Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Samurai's are good but I never use them. I don't wanna break my precious katanas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Their best skills are the support and reactive anyway. Shirahadori and Two Handed were tight.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Skylark posted:

A big gamer's welcome to sunny California! It's very warm this summer warmer than usual!
Thank you. My sister is having a baby but she lives in Humboldt County which is apparently totally on fire at the moment

In Training posted:

I would suggest Dragon Quest IV DS.
They didn't have DQIV but I bought V which I love but have only played emulated before. I also bought Rocket Slime and a couple of non-RPGs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Thank you. My sister is having a baby but she lives in Humboldt County which is apparently totally on fire at the moment

They didn't have DQIV but I bought V which I love but have only played emulated before. I also bought Rocket Slime and a couple of non-RPGs

No haul pic?

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Pablo Gigante posted:

Rocket Slime

That gane is really good

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

a bay posted:

That gane is really good

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

a bay posted:

That gane is really good

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
you probably won't get a chance to try the multiplayer, and that's tragic.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Pablo Gigante posted:

Rocket Slime

i had too much fun jumping into the enemy's ship and beating them down instead of actually paying attention to anything else

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

a cool thing u can do is like choose 2-3 classes that you will exclusively use the entire run.

i have done time mage and geomancer and it was the perfect difficulty level basically.

also i think aesthetically those classes really stand out

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

did yuou know there is a sequel to rocket slime but its japan only

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

No haul pic?
I'll post one tomorrow. After I got home from the mall I walked my dog and someone had put a box of free stuff on the curb. There was a boxed copy of Pokemon Platinum in there so I took that too

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

did yuou know there is a sequel to rocket slime but its japan only

I think I liked rocket slime more than an actual DQ game

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
rocket slime is so loving good

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the way that various skills and classes base their damage in FFT is cool. like Samurais basing sword art damage on the magic stat, so you can build a mostly Black Mage character and spec them into sword arts, and give them insta-cast status inflicting AOE attacks that destroy everything around them (or heal). or geomancers having one of the best physical attacks in the game, so you can build a character with equip knight sword who can deal out shitloads of physical damage while having a great support ability with huge range that inflicts statuses. i have it on my phone, but it kills my battery... i should get back to playing it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i really love reverse item in FFTA2 in concept but in execution it's boring

both gria and seeq feel really unfinished

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

reverse x-potion with double item effect can instakill or cripple almost any enemy but it's kinda boring yeah

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

the way that various skills and classes base their damage in FFT is cool. like Samurais basing sword art damage on the magic stat, so you can build a mostly Black Mage character and spec them into sword arts, and give them insta-cast status inflicting AOE attacks that destroy everything around them (or heal). or geomancers having one of the best physical attacks in the game, so you can build a character with equip knight sword who can deal out shitloads of physical damage while having a great support ability with huge range that inflicts statuses. i have it on my phone, but it kills my battery... i should get back to playing it

It's cool in concept but they did a really bad job balancing things to the point where on replays you kind of have to make your own fun by not using certain jobs or combos

It is really cool to figure out the uses of a lesser known class though

Still one of my favorites

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I nuked Elidibs with a 1 Bard + rest all Calculator party.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i never used named characters because i become invested in my generics and by the time i get someone i might want to use i'd rather just be building out someone i've spent half the game using. i might use mustadio or agrias this time though.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Doctor Goat posted:

FFTA 2 had that combo of a flying class and a move that did lots of damage if you back attack (you can back attack everything you fly), also a passive that made elemental magic do like double damage and you could mix it with the class that had strikes of every element to kill everything in one hit.

Also tricksters that could ultima strike from like 8 squares away, illusionist+magic frenzy to attack every unit on the map, red mage+summoner+blood price to be able to double cast summons from turn 1

FFTA series gets a lot of hate but the dumb job stuff was still fun

sector_corrector posted:

i never used named characters because i become invested in my generics and by the time i get someone i might want to use i'd rather just be building out someone i've spent half the game using. i might use mustadio or agrias this time though.

I did a named only run (no TG Cid) cuz I would never use them otherwise. By the end you still get too many they toss a bunch of the fun stuff on you in the absolute endgame

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

sector_corrector posted:

I used agrias because she's my role model

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

what retard hates ffta? It's not as good as OG tactics but they are still solid.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I don't like it because the plot and main character and judges all suck...

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Ogre Battle is really good though

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

what retard hates ffta? It's not as good as OG tactics but they are still solid.

A looooot of people hate FFTA

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I like the heaven and hell knight brother and sister quite a bit.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Ogre Battle is really good though

I love all Matsuno games... even FF12.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Even crimson shroud

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
FF12 is good

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Even crimson shroud

it was good, it only had a tiny budget

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Here is my haul pic from yesterday. Pokemon Platinum was found in a box on the sidewalk.

And here is my dog.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i would like ff12 a lot more if his vision hadn't been ruined by various nobodies

Charles Bukowski posted:

Samurai's are good but I never use them. I don't wanna break my precious katanas.

my favorite thing was to give the samurai katana skill thing to a black mage, because it's damage is based off of MA, and then have them just teleport into groups of enemies and pwn them

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Why stand around people when you can cast spells on your guys and time it so the target can Jump to the enemy and combo the spell with a downward stab?

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
in the original if something resolves mid-jump it misses, and if they've completed the jump, they are back where they started (not next to an enemy) afaik

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Pablo Gigante posted:

Here is my haul pic from yesterday. Pokemon Platinum was found in a box on the sidewalk.

And here is my dog.

nice haul big pab

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Good dog.

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH

Doctor Goat posted:

I really wanted to like Seeqs because they have two of my favorite FF classes in their list (Dark Knight and Viking) but I never really bothered using them. Maybe I'll do a Hard Mode run of FFTA2 and make sure I use at least one.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

I nuked Elidibs with a 1 Bard + rest all Calculator party.

you missed the point of the elidibs fight, which is to get zodiac on as many characters as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

it was good, it only had a tiny budget

I never played it actually just heard it was dissapointing

• Locked thread