Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Jill stein is a human being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Top City Homo posted:

Jill stein is a human being

She's a dummy.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Hey guy you're really nice about Jilly Steinberg and your attitude w/r/t the greens but she came out the gate slingin' mud against my man bernie using the tried and true tactic of being a jaded old liberal crying about establishment politics and if she's changed her tune its only because a big chunk of her base got pretty mad at her for it.

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

I've never voted Green in a presidential election, but I have in local elections. So I am sympathetic, BUT...

GMOs and healing crystals aside, I simply don't believe that the current system will allow for a third party to become viable until the Republicans have been a permanent minority for so long that the backers give up and start over. That or the Democrats take over the whole shebang and end up splitting in two. Over the past few decades the big two have been getting more powerful, to the point where they're as much an entrenched part of our elections as the electoral college.

For example, until the late 80's televised debates were run by the League of Women Voters - an independent organization. However, the Commission on Presidential Debates took over - an organization created explicitly by Democrats and Republicans as a way to make their candidates look good. So now we get to hear about candidates being forbidden to participate in "unsanctioned" debates, whereas in the past it wasn't up to party insiders to determine what constituted an appropriate venue. We've been complaining about Debbie Wasserman-Schultz because of her autocratic decrees, but she's part of a larger trend to let the parties have tighter control on the whole affair. In between this and the consolidation of "journalism" into an entertainment industry run by a handful of corporations, there is no room for third party candidates in the US. This is why Bernie isn't running as an independent - that's not how this works, and wishing won't make it so.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
if this farce continues for any longer i will start to switch to the wobblies

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Top City Homo posted:

if this farce continues for any longer i will start to switch to the wobblies

With Bernie, friend, you're already there. Solidarity Forever, IMO.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u52Oz-54VYw

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ciHHJeCgWk

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Jill Stein spoke last month with Tabetha Wallace and Tyrel Ventura on their "Watching the Hawks" show on RT America. Stein talks about the legal action being taken by the Green Party and others against the Commission on Presidential Debates, challenging the Commission's de facto policy of excluding all candidates from their debates who are not either Democratic or Republican candidates. I think Stein does a really good job of challenging the 2-party system and challenging the legitimacy of the so-called "democratic" process through which candidates for high office in the U.S. are nominated and elected. Check out the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FG5BnBod2g

Kudos to the staff of RT America for their willingness to take Jill Stein seriously as an American political actor and for inviting her to speak on their various shows!

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Proposition Joe posted:

I voted for Jill Stein for President in 2012, but I will not be voting for her in 2016 because I will be helping elect Bernie Sander as President.

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Check out this exciting news about Jill Stein's presidential campaign, posted today by Richard Winger on his Ballot Access News website!

Richard Winger of Ballot Access News posted:

Jill Stein has met the legal requirement for primary season matching funds in nine states: California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Texas, and Washington. She needs eleven more states to be eligible.

And check out this exciting email I received 2 days ago from Jill Stein's campaign! It appears that Jill Stein may attend the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris and then go to Moscow to attend a dinner event with Vladimir Putin and meet with prominent Russian leaders!

Jill Stein posted:

Dear [Math Debater]

Now more than ever, it’s clear that we need a voice for people, planet and peace at the upcoming COP21 UN Climate Summit in Paris.
Though the large marches have sadly been canceled after the horrific attacks in Paris, the climate summit will otherwise proceed as planned. These tragic events, and daily reports of violence and ecological destruction from around the world, highlight the urgent need for humanity to change course while we still can.

At this critical time, I consider it a moral responsibility to make sure our collective voice is heard at COP21 for solutions as big as the crisis barreling down on us - solutions that will break the cycles of violence, social injustice, and ecological destruction.

But first, I need your help so I can get to COP21.

Will you donate today so I can bring our message of people, planet and peace to Paris?

I’m grateful to those who’ve stepped forward in the past week to help fund my trip to the summit, and I wanted to tell you a bit about what your donations are supporting.

In Paris, I will speak before a major sustainability forum, meet with Green leaders from around the world, and make connections with the global climate justice and peace movements.

And I’ll be accompanied by two campaign staffers who will help me send a steady stream of pictures, videos, and reports back from the climate summit. We’ll not only bring your voice, but we’ll be your eyes and ears on the ground where the fate of the planet is being decided.

I still need your support to make it happen - please donate what you can today!

I also wanted to share some exclusive news with you: after Paris, I’m planning to visit Moscow on a mission for international peace and diplomacy.

I’ve already been invited to a dinner with Russian President Vladimir Putin, and to meet with members of Russia’s parliament, including the heads of two international affairs committees.

I’m meeting with Russian leaders to gauge their reactions to a new foreign policy based on diplomacy, international law, and human rights. In particular, I want to discuss the potential for an agreement to eliminate nuclear weapons and use the vast resources thus saved to fight climate change.

There have been too many wasted opportunities for dialogue and cooperation with Russia (and many other countries) in recent years, due to the pointlessly confrontational bipartisan foreign policy known as the “Washington Consensus”. This Moscow trip is an exciting opportunity to test the potential of a new foreign policy based on Green principles with the sitting leaders of a global power.

I’m going from Paris directly to Moscow to cut costs, but the Moscow extension will still add to the cost of our European trip.

Will you pitch in today so I can get to Paris and Moscow - and build our global voice for people, planet, and peace?

If we are to succeed in preventing climate catastrophe and achieving world peace, we need to build a movement that is not just national, but international. The connections we make in Paris and Moscow will be critical for building this international movement when we need it most.

I sincerely appreciate anything you can do to help make this trip happen. Consider it an investment in climate justice, peace, and a world that is safe and livable for future generations.

It’s in our hands!

I've already donated a significant amount of money to Jill Stein's campaign, and I encourage others to donate to Jill Stein's campaign too! I am convinced that Jill Stein has the potential to be a leading force for revolutionary change in this country and throughout the world!

Math Debater has issued a correction as of 04:32 on Nov 22, 2015

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

how is she planning to offset the emissions from her tourist trip to paris and moscow

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
really happy that the Greens are considered a big enough player to qualify for Kremlin backing, joining such illustrious ranks as the Front National and Jobbik

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Check out this excellent hour-long video interview of Jill Stein by Eric Jackman and Mike Jackman, the hosts of Jackman Radio! Eric and/or Mike Jackman, if you happen to come across this here posting of mine in the Something Awful Election Erection subforum, please know that I really appreciate your taking the time to interview Jill Stein and then put the video of the interview on youtube! Anyway, here is the Jackman Radio interview of Jill Stein: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S9-HhuPs-E

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

Math Debater posted:

Check out this excellent hour-long video interview of Jill Stein by Eric Jackman and Mike Jackman, the hosts of Jackman Radio! Eric and/or Mike Jackman, if you happen to come across this here posting of mine in the Something Awful Election Erection subforum, please know that I really appreciate your taking the time to interview Jill Stein and then put the video of the interview on youtube! Anyway, here is the Jackman Radio interview of Jill Stein: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S9-HhuPs-E

Oh Jesus gently caress, I actually sort of knew who those guys were when I was in college in New Hampshire. They were big 9/11 truthers and one of them wrote an article about how they inexplicably didn't get called on at a Hillary Clinton primary event when they were wearing shirts that said "Investigate 9/11".

Matthewtheman
Oct 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Bernie Sanders does NOT support naturopathy, is not so much anti-nuclear as he is not pro-nuclear, and is nowhere near as anti-GMO as the Green Party, who want a loving moratorium on them until they're proven safe, despite the fact that they have, in fact, been proven safe so many times by now it's not even funny.

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Matthewtheman posted:

Bernie Sanders does NOT support naturopathy, is not so much anti-nuclear as he is not pro-nuclear, and is nowhere near as anti-GMO as the Green Party, who want a loving moratorium on them until they're proven safe, despite the fact that they have, in fact, been proven safe so many times by now it's not even funny.

Your criticisms of the Green Party are totally fair and worth considering, but I still find myself preferring Jill "let's close all overseas U.S. military bases and stop funding the Netanyahu regime" Stein over Bernie "we should keep some U.S. troops in Afghanistan and respect that Israel has serious national security concerns to deal with" Sanders.

That said, I do intend to vote for Bernie Sanders in the Democratic primary, if he hasn't dropped out by the time I would have the opportunity to cast such a vote. But the fact that Sanders has stated that he will throw his support behind whoever ends up winning the Democratic nomination raises doubts in my mind about Sanders's sincerity when he states that the United States is in need of a revolutionary transformation.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Math Debater posted:

Your criticisms of the Green Party are totally fair and worth considering, but I still find myself preferring Jill "let's close all overseas U.S. military bases and stop funding the Netanyahu regime" Stein over Bernie "we should keep some U.S. troops in Afghanistan and respect that Israel has serious national security concerns to deal with" Sanders.

That said, I do intend to vote for Bernie Sanders in the Democratic primary, if he hasn't dropped out by the time I would have the opportunity to cast such a vote. But the fact that Sanders has stated that he will throw his support behind whoever ends up winning the Democratic nomination raises doubts in my mind about Sanders's sincerity when he states that the United States is in need of a revolutionary transformation.

Why, do you think a revolution would only happen through accelerationism?

COOLGUY TRUE
Jan 7, 2005

Too True! Cool, too.

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Jewel Repetition posted:

Why, do you think a revolution would only happen through accelerationism?

I just have major doubts regarding the U.S. Democratic Party's potential to function as a vehicle for revolutionary transformation. It'll be great if Bernie Sanders can prove me wrong, but I also think it's a bummer that he apparently subscribes to the "lesser-evilism"/"politics of fear" mentality.

Looking at Barack Obama's presidency, especially when Democrats controlled both the Presidency and both houses of Congress from 2009-2011, it really seems to me that profound revolutionary social transformations can't reasonably be expected to come from within the corporate-controlled D vs R two-party system.

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Sorry to double-post, but I think this attached photo of Jill Stein with George Galloway and Ray McGovern, originally tweeted by George Galloway, is worth a thread bump for! The hat that I wore to the event where I met Jill Stein was totally inspired by George Galloway!

Apparently these three heroes met each other at an event hosted by global news network RT, celebrating 10 years of RT being on the air!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

george galloway is terrible

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

george galloway is terrible

A (presumably) fat 25-35 year old man wearing his hat in public is arguably worse.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

it's hilarious that george galloway, one of the greatest embarrassments in the recent history of parliament, talked circles around congress and made them look like idiot children

tsa
Feb 3, 2014
The green party is worse on climate change than the republicans.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Green party and Jill Stein are so insignificant that nobody even bothers trying to convince them to vote for Bernie.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Math Debater posted:

Apparently these three heroes met each other at an event hosted by global news network RT, celebrating 10 years of RT being on the air!

lol

The strange complacency with which people have begun to treat Russia Today (sorry, I mean "RT") as a real news organization is incredible. My theory is that cable news was already so corrupt and biased that literal propaganda (from the Kremlin no less) no longer looks substantially different.

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Duckbag posted:

lol

The strange complacency with which people have begun to treat Russia Today (sorry, I mean "RT") as a real news organization is incredible. My theory is that cable news was already so corrupt and biased that literal propaganda (from the Kremlin no less) no longer looks substantially different.

I welcome any and all propaganda that seeks to undermine the extent to which the U.S. empire, with its network of client states, dominates the world.

Jill Stein's foreign policy positions are a huge reason why Sanders supporters should become Stein supporters if and when Sanders does not receive the Democratic Party's 2016 U.S. Presidential nomination!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Matthewtheman posted:

Bernie Sanders does NOT support naturopathy,

You might want to tell him that:

quote:

Sen. Bernie Sanders praised holistic and alternative health care Monday as he introduced a Veterans Health Administration official to doctors and nurses in Burlington.

Sanders described the increasing integration of Chinese medicine and yoga, for example, as bright spots in a largely dysfunctional American health care system.

Vermont's independent senator praised health care providers who believe "a human being is more than a symptom," including the Veterans Health Administration.

"You go to facilities, whether it is in White River Junction or facilities around the country," Sanders said, "and now as an essential part of their overall health care delivery, you have yoga. You have meditation. You have a strong emphasis on disease prevention and nutrition. You have a whole lot of therapies which 30 or 40 years ago would have been considered very, very radical.

quote:

The second significant loss is in the Senate Committee on Veterans' affairs. The current chair is Bernie Sanders, the independent from Vermont. Sanders's advocacy of complementary and alternative medicine is such that in January 1996 he brought all of the state's stakeholders together for a three-day conference on the topic. He kickstarted what is the nation's most robust embrace of integrative care. Emblematic of the integrative milieu in Vermont, naturopathic physicians are part of the state's primary care matrix, covered under Medicaid and trusted as stewards of patient centered medical homes

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

this is the lolliest thread

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Concerned Citizen posted:

You might want to tell him that:

Except that yoga and good nutrition are proven to prolong life expectancy and reduce the rate of chronic illnesses and obesity.

Just because an idea or practice is older than modern medicine doesn't mean it can't also be good for you.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

420 Gank Mid posted:

Except that yoga and good nutrition are proven to prolong life expectancy and reduce the rate of chronic illnesses and obesity.

Just because an idea or practice is older than modern medicine doesn't mean it can't also be good for you.

Yoga is exercise. Of course it is good for you. But past exercise, it is bunk.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Math Debater posted:

I welcome any and all propaganda that seeks to undermine the extent to which the U.S. empire, with its network of client states, dominates the world.

Jill Stein's foreign policy positions are a huge reason why Sanders supporters should become Stein supporters if and when Sanders does not receive the Democratic Party's 2016 U.S. Presidential nomination!

support of Russian imperialism is a bad policy position and bernie sanders is better for not having it

Math Debater
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

point of return posted:

support of Russian imperialism is a bad policy position and bernie sanders is better for not having it

Nah, there's one empire dominating this world and it's the United States. The Russian Federation is a major actor within a global revolutionary alliance to hasten the decline of the U.S. empire's unipolar domination over the entire world. The United States has several hundred American military bases in countries outside of the U.S., whereas Russia has no more than a dozen Russian military bases outside of Russia. The Russian Federation does not aspire to dominate the world to the extent that the U.S. empire currently dominates the world.

The United States is a world-dominating war empire and the greatest purveyor of violence on the planet. The rise of coalitions of countries whose governments are willing to try to stand up against U.S. world domination should be encouraged. And Jill Stein's unflinching opposition to the Netanyahu regime, her opposition to NATO expansion, and her fervent calls for the U.S. to dramatically downsize its military and shut down overseas American military bases make her a better presidential candidate than Bernie Sanders.

Math Debater has issued a correction as of 05:18 on Dec 13, 2015

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

:lol:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Mrit posted:

Yoga is exercise. Of course it is good for you. But past exercise, it is bunk.

Where do you stand on meditation?

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Math Debater posted:

Nah, there's one empire dominating this world and it's the United States. The Russian Federation is a major actor within a global revolutionary alliance to hasten the decline of the U.S. empire's unipolar domination over the entire world. The United States has several hundred American military bases in countries outside of the U.S., whereas Russia has no more than a dozen Russian military bases outside of Russia. The Russian Federation does not aspire to dominate the world to the extent that the U.S. empire currently dominates the world.

The United States is a world-dominating war empire and the greatest purveyor of violence on the planet. The rise of coalitions of countries whose governments are willing to try to stand up against U.S. world domination should be encouraged. And Jill Stein's unflinching opposition to the Netanyahu regime, her opposition to NATO expansion, and her fervent calls for the U.S. to dramatically downsize its military and shut down overseas American military bases make her a better presidential candidate than Bernie Sanders.

What I've always wanted in a President was the erosion of US domination. Are you a European that jacks off to the thought of US decline? That would be an excellent reason to vote for Jill Stein

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

us/nato imperialism is a child murdering perpetual death machine and any force of opposition to it is welcome but let's not go calling the russian federation a "revolutionary" government even if it inadvertently supports genuinely revolutionary parties and nation-states

Bloody Queef posted:

What I've always wanted in a President was the erosion of US domination.

anti-imperialism is the only moral political stance if you have even the most basic awareness of the world around you, smart guy

R. Guyovich has issued a correction as of 17:09 on Dec 13, 2015

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Homework Explainer posted:

us/nato imperialism is a child murdering perpetual death machine

:hellyeah: :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

you're kidding around, However,

http://www.alternet.org/world/35-countries-where-us-has-supported-fascists-druglords-and-terrorists

http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns/unworthy-victims-western-wars-have-killed-four-million-muslims-1990-39149394

https://theintercept.com/2015/10/07/a-short-history-of-u-s-bombing-of-civilian-facilities/

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/analysis/US-Caused-Civilian-Deaths-Versus-Toll-of-Terrorist-Attacks--20151115-0010.html

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/09/marines-forced-to-retire/

• Locked thread