alongside the LP is great, because I get all the Titanium bolts for free and I also give myself a pat on the back whenever I do something better than Kalon. Everybody wins! I'm all in for some multiplayer goon action.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I just beat this game for the first time last week, and I am definitely up for some multiplayer!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I had no idea you could use the suck cannon on crates.

fillertrack
Aug 5, 2015
Aw yeah some sweet space cat action. This game was the first one I every played and I'm glad it still holds up. Never saw anything about the multiplayer so that'll be interesting. Lotta Deadlocked talk which isn't too surprising that game was always divisive.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I would love to join in the multiplayer, but I only have the PS2 version.

You scrubs are lucky. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

I also still have a very blurry cellphone picture of a glitched out flag. It's attached to a sheep. The flag, not the picture.

I definitely wanna get in on the multiplayer again, but I also go to bed early nowadays, thanks to having a full time job.

• Locked thread