Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ehhhhh I guess no one made a thread about this so I'll bite the bullet.

Chaos Dragon: Sekiryu Seneki is an anime by studio Silver Link based on a tabletop RPG campaign created and ran by Makoto Sanda (Writer of Mental Magica) for his famous players, Gen Urobuchi (Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero, Valvrave [lol]), Kinoko Nasu (Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night), Ryohgo Narita (Baccano, DRRR!), Kougyoku Izuki (Mimizuku and the King of Night) and Shima Drill (Some random doujin dude). Some people may recognize that it's the same way Lodoss War came to be! Well, that's because Japan has a thing where tabletop sessions are sometimes novelized, in this case, the original campaign was named Red Dragon, but I have no idea why they changed it.

Story

The story is based on the small island nation of Nil Kamui. Situated between the large empires of D'Nastia and Kouran, it is suddenly invaded by the latter while the former takes off another chunk of the island with the excuse of protecting D'Nastian citizens. Meanwhile, the guardian god of the island, the Red Dragon, has lost its mind and went berserk on several villages, to the point that an expedition team is made by the factions fighting for the island in order to subdue the creature.

Characters

Ibuki
VA: Marina Inoue
Player: Simadoriru

The current heir of the Nil Kamui royal family and a total wimp, his bloodline is the only one that can unlock the power of the Red Dragon and make a covenant that kills everyone close to him in compensation.

Max Stat: Girlishness.
Min Stat: Luck with relationships.

Swallow Crastvallley
VA: Soma Saito
Player: Kinoko Nasu

A knight from the D'Nastia Black Dragon Order, he has a curse that empowers any object that he touches but also destroys it soon after, which bankrupted him and his family. So he's a loving Saber Clone with Archer's Broken Phantasm crap, goddamnit Nasu!!!

Max Stat: Leadership
Min Stat: Financial Luck.

Eiha
VA: Miyuki Sawashiro (Too good for this role...)
Player: Izuki Kogyoku.

A girl from a race called Bounded Ones who is fused with a giant flying dog demon. Flat in personality and appearance.

Max Stat: Dog.
Min Stat: Personality.

Luo Zhenhua
VA: Maaya Ushida.
Player: Gen Urobuchi (Obviously)

An assassin from Kouran who has a talking sword that is as bloodthirsty as she is. Deffo trustworthy. Was a dude on the original game but it's a babe now so I ain't complaining.

Max Stat: Sexiness.
Min Stat: Sanity.

"Undead Merchant" Kagraba
VA: Unshou Ishizuka
Player: Ryogo Narita

A ghost possessing a diving suit? A robot? Whatever he is, this guy is the richest motherfucker on Earth, with his own private city and five percent of the World's wealth.

Max Stat: ????
Min Stat: ????

NPCs

Like I give a gently caress.

Where is airing?

Uhhh Funimation I guess if you don't torrent it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Both were bad 2013 spring mecha ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Luo and Kagraba are the best and they should get the spotlight instead of that little bitch Ibuki and his dog ear gf (I don't mind Swellow).

Also get the gun general for the party because she's cool.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I forgot I made this thread does the anime ever gets good after the 5th episode because that's where I dropped it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

what a loving fakeout jesus

• Locked thread