Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

I'm sorry but the weirder news to me is Neil Labute showrunning a Val Helsing series for SyFy. What the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Rhyno posted:

Ryan Robbins (Brad) is doing a stint on Arrow this season if anyone but me cares.

Rhyno posted:

He just popped up on Once Upon a Time but I honestly recommend you don't watch as it's poo poo.

tasslex posted:

He's rocking it on Arrow right now as a random merc on the island.

Rhyno posted:

And Once Upon A Time!

Just in case any of you missed this important information on the previous page. I was blown away.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I suddenly have a craving for a sandwich.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
More Simon Barry news; he's writing a zombie cop drama (:wtc:) for CBS. :negative: Because the world needed yet another loving zombie show.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Kesper North posted:

More Simon Barry news; he's writing a zombie cop drama (:wtc:) for CBS. :negative: Because the world needed yet another loving zombie show.

iZombie is actually really great. But I wont be watching a second zombie cop drama.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Air is lava! posted:

iZombie is actually really great. But I wont be watching a second zombie cop drama.

I will grant you that, the personality-absorption gimmick is clever and Rose McIver is absolutely adorable and pulls it off well. But still.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
Honestly this sounds kind of dumb but also pretty awesome. I'm conflicted.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
BEARD SIGHTED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rxoz13Bthc

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I am just going to assume from now on that all media sharing any Continuum actors are additional seasons played out of order.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Travis was in the last episode of Limitless.

Also the whole episode was Ferris Bueller-themed, it was magical.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

WarLocke posted:

Nope. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0948272/

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

WarLocke posted:

:stare:

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

WarLocke posted:

Also the whole episode was Ferris Bueller-themed, it was magical.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I'm glad I'm not the only person that went "Oh, poo poo, it's Tonkin" when he popped up in the trailer.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
This TV show sure was real good since we're all still talking about it, the TV show Continuum, which is what this thread is for.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
At first I thought another subforum was leaking, but nope.

Thank you for reminding me that this is something that exists.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Well poo poo, he looked just like him.

At least Brad is getting work on Arrow...

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

WarLocke posted:

Well poo poo, he looked just like him.

:stare:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Both are bald and black. What else do you want.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This reminds me of a guy I know who refers to every black actor as Omar Epps.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Literally every time someone says an actor who looks like another actor they are racist. Unless it's white actors because there are NEVER white actors who are ever confused with any others. :rolleyes:

Thanks for heroically raising our awareness of this racism!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's usually black people though. And I don't think it's racism. There are studies about this happening.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Goon facial blindness strikes again.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Mu Zeta posted:

It's usually black people though. And I don't think it's racism. There are studies about this happening.

People of different ethnicities have trouble with it sometimes. I'm a black dude and one of my professors used to get me and another student mixed up because we were both the same height and same stature despite looking nothing alike. He also mixed up one of my friends, who's Filipino and a Hispanic guy who was in the same class with him.

That being said: Malik Yoba and Roger Cross look nothing alike. Gotdamn.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

If all you had to go on was a split second glance of both I might understand it but yeah they're pretty distinct

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Astroman posted:

Unless it's white actors because there are NEVER white actors who are ever confused with any others.

Only Dylan McDermott and Dermot Mulrooney.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Longbaugh01 posted:

Only Dylan McDermott and Dermot Mulrooney.

I can't watch Turn without being wierded out that JJ Feild and Tom Hiddleston are not, in fact, the same guy...

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I caught up on the last season recently and really happy they were able to end the series with something, rather than just a cancellation. That ending was pretty brutal though, "all is safe and well but you still can't have what you wanted".

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Mu Zeta posted:

Both are bald and black. What else do you want.

I'll be honest, I'm a minority and I had no idea that in New Girl, Coach and Winston were two different people until Coach came back. Coach left in the pilot, and it was just Winston the rest of the season, and I just never noticed until they were both in the same scene together. It took me some time to realize Bill Murray was not Robin Williams.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks like we might have a chance of avoiding Kiera's timeline.

http://sustainablepulse.com/2015/12/03/monsanto-put-on-trial-for-crimes-against-humanity-in-the-hague/#.VmU03LgrLIV

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Won't lie, this article is pretty lovely. I'm a bioengineer phd candidate and I'm pretty sure this is written by an anti-science person who has no idea what any of those chemicals are, doing just the minimum amount of research to understand them.

Was Agent Orange a bad idea by Monsanto? Sure, but it came out in the 70s, when the EPA was just being established, when the Green Revolution had just started, and when so many pesticides that were effective but didn't consider environmental issues were around. Farmers were still using DDT (THE WORST PESTICIDE IN THE WORLD), highly poisonous, highly carcinogenic, whose creator won the nobel prize in medicine for it -Why? Because environmental issues just weren't considered until after the 70's. After they were implemented, Monsanto followed those regulations pretty well. Roundup is the result of that. Roundup is amazing.

Roundup is carcinogenic, sure, but only in excessive quantities, meaning you'd actually have to drink gallons of glyphosphate to even risk cancer. And it is drinkable, just it would taste pretty terrible and this is not how it is supposed to be used anyway. It's actually about as carcinogenic as liquor (maybe less), and it's not even close to actual carcinogenic items like cigarettes. It does it's job as an herbicide.

Roundup poses no threat to humans: http://www.ask-force.org/web/HerbizideTol/Williams-Safety-Evaluation-Risk-Assessment-RR-2000.pdf
Published in Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology. There are a bunch of articles like that published on the safety of roundup. That's an old article though, scientists recently classified it as a class 2a carcinogen. What does that mean? It literally means that ingesting roundup is like standing out in the sun. I'm not joking, they're in the same category. It's as dangerous as taking common antibiotics. Here's a full list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IARC_Group_2A_carcinogens

The hatred against Monsanto is a bit overplayed. They might have bad business practices, but their science is pretty sound. People who hate GMOs don't realize that everything they eat is genetically modified. You want Starbucks? GMO coffee. Can you get non-gmo coffee? Sure but it's going to be way more expensive and the country that exports the most coffee beans, Brazil, is currently fighting a terrible virus that is killing coffee bean plants at a rapid pace, unless they're GMO. But people hate GMOs, so naturally they hate Monsanto. Or it's the other way, People hate monsanto, so they hate GMOs. Which is worse?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Take it to the tinfoil thread.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Take it to the Liber8 Did Nothing Wrong camps.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
That article is retarded. The real problem with Monsanto isn't pesticides, it's the fact that they patent crops and basically issue DMCA takedowns to farmers whose fields are colonized by Monsanto products. They also do stuff like make seeds which grow plants that do not have the capability to propagate themselves; the concern is that we won't be able to grow enough food for people anymore because Monsanto wants a license fee every growth season, and their business practices make the Business Software Alliance look like Mister Rogers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus Christ who cares about the contents of the article, I was just making a joke.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kesper North posted:

That article is retarded. The real problem with Monsanto isn't pesticides, it's the fact that they patent crops and basically issue DMCA takedowns to farmers whose fields are colonized by Monsanto products. They also do stuff like make seeds which grow plants that do not have the capability to propagate themselves; the concern is that we won't be able to grow enough food for people anymore because Monsanto wants a license fee every growth season, and their business practices make the Business Software Alliance look like Mister Rogers.

monsanto is scummy, but the fields taken over by monsanto products is a myth. the farmer was trying to steal their poo poo for free and they sued him.

the terminator plants are a mixed bag. yea it's real lovely you have to rebuy seeds every season, but the alternative is that the super awesome strain you are planting gets into the wild and takes over everything replacing natural plants

they are still poo poo though

Apoplexy posted:

Liber8 Did Nothing Wrong

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Slandible posted:

I caught up on the last season recently and really happy they were able to end the series with something, rather than just a cancellation. That ending was pretty brutal though, "all is safe and well but you still can't have what you wanted".

Hell yeah. It was a rock solid ending. I love that they were able to accomplish so much and tie off so many loose ends in just six episodes. It was some excellent writing.

I admit I'm pretty sad now that it's over, though. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Finally got to see the final six episodes. I must say I was satisfied with the ending even though I would have liked to have at least one more direct confrontation with the traveler to explain just a tad more about the timelines.

Am I correct to assume the Traveler is originating from a future beyond the one Kiera, Kagame and Alec have their reunion in? So he was able to go back to it the moment Kellogg was no longer part of the equation and Alec had his mind set to not creating the corporate future.

We still got some loose threads, which i guess is fine.

Really glad they got the support and funds to finish the story in a proper way and not leave us hanging like they did for similar series.

• Locked thread