Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will dethrone ZSB First for Titles?
Miami
GT
UNC
NCSU
BC
FSU
Clemson
EA Sports
NO ONE
View Results

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
I'm playing and have the bug so if any recruits have me at #1 right away please back off - I think that's really the main rule with bugged players we have. If I find any recruits that I "need", and would be in a close contention with you on, I might ask if you could back off, but I won't expect every request like that to be fulfilled. I don't know if I get one "gimme dat recruit" request per season or anything like that, but I might try to pull a fast one on one of you if we don't and you don't ask ZSB first. :)

Haven't set up my board yet though so I don't know if there are any people who have me at #1 right now that I'll definitely want, or anyone within top 3 that I could use.. but I'll try to get a list posted if I need to before we advance so anyone who should back off can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
So these are the main guys who had me at #1 to start that I'd appreciate anyone backing off of, I didn't check to see if anyone was in contention with me. Note that I also can only scout like 10% at a time so I have no idea what these guys' true OVRs are. :(

The MLB is my primary team need, so I left him on the image (and should probably move him higher up, but that OLB would probably do the job for me too), but Miami is the only user behind me in contention so if you could NOT go after him (unless you also have the bug, like Miami, so JB could definitely pursue him if he wants), you'll be my best friend.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
We going to do a 24 hour advance for week 1 with all byes?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

John Brown posted:

R2a.

Recruits you should remove from your board :)
Not sure if you listed anyone that we're competing against each other on, but remember, I have the same bug you have, so we'll be fairly competing for any that we both are going after.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

You're not going to steal any of those recruits from me unless you have considerably more bonus points. It'll just be a waste of resources for you, but shoot for them if you want.
I just checked - I didn't put anything into any of the guys you listed. You are right behind me on more than one of the guys I'm pursuing, but thankfully for me, it doesn't look like you're going after them. (though we have the same bonus points on the first few I checked, I have 25 more than you on one guy)

As long as everyone saw that list I posted and adhered to not going after the ones I have as my #1 already, that will be a huge relief since it looks like it's mostly users behind me. The MLB I'm #3 on, you are the next one behind me, and CPU in front only (but I think he's the #1 MLB), and that's the position I really need, so hopefully I can overtake the CPU. Yeah - #2 is Texas, I'm #3, you're #4, we all have +330 bonus, but #1 is ND with +360, so I'll just have to hope for the best because I'm not giving up on him unless it becomes absolutely clear I won't have a shot.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

I can tell you right now that you have no shot and are wasting points. ND is going to destroy your hopes and dreams.For all we know that MLB may have already committed and it won't update until next week. The Fighting Irish may only have a few more bonus points, but you have to also factor in that they can insert 200 more weekly points than us.
I just had that bad luck with insta-commits in the other dynasty, I'm just going to ride this guy for a few and see if the good luck comes here.

I'm playing ND in week 4, and maybe if enough of us are, I'll be able to get him with a good visit (and a bad ND visit). Of course, like you said, I may not even get the chance for that. But gently caress it, gonna try! I have a similarly-rated (well, that's hard for me to say with the scouting points we get) OLB that I should get since he's #1 for me and the only other schools listed below are users who could probably fill the role, and I'm going after 2 other MLBs, so I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket at least.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Yeah I have had to restart so many times against Bama, they either beat me in the final minute or they knock my Heisman QB Yancey out for 3+ weeks (which would kill me in the round robin setup I'm sure).

I could definitely use a little boost on my LTs if possible. OVRs are 67/57 for them. RTs are 89/66.

Going to try to beat Bama again in a moment. Think I'm finally going to ditch the old playbook for something that should work better against tough defenses.

edit - GOD drat IT even with an almost perfect game Bama stopped me again. I'll have to try it again later today. Yancey had 3 passing and 3 rushing TDs, total shoot-out, and Bama stopped me on my final drive where I should have scored to go up with only little time left on the game. :(

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Aug 8, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Will try to beat Bama shortly. Don't think I've ever had this many restarts. :(

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Okay, I don't even want to see the # of restarts, but I finally beat Bama 37-35.

GT ready to fuckin' advance!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I'm personally annoyed that it saved the roster changes prior to the advance. I went and viewed them multiple times then it wouldn't actually upload them apparently.
I didn't actually check any of mine, I played Tulane so if they didn't stick for me, I'll deal with it. Bama was going to be the toughest CPU game on my season I'm sure and I need luck more than stats when it comes to the user games.

I'll check in a bit though. Guessing I should look at my LTs that I mentioned being 67/57 to look for the difference - my 89 RT was decent enough that I wouldn't think you'd have boosted him, and I didn't write down any stats for my guards.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Agghhh drat it OK I am all for a reboot.

I had ND beat 38-37 with 8 seconds to go, and then they were returning it for a TD so I had to quit out. Will try again later. Motherfuckers!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Yeah that mod poo poo is crazy and I wouldn't worry about it. We should just enjoy the game as it is for as long as they keep the servers afloat.

GT finally demolishes ND, 65-21. GT r2a. gently caress ND.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

How many attempts did it take you lol?
Well it says 5 restarts, but I know it always starts at 2, and I know one of them I had to abandon the game early on because of work - so just 2. I guess not that bad, but I was pissed that I had them beat in that one game by a point and they were returning it for a TD with no time left on the clock.

Yancey hosed them up this time though, I think he ran for like 6-7 TDs. Dude is a beast.

John Brown posted:

If we're restarting I vote we go back to divisions since we have the players to do so. I'm gonna roll with Pitt. This will be the last dynasty and I want to see if I can still turn a franchise around, but I'd also like to stay in the division with V-Tech.
I will definitely stay with GT. Feel like I've gotten them pretty far even with the XP bug, at least 2 Heismans (of course I don't get poo poo for XP for that).

I think we should also start a GroupMe room and possibly see if Adam/Vandy (also playing as Nebraska in DrunkDynasty) would want to join - he seems reliable (BTW ZSB, he was trying to schedule with you in GM for your game with him in the SEC). I think we might have one other reliable guy in DrunkDynasty too - maybe two - the guys playing as Texas and South Carolina. Just a thought if we want to really fill it up. I don't know that they'd all want to join or if y'all would even want to bother asking though.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 19, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT over NC State, 35-31.

Only GT's 2nd real "upset" win in the dynasty, I think my only other user game win was against someone who played as Virginia for a couple of weeks at best way early on when I first joined.

Had a huge lead at one point, think 35-17, but Dio fought back hard. I was just trying to control the clock - which I know is something we've all been saying is a bad idea, but I don't exactly have a team you can trust to not make a turnover.

GG Dio!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Sly, when do you want to play? I work from home all the time now so let me know what works for you. (daytime games for me are easier wife-wise, and I'd usually know ahead of time if a work obligation would keep me from taking a break)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I think you're getting scared of #2 GT and bailing fast now.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I'm joined up and set my board/redshirts, r2a.

Feels GREAT being able to actually scout. :)

Weird not having a single TE on my roster to start, but maybe the standard GT playbook doesn't call for one?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
It's EA. It's loving random. I've joined dynasties post-S1 and didn't get the bug, but more often than not, have. Always tried to figure out if it's "did someone have that team before you" or all that poo poo. There's no logic to it.

I'm pretty sure my first few months playing with all of you, we were all trying to figure out solutions or what exactly caused it and how some people didn't get affected. We've all spent way too much of our lives worrying about it.

gently caress, remember when someone had changed a playbook for a team and then left and no one could play the CPU because you could never get a play off? That's happened I think in at least one goon dynasty and one other dynasty I was in. Getting people to join just to change the playbook. EA kills us.

The only 100% guarantee is to join before the dynasty gets started.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
As a team with a rushing QB, I am all for no injuries.. :)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Erry body got a till tomorrow night to play their game if you aim to.
I always have trouble with the time stamp on posts here.. Monday night or Sunday night? I can definitely get it in tomorrow morning.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Omg gently caress this game. None of my recruiting points stuck from last week.
Oh right I forgot to set the new dynasty up to give me the email alerts for advances. poo poo, I hope I didn't leave the recruiting assistance on too but I bet I did. Did you remember to turn that poo poo off?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Pretty sure it's me and Sly, GT/UNC?

When's good for you Sly?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Sunday? Maybe Saturday evening but I'll likely be dead tired from Octoberfest.
Sure - one of those two times should work, though my wife gets back from a work trip Friday night so if we do Sunday, the earlier the better probably for me.

I work from home though so I'm available during days, in case you're thinking your time difference would keep us from playing during the week.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I'm spreading things out a lot.

Slywalker13 posted:

Normally that's a godsend but I'm out of town until Saturday.
Okay - well with my wife getting back from a work trip Friday night, I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to make Sat/Sun work - but what time Sunday would you be thinking?

And if I can't make it work, would you be around Monday? If so, what time? I'm in CT now, but you can give it to me in ET. I can convert between those two. :)

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 1, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Cletus, can we play today, October 5, at 145 pm central?
That should work for me but I'll keep you posted. I have to call in a prescription refill to my doctor, but I don't think that I'll be able to go pick them up until tomorrow. If they say they'd be ready today, I would probably be out at that time to handle it, so I'll let you know. If I don't post back, I'll be online at 1:45!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey Sly, might need to start around 2. I have a call from 1:30-2, though it doesn't always last until 2. We may not even have it today, so I'll just log in when I'm available sometime between 1:45 and 2.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Gg cletus, your pass d gave up a few huge plays that you couldn't recover from, especially with your recievers being unable to hold onto the ball.
Yeah, that crazy INT you got off the tip and then that fumble kept me from working on a comeback. Did the score save for you? The game froze on me as I was typing up a message to you at the end and I'm not seeing it on the website.

edit - Well, I hope it saved - it's still not showing on the Teams page of the website, but we had that problem with a game JB played in another dynasty, so as long as you made it back to the main dynasty screen it should be fine. GG like I said in the message! Yeah you were getting that receiver wide open on me. In the 2nd half, at least for sure in the 4th quarter, I was on the look-out for him to make sure that wouldn't happen again. (but you probably could have pulled it off again) Unfortunately since you know I'm trying option out so much, I was starting to scramble more quickly than I normally would just to get some traction with my fast QB - guess I need to start doing that earlier in user games, I just worry about cheesin'! And yeah, my receivers really were not helping at all!

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 5, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

vt vs gt
fsu vs bc
When ya wanna play? (BTW ZSB you have a CPU SEC game still to play! - unless you snuck it by me today)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Probably not until Saturday/Sunday morning. I'll try and get my SEC game played tonight, the fall is just super super busy and I have very little time between work and officiating + social things to get to games as quickly.
Tomorrow morning will definitely not work for me unless you're up super early and I happen to also wake up early - driving to my dad's to watch LSU/South Carolina. Evening could work if you're around. Sunday morning could work - or another time during the day. If not, I'm driving my wife (yet again) to the airport Monday, so I'll be free almost all week from Monday afternoon til Friday night.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

cletus - any afternoon time?
Maybe later today, but definitely tomorrow afternoon. (or Tues/Wed - both should be fine since I work from home)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I'll def have time around 6 CT tomorrow.
Perfect - that will definitely work for me. Just shoot me a message on XBL - I'll probably be playing MUT. If I don't respond, I probably just have it open, but I'm sure I'll remember to get on at 6 for our game anyway and would see you log in.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

GT gets lots of yards, but not enough points. VT had a bunch of huge plays early and sorta coasted to the finish (1 80 yd TD with 3 shed tackles, 1 83 yd punt return with 3 shed tackles, 1 pick 6). Otherwise gg cletus.

Dubiouss and our pal Wreckus have a game. If BC needs to be Ap'd let me know should it not happen by say Sunday.
Yeah you played a great game, even without those unreal broken tackle TDs that I still can't get over. I was trying my best to trick you into thinking I'd be doing something different than I did on offense, worked a few times, but yeah - my passing game definitely needs work. It's weird because Thomas completes a good % of passes against the CPU but he overthrew like crazy against both you and Sly. And I really thought I got out of bounds with that 1 second left on the clock in the first half, it wasn't letting me hurry up, so I was trying to squeeze in a FG there. Not sure if I had tried calling a play other than a FG there if I'd have gotten a chance to even try something, but I was so sad when the clock just went to 0.

(that punt where I think you got the TD, I think the commentators were like "Why didn't he go for the FG there?" - the game suggested punt and my kicker is no where good enough to have made it, but yeah, I should have just tried and failed there haha so maybe they were onto something)

I was only able to show off Thomas' speed a few times but man he is unbelievably fast. I probably should have tried running more options in the first half but I felt like you were expecting them so I was scared.

I don't think you messaged me back on XBL - but did the TOs get you riled up? I thought they might have - wasn't my intention. You went for it on that 4th and goal when I called the first one and I stopped you, then you threw that pick in the end zone even closer to the end. I was of course hoping to SOMEHOW get into the game but after you went for it on the 4th and goal and failed from the first TO I figured I'd keep doing it and try to cause more mistakes. :) I really never like to end a game, blow out or not, with TOs left on the board. Definitely not just to prolong the game for no reason.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I'm either going to get my game in this morning before I head over to my dad's for the Saints game, or I'll play it this evening.

Oh wait. It's Wreckus. Didn't realize anyone was BC.

Umm. So I'll look for him this evening, but do you want to just pre-preemptively put him on AP? Though looks like you haven't played yet either ZSB, so if you're not planning on advancing still for a day or two at least, I can hold out and hope to catch Wreckus before playing him on AP.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Okay I see Wreckus is on AP now, so I'll knock the game out probably tomorrow sometime - prob early afternoon.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Sorry, work was almost as bad today as it was last week, but the build is finally pushed out, so I can definitely knock it out in the morning if you can wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I've been really busy myself lately and with the amount of Madden 16 I've been playing, I am finding myself having less desire to play CPU NCAA games - especially since I can't stream from the 360 to Windows 10 like I can with the XB1. Which makes it possible for me to have a game going on one monitor while I work on my 2nd monitor (just needing to pause if something comes up).

I think we'll let the SEC die - outside of you and with Dio only playing user games, it's pretty much just me and JB and the guy playing Vandy who has the coach XP bug. I am running another dynasty too but honestly I'd be fine with cutting down to just playing in this dynasty and JB's.

Anyway, unfortunately I never caught Wreckus online when I could commit to a game, so I had to play the CPU - so GT is r2a.

• Locked thread