Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
I am well versed in Depression. I have suffered Bipolar since I was 18 (I don't understand why it started at that age) and I would go through 2~3 massive periods of depression a year.

When it has come to therapy I feel like it hasn't worked for me. I've had 3 therapists, 2 doctors and a psychiatrist and only 1 therapist and the psychiatrist has worked for me. The therapist would talk to me of things I liked and the psychiatrist is a wonderful man who basically just lets me ask questions and engages me in interesting subjects. Medication has been the part that has helped me the most. When I was just on an antidepressant I did not slip back into depression, with Lithium on top for the mania I went back into depression for 3 weeks. For the most part the drugs have had no side effects, although a few times I have felt like a zombie on some medication.

You ask how you should deal with the feelings, but I don't think there is a nice easy answer to that one. It just all around sucks and what you say about nothing just screams to me of how I felt at my lowest. Now that you're talking to us, I really feel you should talk to others. Doctor, therapist, priest, support group, etc. They can help far more than we can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread