Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your Myers Briggs Type?
ENFJ
ENFP
ENTJ
ENTP
ESFJ
ESFP
ESTJ
ESTP
INFJ
INFP
INTJ
INTP
ISFJ
ISFP
ISTJ
ISTP
View Results

• Locked thread
George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
ENTP.

I'm the Ideas Guy :frogdowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I always get ENFP on these things.

Which is funny, because I'm a super technical guy in reality.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Add me to the list of INTJs. This is like the 6th time I've done one of these that I got that result (out of 8).

Also everyone with an 'F' is fundamentally bad and broken and should be fixed or sterilized/killed. That's not my opinion, it's just the truth. Sorry, 60% of the human population. :colbert:

I just your test results back.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Fuckin' C3PO.

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

Luke Cage or Iron Fist? That's definitely cooler.

Also that Wolverine dude, I guess

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
I last took one of these things in highschool. Yup. Still an INFP beta bitch.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
not a checkbox poll not gonna vote

Baelish
Feb 8, 2013

I got fuckin' Jar Jar Binks, but in the OP the one chart said I was in the same group as Star Lord so I'll take it.

Edit: I'm an idiot and can't read charts. Actually got the ewok.

Baelish has a new favorite as of 00:00 on Aug 8, 2015

Cantoris
May 11, 2015

I play video games 29 hours a day
ENTJ-ing it up.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

The only MBTI chart you need:

(ENTJ here)

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

I REFUSE TO BAN GENOCIDE DENIAL IN MY SUBFORUM BECAUSE I BELIEVE PEOPLE SHOULD DEBATE THE GENOCIDE DENIERS INSTEAD

I ALSO REPORTED MY TITLE FOR SAYING I IGNORE PMS, VIOLATING D&D RULE II.2.B AS I DIDN'T CITE A SOURCE, THEN DID NOT PAY MONEY TO REWRITE IT BECAUSE I AM UNDER PROTECTION OF THE ADMINS AND I DO NOT IGNORE PMS

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF THE FORUMS BY PURCHASING AVATARS FOR ME

Add me to the list of INTJs. This is like the 6th time I've done one of these that I got that result (out of 8).

Also everyone with an 'F' is fundamentally bad and broken and should be fixed or sterilized/killed. That's not my opinion, it's just the truth. Sorry, 60% of the human population. :colbert:

That's baloney.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

200 votes calls for a drink, have one on me.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

KillHour posted:

I always get ENFP on these things.

Which is funny, because I'm a super technical guy in reality.

Thinking vs Feeling isn't really about what you know or how smart you are, but how much you consider feelings when making decisions. To be fair though, the way they ask the questions on some of these assessments presents them in stark, binary terms. Like, you'd have to be a huge rear end in a top hat to answer thinking on some of them. Then there's complex, loaded questions like "which do you value more, justice or mercy?" when really, that depends on your definition of justice.

Really, thinking/feeling aren't opposites in the same way introversion/extraversion and judging/perceiving are, but the mbti doesn't seem to acknowledge that.

Android Bicyclist posted:

Fuckin' C3PO.

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

Luke Cage or Iron Fist? That's definitely cooler.

Also that Wolverine dude, I guess

I doubt wolverine would be in the same category as C3PO and Mother Teresa. He's more of an ISTP.

Anyway, the competition for gooniest type is heating up.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Vanderdeath posted:

I took one of these in college, one while working at a job and one just now and I'm three for three. I always get INFP: the bitchmade temperament. :negative:

You shut your mouth, boy, we're adorable smiley baby seals and everybody loves us. :colbert:

:kimchi:

Although I usually fall evenly between Thinking and Feeling.

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Thinking vs Feeling isn't really about what you know or how smart you are, but how much you consider feelings when making decisions. To be fair though, the way they ask the questions on some of these assessments presents them in stark, binary terms. Like, you'd have to be a huge rear end in a top hat to answer thinking on some of them. Then there's complex, loaded questions like "which do you value more, justice or mercy?" when really, that depends on your definition of justice.

Really, thinking/feeling aren't opposites in the same way introversion/extraversion and judging/perceiving are, but the mbti doesn't seem to acknowledge that.

Exactly, there's too much black-and-white thinking behind the questions. That "justice v. mercy" question in particular always pisses me off, because Justice does not equate with Logic and Mercy does not equate with Emotions, each to the exclusion of the other, WTF test writers?? In an ideal situation, the perfect judgement would invoke both values equally, and our little ~feelings~ have nothing to do with it. :argh: [E: But then, you know, I always score evenly between Thinking and Feeling, so...]

The test also has a major problem in the way that it puts people who score far to the end of one spectrum and those slightly to one side of center in the same category. If, say, getting 0-10 score marks results in getting the Introvert label, and 11-20 marks results in the Extrovert label, and I score a 10 (Introvert)....I have more in common with someone who scores an 11 (Extrovert) than I do with one who scores a 0, and yet I and the 0-scorer are considered by the test to be more alike than I and the 11-scorer.

Rabbit Hill has a new favorite as of 14:50 on Aug 7, 2015

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I found this website just recently, it has listings of historical figures and celebrities for every type.

http://www.celebritytypes.com/personality-tests.php

If you look past the primary colors, gradients, and rounded corners, it's actually quite informative. They have articles going over the theories, including ones acknowledging that the MBTI and Jungian theories aren't the end-all, be-all of personality studies. http://www.celebritytypes.com/articles.php

Here's an infographic about the different functions. This could be useful if you can't figure out your type on testing and type summaries.

It's also available in video form. They have some other interesting videos on their channel. They have an uncannily great taste in clip-art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFgOgWYkXbg

And here they are all stacked on top of each other for each type.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I had to take one of these tests in high school a few years ago. My two best friends also had to take it as well. All three of us independently tested as INFJ.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

ISFJ! Shared by one of my favorite composers, Vivaldi. Neat! :3

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Another INFJ.
I'm (struggling with) planning a career change at the moment and the career guidance section for INFJs does pretty much overlap with the areas I'm interested in, thanks for the reassurance, 5 minute internet quiz.
Priest school, here I come

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Apparently im intp even though im a giant space cadet and extremely brutally stupid.

mr meowzers
Sep 18, 2014
It came up with INTJ but told me that I had a 1% difference between that and INTP and may share many characteristics with that type. So...uh...I know it means I'm a bad person, but what the gently caress? 1%?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
To be fair, I've always been a huge fan of flaming shots and I loving love anything anise flavored. So the drink thing is right on. Especially since I'm right on the border with vintage wine and, well, I don't know about "vintage" wine but my wife and I go to Sonoma around 10 times a year, so I can't deny loving a good bottle of wine.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ENTP. Basically just a clever attention whore.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

mr meowzers posted:

It came up with INTJ but told me that I had a 1% difference between that and INTP and may share many characteristics with that type. So...uh...I know it means I'm a bad person, but what the gently caress? 1%?

If you look at the distribution thingy, the last variable is the one most likely to fluctuate. Depending on which test you take and which day you take it on, that is the one that is going to flip.

Like any good horoscope, you want the special snowflake to fit you but you want some choice as to which kind of snowflake you are. It is important.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i didn't do too good on that test there weren't any cheese questions

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
INFJ

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

IDDQD

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
I've been an INFP for years and "Nobody really knows what they're talking about. But they're certainly talking. Not really hatable so much as pitiable. Like a babbling old woman at an inconsequential town hall meeting, to whom no one is listening." is the most accurate description of my personality I have ever read.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

mr meowzers posted:

This site has tests specifically to distinguish between two types, eg. INTJ vs INTP, INFP vs INTP, INTP vs ISTP, everything you need to figure out what kind of INTP you are.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
ENFJ.

Not sure about the E part. I'm pretty good communicating with people and enjoy it, but it's a bit draining to always be engaging. I took one of these things in school and it gave a pretty cool detailed explanation of my results. MY "N and "F" are pretty strong, but I'm always borderline E/I and P/J.

buglord has a new favorite as of 05:43 on Aug 18, 2015

Nekodoshi
Aug 4, 2007

I'm only as smart as the content of my posts.
So I'm an ENFP, my blood type is B+ so I'm supposedly short tempered as well, Im an Aquarius so Im super empathetic (very true), and according to another quiz I'm supposed to be in Ravenclaw, although I was literally 1% away from being in Griffindor.
What else can an internet quiz tell me today?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Nekodoshi posted:

So I'm an ENFP, my blood type is B+ so I'm supposedly short tempered as well, Im an Aquarius so Im super empathetic (very true), and according to another quiz I'm supposed to be in Ravenclaw, although I was literally 1% away from being in Griffindor.
What else can an internet quiz tell me today?

They can tell you if you know what boats are.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Nekodoshi posted:

Im an Aquarius so Im super empathetic

This is like saying Ozma is super thin.

gandhichan
Dec 25, 2009

There's a new terror of the skies, bitches.
AND HER HAIR IS PINK.

Ughh.

mr meowzers
Sep 18, 2014

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

This site has tests specifically to distinguish between two types, eg. INTJ vs INTP, INFP vs INTP, INTP vs ISTP, everything you need to figure out what kind of INTP you are.

Heh. Yup. That site tells me that I am INTP, Tina Fey, and Muammar Gaddafi.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

Humboldt Squid posted:

Apparently im intp even though im a giant space cadet and extremely brutally stupid.

Absent mindedness is a key trait of INTPs and you may just be brutally stupid and an emotional infant.
As an INTP it is probably the gooniest type, most likely to endlessly theorise to no practical end, habitually messy and poorly organised, unconcerned with self appearance, oblivious to every day minutae..

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

It's a common misconception that twins have interchangeable personalities. However, like all twins, neither Mary Kate nor Ashley has a soul.

Pomplamoose has a new favorite as of 01:51 on Aug 26, 2015

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
ISTJ, just like Herbert Hoover, Benjamin Harrison and, uh, Evander Holyfield.

Truly I share a personality type with American legends.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Anosmoman posted:

This would be a lot more useful if it would tell you which personality is your mortal enemy. I have my suspicions but without a chart there's just no way of knowing.

Beware the rat, marry a horse.

Nekodoshi
Aug 4, 2007

I'm only as smart as the content of my posts.

I thought Aquarians were supposed to be like, people-persons? Hrm, as usual I'm wrong about something. I know I fall into the house of Mercury which means Im obsessed with communication. I think? :shrug:

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

Rabbit Hill posted:

Although I usually fall evenly between Thinking and Feeling.

Me too - always slightly on the feeling side too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

• Locked thread