Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i dont go to a dentist that hasnt killed at least 5 apex predators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

now the huinted has become teh prey

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
cecil got what he deserved he was a cruel beast

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i dont go to a dentist that hasnt killed at least 5 apex predators

wasn't it like 43 he's killed lol

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lmao can you imagine being the lady getting harassed at your home because you were like the receptionist or something for the man who saved an African village

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
hey op i hear they're recruiting for Tryhard Squad

it's like that Suicide Squad movie but more lovely

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Nooner posted:

Lmao can you imagine being the lady getting harassed at your home because you were like the receptionist or something for the man who saved an African village

lol if you think that happened and they aren't just saying that to garner sympathy

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
that places a bluff

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
what if the lion is not dead, but the dentist is the one that was killed?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Melmac posted:

lol if you think that happened and they aren't just saying that to garner sympathy

Clemocracy
Jul 21, 2015

by Ralp

Melmac posted:

lol that you think that those zimbabwe villagers are mad about a lion and its not just twitter people

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
why would it be a lie? People are literally going to his house to trash and vandalize it, what makes you think they arent so crazy as to harass employees as well

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
that does not fit my narrative

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
youre dumb as loving hell if you dont think journalists tried calling employees of his practice for comments

it's not like "being a journalist" has any qualifications these days

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
im a twitter journalist

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
he probably used the pelt and is wearing it and living among the lions in order to hide from humanity. he will make friends with the lions. he will marry a lioness. they will teach him their ways. he will adopt a cub whose father and mother were killed by poachers. the irony will not escape him. he will learn.

he will shortly thereafter be murdered, Platoon-style, by a podiatrist name steven blatz while some malnourished african guides look on impassively.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

youre dumb as loving hell if you dont think journalists tried calling employees of his practice for comments

it's not like "being a journalist" has any qualifications these days

idk that'd mean they did some investigating...

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I hope he can get his life back together, is there a kickstarter for him like people always make for the cops after they have to defend themselves fromn a criminal with force?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Nooner posted:

I hope he can get his life back together, is there a kickstarter for him like people always make for the cops after they have to defend themselves fromn a criminal with force?

he killed a lion not a black guy

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Triple A posted:

are people still livid over that stupid lion?
No one was actually that upset about it. A bunch of boring middle class people saw something lovely and because they have no where else to dump their emotions in their quiet content lives they let this guy have all that pent up rage.

That said he's a lovely person who did a lovely thing and I don't feel sorry for him that the world then poo poo on him. I don't actually care either, life worked this one out without me having to lift a finger.

Edit: Don't care as in if nothing had happened to him I won't care about that either. I'm happy he got what he got but I wouldn't be on here going someone should do something about him at the same time.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

LethalGeek posted:

No one was actually that upset about it. A bunch of boring middle class people saw something lovely and because they have no where else to dump their emotions in their quiet content lives they let this guy have all that pent up rage.

That said he's a lovely person who did a lovely thing and I don't feel sorry for him that the world then poo poo on him. I don't actually care either, life worked this one out without me having to lift a finger.

Edit: Don't care as in if nothing had happened to him I won't care about that either. I'm happy he got what he got but I wouldn't be on here going someone should do something about him at the same time.

wow enthralling what a wonderful and interesting post, please come back soon and tell us more how uninterested you are

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Melmac posted:

Lmao I take it all back. This Minnesotian dentist is hosed
There's something incredibly ironic about having a skyscraper advertise for animal conservation stuff.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

LethalGeek posted:

I'm actually unsure of your care quotient. Please clarify by bumping this thread with more details.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

ArbitraryC posted:

There's something incredibly ironic about having a skyscraper advertise for animal conservation stuff.

skyscrapers help concentrate people in small areas and thus help preserve animal habitats from destruction by deferring people from living in wasteful suburban blight

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Nooner posted:

wow enthralling what a wonderful and interesting post, please come back soon and tell us more how uninterested you are

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

skyscrapers help concentrate people in small areas and thus help preserve animal habitats from destruction by deferring people from living in wasteful suburban blight

I suppose if you're comparing big cities to suburbia sure, but if you look at the towns near where real life lions actually live it's neither of those two, hence the irony.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Melmac posted:

Ohhh yeah your average liberal animal rights weirdo definitely isn't loving insane enough to do weirdo rear end stalker poo poo lol ok

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Nooner is hitting every nail on the head Annie Oakley style itt and human being libtards are getting super mad and upon being fuckin owned by actual real life black Africans saying "Um actually lol we are kinda glad a vicious threat to human life is gone from our village" just double down on their liberal ultra white faggotry

Lmao oh my God will there ever be an easier target for swirlies than a white suburban liberal

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

Ohhh yeah your average liberal animal rights weirdo definitely isn't loving insane enough to do weirdo rear end stalker poo poo lol ok

To a receptionist that happens to work there? What? People haven't even been annoying his adult children (I don't even know if they are boys or girls or both), let alone simple employees of his.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Melmac posted:

To a receptionist that happens to work there? What? People haven't even been annoying his adult children (I don't even know if they are boys or girls or both), let alone simple employees of his.

Its cool you're randomly defending a bunch of loving weirdo stalkers but OK man, I'm glad you aren't certain of the gender of his children though

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Melmac posted:

Lol you are mentally ill please seek help

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Melmac posted:

I can't say I trust the people who stalked this man and literally vandalized his property to not be bad people.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

ArbitraryC posted:

I can't say I trust the people who stalked this man and literally vandalized his property to not be bad people.

Seriously. The happiness and well-being of any human is more important than every lion put together, anyone harassing the guy is dangerous and should be indicted for it.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
lmao there's a "Lion Killing Dentist" costume that they are selling now

jenny jones fan fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 27, 2015

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Somehow there's actually new news for this.

So it turns out he's still up to wacky poo poo having learning nothing since the Cecil fiasco. Now he is taking deer and putting them loose around his mansion so he can shoot at them from cars

http://www.startribune.com/dnr-investigating-alleged-herding-of-deer-on-walter-palmer-s-minnesota-land/346713882/

So now Anonymous just took action: https://twitter.com/OpSafariKill/status/664833816700162048

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

quote:

“The source cited by the media has a history of personal animosity toward Dr. Palmer,” the statement continued. “This is just another example of people trying to attack an innocent man.”

quote:

Along with this latest case and the killing of Cecil, Palmer has gotten attention from conservation enforcement officials at least twice before. In 2008, he pleaded guilty to misleading federal authorities about a bear he killed illegally in Wisconsin. He was put on probation and fined.

In the spring of 2003, Palmer was convicted in Otter Tail County and paid a small fine for fishing without a license, a misdemeanor.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I know I shouldn't encourage them because the other 1/2 of the time they bother people who don't deserve it but man I hope something comes of this. Like that girl who was throwing puppies in a river.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

LethalGeek posted:

I know I shouldn't encourage them because the other 1/2 of the time they bother people who don't deserve it but man I hope something comes of this. Like that girl who was throwing puppies in a river.

I don't really want to read the details of the puppy drowning so could you tell me just what happened to her please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Melmac posted:

I don't really want to read the details of the puppy drowning so could you tell me just what happened to her please
Some ~15yo twat of a girl in Bosnia had some video of her tossing puppies into a river. 4chan figured out who she likely was and where she was, though I think so many people were mad EVERYONE was looking for her and the cops in the area tracked her down. Even 4chan was like holy poo poo lady what is wrong with you.

• Locked thread