Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will dethrone ZSB First for Titles?
Miami
GT
UNC
NCSU
BC
FSU
Clemson
EA Sports
NO ONE
View Results

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Season 7 and beyond is here. Hokies Hokies Hokies with their 5th ACC title won, and their 6th Coastal title, along with a 3rd national title. UNC won their new division but wasn't able to close out the ACC title due to coach injury (maybe). This year we are all in it together, round robin. We blew up CFB, the Big XII got some Bball affiliations, the American looks like it, and the ACC is the new king of football. Enjoy the easter eggs I planted in the other conference division names. This thread will serve for us moving forward.

Atlantic Coast Conference Preview

Georgia Tech - BEEEESSSSSSSSSSS BEEESSS WITH A HEISMAN QB

Miami - HAMPERED BY COACHING TREE FOIBLES drat IT ALL

North Carolina - LIVING UP TO THE POTENTIAL THIS SCHOOL HAS IRL

Virginia - LOLUVA

Virginia Tech - THE ONCE AND STILL CHAMPIONES (X5)

Boston College -TOP TEN MAGIC

Clemson - EVEN VIRTUAL CAPN IS GOOD ENOUGH TO STAY HIRED

Florida State - NEW FACES BUT DUBIOUSS COACHING

Notre Dame - Football Jesus

NC State - I RAN OUT OF CLEVER THOUGHTS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those that may be new to the dynasty here are some things you should know about how I run this ship.

1)I am a considerate commish provided you post and stay in touch with the dynasty through the thread (when it concerns player games) or contacting me in AIM/PM. If there are scheduling problems, provided I am aware of them I will work with y'all to get games played.
2)I am a cruel and powerful commish, I move this thing along when I say I plan to especially as it concerns CPU games. I will often set a deadline and players need to get their games in. I don't wait on people with CPU games unless there is the aforementioned communication about a situation.
3)We don't play FCS teams in this league. We prefer mid major meats around these parts.
4)It's a good time in here, trash talk is fine and we will all have fun with the thread.
5)I will listen to suggestions about improving the game play of the dynasty, but the decision to implement anything is ultimately mine.
6)I don't care about CPU games; they are for getting bowl eligible and pointless stat padding. I won't be upset about a reset or two along the way. That said don't restart a half dozen times because someone got injured.

If you got problems all I gots to say is

----------------------------------------------
Teams

Boston College - Texas A Wrecksus GT QuickDrawQuincy
Miami - John Brown GT True Cryme
Virginia - OPEN
Virginia Tech - Zsbaug24 GT JDMTyte
Notre Dame - Open
Clemson - Lil Jon Galt GT Kancho :iiam:
Florida State - Dubiouss something or other figure this out later
Georgia Tech - cletus42o GT cletus42o
North Carolina - slywalker13 GT Slywalker13
NC State - Dioedeus GT BenedictWong

Wait List:

Wait list will work as follows; when a person drops out the first person on the wait list will get a PM and have 24 hrs to respond about taking the spot. If I get no response it's onto the next person.

Difficulty - All American; Adjusted Penalty Sliders; Recruiting is at Varisty
Quarters - 6 minutes
No QB Quiz, Ice the Kicker is On, Home Field Advantage is on.
No Recruiting boosters.

Basically I'm going to ask that everyone not play like an rear end in a top hat. I want to see good sportsmanship and that people play the game like real football within bounds. The game is trying to tailor it so you should be encouraged to do so, but lets actually try and care. I may make adjustments as the game goes along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

lol hosed up the thread title whatever

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

The Notorious ZSB posted:

lol hosed up the thread title whatever

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
did my recruiting board, and I'm in shitsville, USA unless I can over come the XP bug and get one of the ATH qb prospects going my way. I'm dumping everything I have into the Justins.

FSU is solid except I just don't have a QB who plays to my game. I'm probably gonna have to roll with a 76 SPD 81 THP Sophomore because I'm dead in the water with a 58 SPD 92 THP.

Whatever, bring this season on :getin:

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
Yeah missing position changes one year has killed my QB for a couple years. Oh well, time to run hard, 4 of my top 5 players are my o line.

Is Miami playing or not? I can't remember and can't remember what gentleman's agreement we have. Nobody like UNC that much. I'm #2 behind Miami on a lot of guys.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
I'm playing and have the bug so if any recruits have me at #1 right away please back off - I think that's really the main rule with bugged players we have. If I find any recruits that I "need", and would be in a close contention with you on, I might ask if you could back off, but I won't expect every request like that to be fulfilled. I don't know if I get one "gimme dat recruit" request per season or anything like that, but I might try to pull a fast one on one of you if we don't and you don't ask ZSB first. :)

Haven't set up my board yet though so I don't know if there are any people who have me at #1 right now that I'll definitely want, or anyone within top 3 that I could use.. but I'll try to get a list posted if I need to before we advance so anyone who should back off can.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Forever and ever.

The recruiting board is getting wacky because I'm focusing on my pipeline states and there are so many guys that have me in their top 3 from bizzare spots and despite the lack of coach XP JB has been successful enough to warrant being in contention for a lot of them. We'll have to see if he comes back (i sure hope he does because with round robin play I think this season is going to be very interesting!) It was honestly less stressful when you aren't a 6* guy because suddenly you are in contention for just a ton of recruits and prioritizing gets tricky. First World Football Problems.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jul 29, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
So these are the main guys who had me at #1 to start that I'd appreciate anyone backing off of, I didn't check to see if anyone was in contention with me. Note that I also can only scout like 10% at a time so I have no idea what these guys' true OVRs are. :(

The MLB is my primary team need, so I left him on the image (and should probably move him higher up, but that OLB would probably do the job for me too), but Miami is the only user behind me in contention so if you could NOT go after him (unless you also have the bug, like Miami, so JB could definitely pursue him if he wants), you'll be my best friend.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I should be back rolling normally tomorrow or Friday. Just got settled in NOLA and doing what I can from the web

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I'll do my recruiting tomorrow morning Italy time. Please wait for me? TIA

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

No problem man. Also the scheduling got really weird so everyone has a week 1 bye and we are now all playing games in week 15 since we have no more 13th game for a conference championship.

Sly for your broken hand I tried giving you as many byes/cupcakes early as I could so you can recuperate.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Gratz. Kid woke up early, I'll have to get this done tonight sorry. It'll be ready for you this afternoon though.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

Gratz. Kid woke up early, I'll have to get this done tonight sorry. It'll be ready for you this afternoon though.

Work is poo poo today, so who knows when I'll get the chance to advance it. You'll be good.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
We going to do a 24 hour advance for week 1 with all byes?

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
Sorry guys, I've been gone for about a month moving from DC to Denver. I'm back online now and ready to try to keep BC in top ten form until EA runs this game into the ground.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

We going to do a 24 hour advance for week 1 with all byes?

Yes.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
UNC r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced to week 1. 24 hrs to get your recruiting stuff in then we move onto games in week 2 tomorrow.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
ACC is schedule is generated automatically right? VT at UNC is both of our last user games this season (assuming JB doesn't come back this season).

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Slywalker13 posted:

ACC is schedule is generated automatically right? VT at UNC is both of our last user games this season (assuming JB doesn't come back this season).

Yeah the conference schedule is determined by the computer. I have 0 control over where conference games get set. I didn't want them to start till week 4, but it gave a couple of us week 2 games so even that is basically made up EA bullshit.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm so competitive I know I'll get frustrated with losing out on top recruits. You guys are helping a bit the CPU still beats me out.

E: gently caress it, I'll come back with the understanding that this league is my last priority of the four. Meaning I'll get to the games in here last when there are multiple to play.

E2: I'll need another day to do my recruiting though. I won't have time tonight with starting the B1G/PAC.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 3, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I knew you couldn't leave us, I'll back off some guys who are your #1. Basically you play as much or as little of it as you want dude.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

More so the thought of you winning sickens my stomach, so any chance I can ruin that (whether small or microscopic) is worth giving a shot.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

R2a.

Recruits you should remove from your board :)
#1 WR Ben Lewis
#3 WR Brent Miller
#15 WR Lamar Wright
#16 WR AJ Yancey
#3 TE Garth Heffner
#1 C Jay Jordan
#4 DT Zach Day
#7 DE Jonathan Craig
#2 CB Matt Jones

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
e: ready

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Aug 4, 2015

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I haven't even messed w my board yet

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
You know Dubious, in my first season with FSU in this dynasty, I won the ACC. Just sayin'.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yeah and then you abandoned us for Rumchata drinks with Thai hookers

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

John Brown posted:

R2a.

Recruits you should remove from your board :)
Not sure if you listed anyone that we're competing against each other on, but remember, I have the same bug you have, so we'll be fairly competing for any that we both are going after.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

GT r2a

Not sure if you listed anyone that we're competing against each other on, but remember, I have the same bug you have, so we'll be fairly competing for any that we both are going after.

You're not going to steal any of those recruits from me unless you have considerably more bonus points. It'll just be a waste of resources for you, but shoot for them if you want.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

You're not going to steal any of those recruits from me unless you have considerably more bonus points. It'll just be a waste of resources for you, but shoot for them if you want.
I just checked - I didn't put anything into any of the guys you listed. You are right behind me on more than one of the guys I'm pursuing, but thankfully for me, it doesn't look like you're going after them. (though we have the same bonus points on the first few I checked, I have 25 more than you on one guy)

As long as everyone saw that list I posted and adhered to not going after the ones I have as my #1 already, that will be a huge relief since it looks like it's mostly users behind me. The MLB I'm #3 on, you are the next one behind me, and CPU in front only (but I think he's the #1 MLB), and that's the position I really need, so hopefully I can overtake the CPU. Yeah - #2 is Texas, I'm #3, you're #4, we all have +330 bonus, but #1 is ND with +360, so I'll just have to hope for the best because I'm not giving up on him unless it becomes absolutely clear I won't have a shot.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I can tell you right now that you have no shot and are wasting points. ND is going to destroy your hopes and dreams.For all we know that MLB may have already committed and it won't update until next week. The Fighting Irish may only have a few more bonus points, but you have to also factor in that they can insert 200 more weekly points than us.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

I can tell you right now that you have no shot and are wasting points. ND is going to destroy your hopes and dreams.For all we know that MLB may have already committed and it won't update until next week. The Fighting Irish may only have a few more bonus points, but you have to also factor in that they can insert 200 more weekly points than us.
I just had that bad luck with insta-commits in the other dynasty, I'm just going to ride this guy for a few and see if the good luck comes here.

I'm playing ND in week 4, and maybe if enough of us are, I'll be able to get him with a good visit (and a bad ND visit). Of course, like you said, I may not even get the chance for that. But gently caress it, gonna try! I have a similarly-rated (well, that's hard for me to say with the scouting points we get) OLB that I should get since he's #1 for me and the only other schools listed below are users who could probably fill the role, and I'm going after 2 other MLBs, so I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket at least.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Get these fools off your boards!

WR Preston Johnson
WR Marvin Carter
CB Tyler Nixon
CB Marshall Snyder
C Craig Malone
OLB Lawrence Thomas
MLB Lance Freeman
DE John Hollins
G Nick Fine

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

The Piper posted:

You know Dubious, in my first season with FSU in this dynasty, I won the ACC. Just sayin'.

The only ACC title I didn't capture...made me change my offense though and I've been tearing it up since so thanks for that.

I've taken off the guys y'all wanted (Miami & GT) despite it being painful backing off a CB and T of that caliber.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Week 2

Everyone plays the CPU.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Week 2

Everyone plays the CPU.

Can you please drop DE Jonathan Craig from your board? I've already had to drop 23 players from this first advance.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Can you please drop DE Jonathan Craig from your board? I've already had to drop 23 players from this first advance.

Sure man, although I don't think I currently have any points on him beyond the base.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
restarts, fastest QB is 76 speed, 81 throw power. a long season awaits.

if we keep going after this season, I desperately need a mobile QB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

restarts, fastest QB is 76 speed, 81 throw power. a long season awaits.

if we keep going after this season, I desperately need a mobile QB

I can bump the THP to at least 85 to make him functional if you want. No need to suffer quite like that.

• Locked thread