Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Taken from my Github page

quote:

Awful Forums Reader is a Windows 10 UWP/Windows 8.1/Windows Phone 8.1 App. It allows you to access the Something Awful on a variety of different devices; Table, Phone, Desktop, and one day Xbox, IoT and Hololens (one can dream). It's really intended for tablets and phones, but it does work well on Desktops and could be extended further.

Along with my Awful Forums Library, my goal is to spread Something Awful to platforms where they may not be getting as much love. This time around I ve made some big UI and structural changes to go along with the move to making the app a Universal Windows Platform app. It has more features and is (hopefully) more stable than the Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone versions.

Here are some of the biggest changes and features:

Bookmark Notifications

Always finding yourself hitting F5 to see when your favorite threads are updated? Maybe you keep pulling down on your bookmarks list hoping to see those 0s turn into 1s. Well gently caress that. Let my app do the hard work for you! Just hold down on your bookmarked thread and add it to the notification list. Then AFR will auto check those threads every 15 minutes, and let you know when they are updated.

Now, you may be saying I'm on the desktop. I don't want to view these threads in your lovely webview when I can just use the browser. Well, I thought of that. Just turn on the setting to have all notifications launch the web browser instead! Now you can use the app for notifications, but not have to actually see threads in it! Ain't life grand!

(For this to work, you need to enable Bookmark Live Tiles for the moment, until I separate out the functions.)

Bookmark Live Tiles
See updates to your bookmarks as a live tile! Just enable the option and every 15 minutes you'll start seeing updates to threads appear.

Thread Drafts
Find yourself needing to bounce between multiple threads to make a reply? Maybe you just like making changes and saving your progress along the way. Now AFR let's you save and load drafts of new threads and replies to threads.

Responsive Design
In an attempt to make the app work better across multiple device types, AFR will scale threads and show different parts of the UI depending on the available screen space. The default view shows your threads and posts side by side. Avatars are shown next to posts, just as they are on the forums proper. Make the window smaller, and avatars will switch to be above posts (just like on mobile). Make it narrower and you'll get just the selected thread or post (How you would see it on Windows Phone, for example). Again, this is an attempt to make this kind of app work on more platforms than just tablets and phones. I am trying to make it nice for desktop users too.

Thread Tabs
AWF will now let you make 'tabs' of any forum thread or in-thread link to another thread. Just open the Tabs menu to see the ones currently saved. Note that you can't have any notification on these threads, nor can you see the current replies unread. If you want that, you have to make them bookmarks.

Search
Search for threads from within the app. I still need to make the views nicer, but at lest it works :v:.

SAclopedia
In case you wanted to view something on SAclopedia without opening up the site itself, now you can do it through my app! It's the only Awful app that allows this. Probably because no one actually uses it. But hey! It's there! :v:

Probably more!

Seriously, there are tons of little things I made better/worse. I can't keep track of them.

:frogsiren: Bugs!!11 :frogsiren:

There are some bugs I know about. If anyone has issues or requests please don't hesitate to post here or in the project.log thread.

• Embedded Images do not show under posts. (Malformed HTML, should be simple to fix)
  • Main Forum list is not in correct order when reloading the app. (Database ID issue. It's sorting the list by that, which is not how the main page is listed)
  • Margin issues on some pages with the page header when the window is shrunk (this is due to a refactoring of removing the back button in the app, and replacing it with the universal back button in the window frame.)
  • Thread Icons missing for some threads (We need to make more for the ones that are missing)
  • Changing Backgrounds is Disabled (About 99% sure I'm removing this feature. Because I'm adding true theme support which would make this function redundant)
  • Weird layouts in general (Text not aligned in the split view, 0 reply counter is not bright enough, search view looks like poo poo.)
  • Platinum icon does not appear in YOSPOS or when using the dark theme. (Need to add the right CSS for that.)
  • Weird encoding issues in threads (This is because I had to hack around Windows Phone issues with encoding, and didn't remove it for this release. But it will, because it should not be necessary anymore)
  • (Place your issue here)

Drastic Actions fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention
Getting a download error from the store, I'm assuming that's just it getting hammered by all the people updating though.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

TopherCStone posted:

Getting a download error from the store, I'm assuming that's just it getting hammered by all the people updating though.

I pushed an update to the store an hour or so ago to fix some of the bugs above. So it might be in flux for a bit if they are about to pass it.

EDIT: Yeah, the update just got published. So it should be in the store now or shortly.

Drastic Actions fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 30, 2015

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Would it be possible to make a dark mode that applies to the whole app and not just threads?

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

TheJoker138 posted:

Would it be possible to make a dark mode that applies to the whole app and not just threads?

Yes... kinda... maybe. Dark mode is built into the app, but it uses the Windows theming system for turning it on or off. Windows Mobile 10 (and Windows Phone) have that option for light and dark mode. Windows 10 for Desktops/Tablets, for whatever reason, does not. So if I want to enable it on there, I need to make it an option and change the requested theme in the app itself. It's the same thing Groove and those other apps do. But I'm also making a Theme Manager so that I can add more than just a light and dark theme. It can have N number of themes, as many as I can make (I've already made a YOSPOS theme for it, for example.). You can see work on it in my Project.Log thread.

Now, depending on how much time I have to finish the theme manager, I will either wait and get that done or just make a box for just the light and dark theme. At the very least, a dark mode does exist in the app and it should be fully ready. I just need a way of exposing the option.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Drastic Actions posted:

Yes... kinda... maybe. Dark mode is built into the app, but it uses the Windows theming system for turning it on or off. Windows Mobile 10 (and Windows Phone) have that option for light and dark mode. Windows 10 for Desktops/Tablets, for whatever reason, does not. So if I want to enable it on there, I need to make it an option and change the requested theme in the app itself. It's the same thing Groove and those other apps do. But I'm also making a Theme Manager so that I can add more than just a light and dark theme. It can have N number of themes, as many as I can make (I've already made a YOSPOS theme for it, for example.). You can see work on it in my Project.Log thread.

Now, depending on how much time I have to finish the theme manager, I will either wait and get that done or just make a box for just the light and dark theme. At the very least, a dark mode does exist in the app and it should be fully ready. I just need a way of exposing the option.

Cool. I'm eagerly awaiting this feature, as it's the only thing that is stopping me from just totally switching over to it. Honestly just having this app open on 2/3 of the screen and Facebook messenger on the remaining and I'll hardly ever have to open Chrome again.

E: Also having all your read threads with unread posts in it show up at the top of the individual sub forums when you go into them would be nice.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 31, 2015

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle
I can't see new Win10 app in store yet, just old Win8 version. Looks like store is quite slow to update across all regions.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Stubb Dogg posted:

I can't see new Win10 app in store yet, just old Win8 version. Looks like store is quite slow to update across all regions.

I didn't update the screenshots. Just download it and it should be the 10 version. I'm updating it for the next release.

Also I did update the release notes, but those are not updating no matter what I do. :shrug:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I like the reader. Would be nice to have some of the swipe gestures to go back to the forums listing or the bookmarks, like the android app.

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle

Drastic Actions posted:

I didn't update the screenshots. Just download it and it should be the 10 version. I'm updating it for the next release.

Also I did update the release notes, but those are not updating no matter what I do. :shrug:
I had to uninstall Win8 version to force it to update, posting this from Win10 one now.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

TheJoker138 posted:

Cool. I'm eagerly awaiting this feature, as it's the only thing that is stopping me from just totally switching over to it. Honestly just having this app open on 2/3 of the screen and Facebook messenger on the remaining and I'll hardly ever have to open Chrome again.

E: Also having all your read threads with unread posts in it show up at the top of the individual sub forums when you go into them would be nice.

Coming in the next release. There is already an option in settings for having it sort by unread in Bookmarks, but I can extend that to subforums too.

notZaar posted:

I like the reader. Would be nice to have some of the swipe gestures to go back to the forums listing or the bookmarks, like the android app.

Android gets that feature for free (it's built into the UI framework). Windows does not, so I would have to make a custom solution. I could, but it's a low priority. That would be something I would do when I start ramping for Windows Mobile 10's release. But don't hold out on it, sorry :(

Stubb Dogg posted:

I had to uninstall Win8 version to force it to update, posting this from Win10 one now.

Weird, I guess the store is funky like that.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Pushed a new version to the store with the changes outlined in my last post. It should be live soon.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I really like the app because it lets me leave the forums open on my second monitor while gaming but I've noticed the options jdon't seem to turn on. :(

Especially the one where it opens to Bookmarks instead of the main forums.

EDIT: poo poo accidentally removed it and now the store claims it's still installed and I can't reinstall it.. Looks like it fixed itself somehow!

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 31, 2015

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

ThermoPhysical posted:

I really like the app because it lets me leave the forums open on my second monitor while gaming but I've noticed the options jdon't seem to turn on. :(

Especially the one where it opens to Bookmarks instead of the main forums.

Well, most do :v:. The theme setting and bookmark sorting options are getting reset when you reenter the settings page (that's a bug and I'll fix it soon). For the theme setting, after setting it, you must restart the app to see it change. Dark mode in threads does work. Bookmark live tiles only work if you use the wide setting for the tile (I need to write the text for every variation of tile, and I only did it for wide at the moment. More are coming.) And it order to get notifications, you must enable the live tile support since right now they use the same background process.

The setting does save for launching into bookmarks... but I didn't rehook up the function for 10 :doh:. I'll fix it. Auto-Refresh was originally meant for the phone version only, and I'm not sure if that function is going to stay anyway.

I need to clean it up, but the other functions should work. The page was originally used for the Windows Phone 8.1 version and I just moved it over to 10 and didn't bother the whole "Checking to make sure the options work or make sense". I need to give it a good rethink.

Drastic Actions fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 31, 2015

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Drastic Actions posted:

Well, most do :v:. The theme setting and bookmark sorting options are getting reset when you reenter the settings page (that's a bug and I'll fix it soon). For the theme setting, after setting it, you must restart the app to see it change. Dark mode in threads does work. Bookmark live tiles only work if you use the wide setting for the tile (I need to write the text for every variation of tile, and I only did it for wide at the moment. More are coming.) And it order to get notifications, you must enable the live tile support since right now they use the same background process.

The setting does save for launching into bookmarks... but I didn't rehook up the function for 10 :doh:. I'll fix it. Auto-Refresh was originally meant for the phone version only, and I'm not sure if that function is going to stay anyway.

I need to clean it up, but the other functions should work. The page was originally used for the Windows Phone 8.1 version and I just moved it over to 10 and didn't bother the whole "Checking to make sure the options work or make sense". I need to give it a good rethink.

Auto Refresh would actually be nice for me because I like to snap the app to the side and just do stuff and let it refresh, but I realize that's probably an edge case so I could understand just removing it.

Opening to bookmarks would be nice though.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

ThermoPhysical posted:

Auto Refresh would actually be nice for me because I like to snap the app to the side and just do stuff and let it refresh, but I realize that's probably an edge case so I could understand just removing it.

Opening to bookmarks would be nice though.

The way "Auto Refresh" worked was basically "Navigate to a thread, navigate back to the thread list, thread list refresh". It was not "Auto refresh thread lists on a timer". It was meant for the phone because before on the phone version, there was no pull to refresh, so you had to keep hitting the refresh button to see the new threads, and that was annoying.

I can make a timer "Auto Refresh" function too. I'll think about it.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Drastic Actions posted:

The way "Auto Refresh" worked was basically "Navigate to a thread, navigate back to the thread list, thread list refresh". It was not "Auto refresh thread lists on a timer". It was meant for the phone because before on the phone version, there was no pull to refresh, so you had to keep hitting the refresh button to see the new threads, and that was annoying.

I can make a timer "Auto Refresh" function too. I'll think about it.

I'm noticing that the app only reads from the first page of the bookmarks and I can't seem to find a way to go to the next page.

Oh! Ok yeah I get it now. Auto Refresh on a timer is what I thought it was. Would that put a strain on the servers or something to do that though?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Posting fro Win 10 version now!

Dumb little bug also present in the Windows Phone 8.1 version is the unread post count going into negative when returning to bookmarks.

Also the posting view has the same button icons for Post and Preview.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

nielsm posted:

Posting fro Win 10 version now!

Dumb little bug also present in the Windows Phone 8.1 version is the unread post count going into negative when returning to bookmarks.

Also the posting view has the same button icons for Post and Preview.

App crashed right after posting this.

Edit (from browser): And also after making this post.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

nielsm posted:

App crashed right after posting this.

Edit (from browser): And also after making this post.

Congrads, you are the lucky person who got the first crash (picked up by AppInsights)! :toot:

First, your device name is hosed up which is interesting. But I have no call stack nor anything else useful for figuring out what happened. But you are the first, so... :shrug:. I'm posting this from the app (using the store version) and it works fine. So I'm not sure if you just got hit by something by happenstance or what.

I have not seen flat out crashes yet unless I'm in gif heavy threads (And I'm working on fixing that).

For the other stuff you mentioned, I fixed the post/preview icon (There are no good icons for those, hence why I left them the same.) and now it should not go below 0 for the reply counts (I've known about it for a long time, I was just lazy about fixing it :v:)

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The first time I loaded the app it dumped me right back to Metro after the splash screen, that didn't count as a crash?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Drastic Actions posted:

Congrads, you are the lucky person who got the first crash (picked up by AppInsights)! :toot:

First, your device name is hosed up which is interesting. But I have no call stack nor anything else useful for figuring out what happened. But you are the first, so... :shrug:. I'm posting this from the app (using the store version) and it works fine. So I'm not sure if you just got hit by something by happenstance or what.

I have not seen flat out crashes yet unless I'm in gif heavy threads (And I'm working on fixing that).

For the other stuff you mentioned, I fixed the post/preview icon (There are no good icons for those, hence why I left them the same.) and now it should not go below 0 for the reply counts (I've known about it for a long time, I was just lazy about fixing it :v:)

I've only had two crashes, though, not four as your metrics say. Probably going to log one more now either way.

Is the device name supposed to be a hardware description? Mine is an Intel NUC with Celeron-brand CPU. Going to attempt installing an UEFI firmware update after this.

Edit: Oh hey no crash this time!

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

The first time I loaded the app it dumped me right back to Metro after the splash screen, that didn't count as a crash?

There was someone who got an ArgumentException (Bug in Azure Application Insights, a race condition that caused it to crash when loading the app). I had to update the library and it got pushed out in the first update. One of them was me, but looking at it the other was not my computer, so that's probably you. So congrads to you then! :toot:

That bug should not occur anymore, or at least I have not seen it since that first release.

EDIT:

nielsm posted:

I've only had two crashes, though, not four as your metrics say. Probably going to log one more now either way.

Is the device name supposed to be a hardware description? Mine is an Intel NUC with Celeron-brand CPU. Going to attempt installing an UEFI firmware update after this.

Edit: Oh hey no crash this time!

Not sure why it's showing 4, other than Azure is being weird. :shrug:.

Device name is whatever the OEM supplied (one of the devices is my list is "To be filled by O.E.M", so who knows). I'm not sure what caused it to go weird on your hardware. I'll have to look into it...

Drastic Actions fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 31, 2015

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

The app seemed to work fine right after install, but after using it for an hour I noticed that it randomly stopped working for a second, I couldn't scroll the thread or click on anything, it fixed itself after a second or two with my actions happening at once, after using it more i started happening more often, right now it does that every 30 seconds or so, task manager shows that every time it happens the app itself and remote procedure call(RPC) get more than 30% processor time each.

It's a fresh windows 10 install, I wiped everything during upgrade.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

porkinson posted:

The app seemed to work fine right after install, but after using it for an hour I noticed that it randomly stopped working for a second, I couldn't scroll the thread or click on anything, it fixed itself after a second or two with my actions happening at once, after using it more i started happening more often, right now it does that every 30 seconds or so, task manager shows that every time it happens the app itself and remote procedure call(RPC) get more than 30% processor time each.

It's a fresh windows 10 install, I wiped everything during upgrade.

I've seen that happen before, but it's rare. As far as I know, it depends on the threads you read and what gets loaded into the webview. My current theory on it is that it's not unloading the webview cache when you switch threads. So even though I'm replacing the HTML, it's not getting rid of what's there already. So that starts screwing up other parts of the app.

I usually only go to what's in my bookmarks, so I don't get it (My longest session was one day so far. For most people right now it's around two hours). I'm working on fixing this so that I completely clean the webview so it will lower the memory usage. That should also fix this.

porkinson
Jan 20, 2015

Drastic Actions posted:

I've seen that happen before, but it's rare. As far as I know, it depends on the threads you read and what gets loaded into the webview. My current theory on it is that it's not unloading the webview cache when you switch threads. So even though I'm replacing the HTML, it's not getting rid of what's there already. So that starts screwing up other parts of the app.

I usually only go to what's in my bookmarks, so I don't get it (My longest session was one day so far. For most people right now it's around two hours). I'm working on fixing this so that I completely clean the webview so it will lower the memory usage. That should also fix this.
Ok, that's great.
After restarting the app everything seems to be working fine. From what you said it might have been caused by me searching for threads to add to the tabs, this was the first time I started the app so I went looking all over the forums for the threads I read.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Got the app and it's great! Right off the bat though I'd say this :

- It only displays the thread title if the app window it small enough to only display the thread and not the bookmarks. Seeing the word Bookmarks is unnecessary and unhelpful - can it simply state the current thread title at all times?
- I can't see a Bookmark Thread button anywhere? If it's there it isn't entirely obvious to me.

Otherwise it all seems pretty excellent and it scales beautifully. I'd love to see a Favourite Smileys feature added, but otherwise I'm good!

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Got the app and it's great! Right off the bat though I'd say this :

- It only displays the thread title if the app window it small enough to only display the thread and not the bookmarks. Seeing the word Bookmarks is unnecessary and unhelpful - can it simply state the current thread title at all times?
- I can't see a Bookmark Thread button anywhere? If it's there it isn't entirely obvious to me.

Otherwise it all seems pretty excellent and it scales beautifully. I'd love to see a Favourite Smileys feature added, but otherwise I'm good!

For Smilies, it saves searches. So if you use that it can act as a makeshift favorites list for now.

To add or remove a bookmark, just hold down or right click on a thread in the thread list. It's an option.

Changing "Bookmarks" or the Subforum name in that view is, at the moment, not trivial. Without getting too technical, I have to think about it.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Drastic Actions posted:

To add or remove a bookmark, just hold down or right click on a thread in the thread list. It's an option.

However this doesn't solve the problem of following a link from thread A, which I'm already reading, directly to thread B which I want to bookmark. Since I can't bookmark the thread from inside the thread view, I'd have to browse back to the forums index (which is far away since I navigated to thread A from my bookmarks), locate thread B in the index, then bookmark it.

Personally, I almost never bookmark threads from a forums index, I only do it from the thread view since that's where I decide if I want to keep reading it.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

nielsm posted:

However this doesn't solve the problem of following a link from thread A, which I'm already reading, directly to thread B which I want to bookmark. Since I can't bookmark the thread from inside the thread view, I'd have to browse back to the forums index (which is far away since I navigated to thread A from my bookmarks), locate thread B in the index, then bookmark it.

Personally, I almost never bookmark threads from a forums index, I only do it from the thread view since that's where I decide if I want to keep reading it.

Then I'll add it to the overflow menu at the bottom of the thread, under "Add to Thread Tabs". Problem solved. :)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

New dark mode looks great. Soon as the threads you've opened but have unread posts stuff go to the top thing is in, I'll probably start using this as my main way of viewing the forums. Excellent work so far.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm not home for a few hours but I'm looking forward to giving this a try on my Surface. And hell maybe on my desktop too if I like it :v:

Question, does it have tabs or a similar analogue? My "SA" Chrome window is basically eight tabs of different fora that I ctrl-tab through and refresh when I'm bored.

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011
I'm not seeing an unread count in the bookmarks list, or anywhere else for that matter. Anyone else have this problem? I thought I might just need to log out and in again but I can't work out how to do that either.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Tgent posted:

I'm not seeing an unread count in the bookmarks list, or anywhere else for that matter. Anyone else have this problem? I thought I might just need to log out and in again but I can't work out how to do that either.

I just figured out that in order for this to work, you have to have thread highlighting turned on in the User Control Panel. Specifically, "Highlight threads I've seen in a different color." If that's not set, then unread counts won't show up.

Issue I'm seeing right now is that even though I have it set, it won't launch directly into bookmarks on startup.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

bull3964 posted:

I just figured out that in order for this to work, you have to have thread highlighting turned on in the User Control Panel. Specifically, "Highlight threads I've seen in a different color." If that's not set, then unread counts won't show up.

Issue I'm seeing right now is that even though I have it set, it won't launch directly into bookmarks on startup.

Yeah, you should not need to do that. So something broke along the way. I'll look at it.

The other issue I already know from earlier. The option is not hook into anything. I'll fix it soon.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
So theoretically there should be an update published soon that will fix some of the issues you guys have. The "Launch to Bookmark" setting is fixed, replies should no longer go below 0, and it should get all of your bookmarked pages.

I say theoretically because it has been pending release for the past two hours, and has yet to be released. It passed cert, but I'm waiting for it to be published. :(

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Is there a fix for not seeing any other forums than "main"? Everything else seems to be working...I can see them under "search" but not home.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

kri kri posted:

Is there a fix for not seeing any other forums than "main"? Everything else seems to be working...I can see them under "search" but not home.

There might have been an issue with the forums rendering the dropdown box used to get the forum names and ids. So that would cause it to not show all the forums. The search page, if I remember correctly, renders that list every time from the forums. But the main page saves the list to a database and calls that every other time. Since it hosed up the first time, you're only gonna see that hosed up version.

Until I re-add the "Refresh forums" and "Logout" functions (They are written, I just need to expose them in the UI) the only thing you can do is uninstall and reinstall the app and try again. Sorry, it will be fixed at some point :shrug:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's probably not an issue you can fix but I straight up can't download the app onto my phone from the Windows Store. Got it on my PC and everything else I download on my phone works fine but Awful just doesn't want to download, though it shows up in my apps list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

njsykora posted:

It's probably not an issue you can fix but I straight up can't download the app onto my phone from the Windows Store. Got it on my PC and everything else I download on my phone works fine but Awful just doesn't want to download, though it shows up in my apps list.

It might be because of this. The update is not being published, so that could be the issue. And I can't cancel the submission and make a new one. Thanks Microsoft! :thumbsup: If it's not fixed by tomorrow I'll try and talk to someone there to see what's up. Otherwise if your phone is on Windows Mobile 10 insider build, it won't work (the current build uses an earlier SDK which won't work with the desktop RTM one.) If you're trying to run the 8.1 build, then it might be because of the publishing issue.

• Locked thread