Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got this from a friend today after we got done playing rocket league. did you like this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I watched my friend play through most of it. it's pretty much resident evil 4 2.0

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
and if anyone makes a 420 joke because of that post im personally going ot kick there rear end

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
burning mechanic is odd. If I don't burn them I guess they can get back up?

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

its awesome one of the best games of last year.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

frank.club posted:

burning mechanic is odd. If I don't burn them I guess they can get back up?

no its like a quick kill basically. if you shoot out their legs or knock them down you can kill them instantly using a match.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cool, I just got to my first dude it told me to burn and I assumed it was like that siren mechanic

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Famous TV Dad posted:

no its like a quick kill basically. if you shoot out their legs or knock them down you can kill them instantly using a match.

my friend thought it was like REmake where they came back and that's what i thought too, well, until just now that is

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I couldnt beat the fat guy with the chainsaw in the village and felt really ashamed and went to play games i wanted to play more

the defining moment was putting a fire arrow on the fat man's head so all he was doing chasing me was running around, chainsawing his own dudes, and setting his own dudes on fire

unfortunately my main character, grizzled mcdetective, is a severe asthmatic and my attempts at kiting did not last long.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've only gotten through chapter 2 but now I'm dreading that part lol

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
running is an important upgrade

i like the enemies getting back up because resident evil 4 siren is cool, too bad fire works

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Siren is extremely scary and blood curse is on psplay

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I liked the game okay. just expect more last of us and less resi 4 and it's a fun ride

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't like playing scary games unless my girlfriend is in the room cooing into my ear and rubbing my belly when I get stressed.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

I don't like playing scary games unless my girlfriend is in the room cooing into my ear and rubbing my belly when I get stressed.

Go on.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

frank.club posted:

Siren is extremely scary and blood curse is on psplay

i want to play blood curse. no physical release is a drag tho.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Famous TV Dad posted:

i want to play blood curse. no physical release is a drag tho.

it's also divided into individual chapters you have to rent on psplay. Which is weird

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Matches are quick kills but also for killing bodies on the floor or whatever when you come across them to make sure they are not traps that will attack you as soon as you walk past them.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

The most useful upgrades are your run and anything you can do for your crossbow thingy.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Stravinsky posted:

The most useful upgrades are your run and anything you can do for your crossbow thingy.

The upgraded regular bolt is a great boss killer

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i want this game but it never goes cheap. the lowest ive seen it is 25. it feels like it's been out for more than a year

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
if you see a dude with a torch get the torch and it's a one hit kill on anything which is great before you have the crossbow

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The chainsaw guy killed me after I unloaded all my explosive bolts and harpoon bolts and everything else. He's way faster than I thought he'd be

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

rediscover posted:

I watched my friend play through most of it. it's pretty much resident evil 4 2.0

yes, but without the goofy b-movie camp so it therefore sucks

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Mak0rz posted:

yes, but without the goofy b-movie camp so it therefore sucks

no it was cool

Hoekie
Apr 22, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

if you see a dude with a torch get the torch and it's a one hit kill on anything which is great before you have the crossbow

That's key. I liked the game OP.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The only thing that's putting me off are the really choppy frame rates in a few areas. I will resume playing once it is nighttime

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i liked this but only got like halfway through, or whenever the mansion level is. i liked it a lot better once it stopped being a shoddy stealth game though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bobnumerotres posted:

i want this game but it never goes cheap. the lowest ive seen it is 25. it feels like it's been out for more than a year
i think it came out last october

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

I shot a guy in the head and it made big solid hole where his entire face was like in loony tunes and he kept coming at me, this game is crazy.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i like the barbed wire aesthetic on some enemies, it's cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's the best version of RE4 if I've never played it before. Since this is a thread for scary game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

What's the best version of RE4 if I've never played it before. Since this is a thread for scary game

I like the gamecube version because I like the gamecube controller. The PS2 version had a lot more stuff, though. RE4 HD is probably the definitive edition.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
got a physical copy of siren blood curse for ps3. :twisted: its one of my favorite horror games

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Bobnumerotres posted:

Buy it off G2A for like 14 bucks.

Only bad thing about this game are the crashes. I don't know if it's an AMD thing but it just will not stop crashing on me.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

got a physical copy of siren blood curse for ps3. :twisted: its one of my favorite horror games

Wow how much did that set you back? Some of the best horror games had limited releases in the US. A ps2 copy of Fatal Frame 1 used to be nearly $100. FF2 is at 100 dollars new for some reason on Amazon. That wii version of it was pretty solid

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
sometimes there are incredible performance drops, the ladder in the village with chainsaw man is an example

i dropped down to like 3fps going up it

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doctor Goat posted:

sometimes there are incredible performance drops, the ladder in the village with chainsaw man is an example

i dropped down to like 3fps going up it

same. Hell, it's happening right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

NickRoweFillea posted:

RE4 HD is probably the definitive edition.

This is the answer

• Locked thread