Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Should you end up seeing a doctor, keep an eye on yourself with the meds. Better yet have someone else keep an eye on you. It isn't common but SSRIs can mess with your head in some odd ways and affect your behavior in ways you won't be able to recognize yourself. If your doc wants to do benzos or sleeping pills make sure you keep that short term. The last thing you want right now is an addiction to deal with.

You've got a studio, are you sure you'll be ok on your own? How long would you be able to disappear for before somebody noticed?

As someone now addicted to prescribed benzos and incredibly hosed up in the head (The one on my shoulders and the one in my pants. Sexual side effects, yo) from Cymbalta, a very potent but popular SSRI I agree. You probably need something, but unless you're as depressed as I am, keep away from the stuff. Try Lorazepam as it's the least side effect riddled that I've tried as far as antidepressants go. But if you do need to get on Ativan and an SSRI, do it. It's worth it to be able to cope and not go through suicide attempts.

I admit I'm jealous that MMJ helps you. It only intensifies my paranoia and anxiety to the point that I can't touch the stuff. It would be nice to have something not over the top addictive to calm down with.

Edit: But really, read up on the side effects before starting an antidepressant. The things do incredibly unpredictable things to you depending on the person and can really change how you think, so be warned. Again though; better than true major depression.

Vagon fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Aug 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagon
Oct 22, 2005

Teehee!

Tias posted:

but has no proven effect on psychiatric illnesses, and seems to worsen them in a lot of cases

While I've not heard about that, I don't doubt it. My god it makes me bad.

• Locked thread