Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins?
Club América
Querétaro FC
Santos Laguna
UANL
other
View Results

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Hmm, commentary audio cut out on the FSGo feed there for a bit...I'm guessing Strong/Friedel were polishing off a bottle after that 3rd goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Free Steven Gerrard!

Any takers?

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I mean I didn't expect a team with no regular season games that's basically brand new go to to Mexico and win, but drat son these are some silly rear end goals to concede.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

lol LAG is so old and slow and bad

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Mods rename this the Copa MX thread

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Is this the point the Sounders give everyone their money back?

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Tigren posted:

Is this the point the Sounders give everyone their money back?

We've not embarrassed ourselves yet, we do that tomorrow. Gotta keep the teams you hate straight.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Hey, I know! Put in Mike Magee! He'll score some goals!!

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Tonight America Has Failed On All Fronts

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
I'm mostly pissed that I watched this poo poo team instead of the World Dog Awards hosted by George Lopez. Thanks Garber!

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Are the announcers not allowed to talk about how every MLS team goes into this tournament in pre season mode and every Liga MX team is multiple games deep into their regular season. Did they get a directive from Fox and MLS or something?

They been talking all game about how poorly the MLS teams do in the tourney all night but never elaborate any reason as to why. Even just saying "MLS teams are bad" would be better than just saying MLS teams perform poor in this tournament over and over again.

Not that the Galaxy weren't terrible tonight, but it is an important factor in how these matches tend to pan out.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Uh, I know Strong and Friedel brought that up during the game, so not sure what you're talking about there...

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Uh, I know Strong and Friedel brought that up during the game, so not sure what you're talking about there...

Oh I must have missed that, my bad!

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

camoseven posted:

Two MLS teams are making it through to the next round tonight: God's Team :911:, aka DC United, and The Only MLS Team With A Real Chance, aka LA Galaxy

Truth

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

At this point it looks like the only team with a chance is Seattle. I expected LA to do better, although I won't complain one bit if this tournament was a preview of how their season will go this year.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

OK Seattle, please don't embarrass us.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Jesus, Azteca is empty as gently caress.

e: Gonzalo Pineda is doing announcing on Univision.

foobardog fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 3, 2016

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
The match started at 7pm local time, so plenty of people are still on the way from work.

Here's hoping that America seals the deal in the first half.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

El Chingon posted:

The match started at 7pm local time, so plenty of people are still on the way from work.

Here's hoping that America seals the deal in the first half.

No it's fine, I'd not give a gently caress about this game if I lived in a real soccer nation like Mexico. We don't get too many more people for CCL games, honestly.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Pretty much what I expected, Club America just kicking it around, playing with the Sounders like a cat playing with a caught mouse.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
Well, the Azteca won't be full of fans, but I think at least 30k is the average for this kind of games. Also, CA is not doing so good in the Liga MX after losing to Tigres 4-1 last Saturday :negative:

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

El Chingon posted:

Well, the Azteca won't be full of fans, but I think at least 30k is the average for this kind of games. Also, CA is not doing so good in the Liga MX after losing to Tigres 4-1 last Saturday :negative:

That's probably to y'all's advantage. CCL is the last refuge for frauds, scoundrels, and garbage men across North America. :)

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

This is pretty much the first team for the Sounders. I wonder who we'll put out on Sunday.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Christ that was a terrible sequence from Seattle. Thank you Evans.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Christ that was a terrible sequence from Seattle. Thank you Evans.

Yeah, they're holding up better than I expected, but if this keeps up one of these last minute defensive saves will fail.

I see we're back to the Brad Evans Centerback Experinment, though I guess he saved that one...

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

OK, I'm not sure that was a corner, but I'll take it.

e: I'm... cautiously optimistic?

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

gently caress em up clint. feels dirty rooting for the sounders, but gotta cheer on our poo poo league

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Holy poo poo, Dempsey got cleats to the face and it's cut up. Seems only to have made him angry, though...

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Good, time for Clint to Hulk out.

drat Frei

And drat us for him needing to make that save.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Jesus, Frei making up for a letting someone be open longer than 7-11.

e: Everyone's getting injured. :ohdear:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh gently caress off with the lasers Mexico.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Oh gently caress off with the lasers Mexico.

Azteca. Azteca never changes.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

HOW DID THAT GO IN?!?!?!?!

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Uh, what? That was a luckbox goal, but I'll take that poo poo. Hopefully Sigi doesn't just park the bus, because that will fail.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
lol

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Welp, this game just got a bit of the magic of cup play.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

foobardog posted:

CCL. CCL never changes.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Sounders please

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Scoring a goal was nice, but now CA is mad as gently caress. This is gonna end like 5-1. Yay MLS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
this is bad

• Locked thread