Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your Myers Briggs Type?
ENFJ
ENFP
ENTJ
ENTP
ESFJ
ESFP
ESTJ
ESTP
INFJ
INFP
INTJ
INTP
ISFJ
ISFP
ISTJ
ISTP
View Results

• Locked thread
Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Vanderdeath posted:

I took one of these in college, one while working at a job and one just now and I'm three for three. I always get INFP: the bitchmade temperament. :negative:

You shut your mouth, boy, we're adorable smiley baby seals and everybody loves us. :colbert:

:kimchi:

Although I usually fall evenly between Thinking and Feeling.

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Thinking vs Feeling isn't really about what you know or how smart you are, but how much you consider feelings when making decisions. To be fair though, the way they ask the questions on some of these assessments presents them in stark, binary terms. Like, you'd have to be a huge rear end in a top hat to answer thinking on some of them. Then there's complex, loaded questions like "which do you value more, justice or mercy?" when really, that depends on your definition of justice.

Really, thinking/feeling aren't opposites in the same way introversion/extraversion and judging/perceiving are, but the mbti doesn't seem to acknowledge that.

Exactly, there's too much black-and-white thinking behind the questions. That "justice v. mercy" question in particular always pisses me off, because Justice does not equate with Logic and Mercy does not equate with Emotions, each to the exclusion of the other, WTF test writers?? In an ideal situation, the perfect judgement would invoke both values equally, and our little ~feelings~ have nothing to do with it. :argh: [E: But then, you know, I always score evenly between Thinking and Feeling, so...]

The test also has a major problem in the way that it puts people who score far to the end of one spectrum and those slightly to one side of center in the same category. If, say, getting 0-10 score marks results in getting the Introvert label, and 11-20 marks results in the Extrovert label, and I score a 10 (Introvert)....I have more in common with someone who scores an 11 (Extrovert) than I do with one who scores a 0, and yet I and the 0-scorer are considered by the test to be more alike than I and the 11-scorer.

Rabbit Hill has a new favorite as of 14:50 on Aug 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread