Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Tias posted:

Oh. In that case, don't loving get back on it! Cannabis is a potent anti-psychotic in the short term, but has no proven effect on psychiatric illnesses, and seems to worsen them in a lot of cases. Regular anti-depressants could do good in this case, but consider seeing a doctor first.

This post goes pretty hard against science, there are actually strands of medical marijuana that are super low THC and high CBD that you won't likely find on the streets, designed to just physically relax a person and relieve stress not unlike that from PTSD or anxiety disorder, that doesn't really have much of any major impact on your mind, except for enjoying the first part.

Also "regular" anti-depressants are proven to routinely and predictably cause weight gain, something a marine is going to be really bothered by, lethargy which he already has, and your dick stops working or is at least less efficient, and these are just the regular almost everybody runs into it symptoms, I'm not even getting into what happens after 10 years or if you try to stop buying and taking the mind altering drugs.

It's hard to judge anyone by a paragraph but I think the OP sounds like they're in a much better place with more capability than most people who actually "need" anti-depressants. I would say continue to try to keep fit and active, use small amounts of the medical pot and ask if you can get the kind I mentioned if that makes you happier, and as far as going beyond that for new methods goes: consider a new hobby or craft, maybe even mindfulness meditation or CBT (a type of therapy) if you need further help.

Good luck man. My life seemed bad enough when I was younger to try the benzos (xanax) and the anti-depressants (a half dozen different types by now) that the doctor ordered, and my strongest feeling to come out of all of it is that every check up and pill was an addictive waste of money, my life is now worse than it was then, and I feel more relief from a day of fishing or hiking than I do an unlimited dosage of xanax and anti-depressants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread