Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
What's implied to be in the note is things he'd wanted to say to his father before he was sent back and couldn't do so any longer. Probably things about wanting to be a better son and wanting to have a better father, given that Future Alec seemed like he would've sucked as a dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Astroman posted:

Count me in with the people who was surprised Julian wasn't there to meet Kiera, as I'm pretty sure they showed him as being still alive but in jail in the future. I suppose in the new timeline he just died accidentally doing something fun like hang gliding in the pristine forests of Canada since he didn't have a revolution to lead.

It really sucks for the actress who played Emily, whose character got written into the finale as a quick dialogue reference in the final scene.

Tip for future writers of an action-adventure television series who enjoy writing in fight scenes for poorly constructed reasons: don't write out the actors who are the best at stage fighting.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

WarLocke posted:

Twelve Monkeys is just a good show, period. Good chemistry all around. Bromance is good, flower killer dude is creepy as gently caress, watch the show.

It's an example of a movie adaptation that tried to do its own thing, managed it, then ran with it. It's very tonally different than the movie was, but it holds itself together as its own thing.

Yeah. Even more depressing then Continuum at its most nihilistic though.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

grilldos posted:

It really sucks for the actress who played Emily, whose character got written into the finale as a quick dialogue reference in the final scene.

Tip for future writers of an action-adventure television series who enjoy writing in fight scenes for poorly constructed reasons: don't write out the actors who are the best at stage fighting.

Pretty sure she used a stunt double. I think you meant 'characters,' you loving idiot.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I just moved home to Seattle from NYC. I don't think any of my IRL friends will get the reference when I tell them it feels like landing in the good future in 2077. :3:

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Hard Clumping posted:

Pretty sure she used a stunt double. I think you meant 'characters,' you loving idiot.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
There's no way they wanted to write her out -- I mean, the show had multiple opportunities to do so in the past and kept bringing her back. Usually at the end of a season too -- which suggests that they renewed her contract yearly, and wasn't sure if they could continue to do so every year.

It had to have been a combination of time and budget. She probably wasn't available.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS
lil season 1 recap i did

since this is a time show you can read the panels in any order and it still makes sense. gotta love this show

Hard Clumping fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 18, 2015

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
What in the gently caress is this poo poo

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Yeah, that was a pretty drat good ending. Bittersweet as gently caress, but really the only way it could have happened short of Keira going back to literally the same future, which would kind of make all the sacrifices leading up to it pointless. :negative:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

WarLocke posted:

Yeah, that was a pretty drat good ending. Bittersweet as gently caress, but really the only way it could have happened short of Keira going back to literally the same future, which would kind of make all the sacrifices leading up to it pointless. :negative:

I honestly thought that was where they were going--she could have her son but Alec and everyone else had to go through 60 years of predestination paradox dystopia. I like the feel good ending though.

I also never buy comics, but I will absolutely buy every issue of Kellogg's Adventures in 10,000 BC Vancouver. :allears:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Astroman posted:

I also never buy comics, but I will absolutely buy every issue of Kellogg's Adventures in 10,000 BC Vancouver. :allears:

I like to think of that as Alec sending Kellogg to the one place he can't bullshit his way out of, and his stay there was short and painful.

Man, gently caress Kellogg.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Hey guys, big fan of Continue Mom here and I just gotta say, it's been a real swell ride watching all my favorite timelines and action on the TV screen. A heartfelt goodbye to all my favorite characters including Continue Mom, Carlo's, Cereal Heir, Smoking Man, Little Smoking Man, Eduauauard, Little Smoking Man The Sequel (RIP), Roger The Cross, Grown Up Little Smoking Man, and North Hollywood.

May your timeball sent back to native times remain an option for future show revival. Signed, a big fan.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Okay, there's something that's bugged me for the longest time and I don't know how I missed it:

There's two time balls, right? But it's actually the same time ball, the second one is brought back with Alec when he goes back in time a week, correct?

So why does one time ball have a single mismatched larger bronze wedge, while the other time ball is all the same type of wedges?

I honestly must have missed whatever happened there. :negative:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC Alec stole a wedge from the other time ball to stop anyone else from using it and they ended up kind of kludging a replacement.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yes. You'll note that, in the final episode, Jason grabbed a full time ball and a single slice from Alec's place. That extra slice is the one that was Frankensteined together by Piron for the second ball.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something goofy from the finale was the cop who got his head blown off. It was so out of place.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Mr. man who nailed the thread title has been sent one (1) avatar cert. Use responsibly!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

muscles like this? posted:

Something goofy from the finale was the cop who got his head blown off. It was so out of place.

As I sat alone in my room watching that scene, I raised my hands and looked towards the ceiling and said "That was pretty uncalled for."

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

WarLocke posted:

I like to think of that as Alec sending Kellogg to the one place he can't bullshit his way out of, and his stay there was short and painful.

Man, gently caress Kellogg.

The next moment after they cut back to the future was either him taking a spear to the chest or them bowing down and worshipping him as a god. :allears:

Maybe in the New Improved 2077 they realize there is some horrible damage to Time that can only be corrected by someone who is a genetic anomaly--they come from a timeline that never existed and were never born and figure Kellogg, whose grandmother died as a child, would be perfect for the task. So they send Our Kiera back to 10,000 BC VC to pick him up, she comes 5 years late and he's rocking some awesome life as the ruler of a local tribe, inventing all kinds of anachronistic poo poo and still wearing a suit. :allears:

Never underestimate Kellogg.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS
Looking back, i dont think i did enough justice to my season 1 recap, and i apologize for that, so i went into some more detail here

Feel free to add these to the OP to help people new to the show.

Hard Clumping fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 22, 2015

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Kellogg could do even more damage that far back in the past, if the indians didn't murder him first. Imagine him telling them how to make guns or even just compound bows or crossbows or any number of things.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

ded posted:

Kellogg could do even more damage that far back in the past, if the indians didn't murder him first. Imagine him telling them how to make guns or even just compound bows or crossbows or any number of things.

We know the changes he made, if any, were generally positive for the simple fact that the future turned out well. It is certainly possible that he may have taught the natives to make guns etc but that could honestly be a net win if they natives were able to fight off the Europeans using gating guns or something.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I doubt Kellog could smash two rocks together to make fire, he's a manipulator and a techie, not a survivalist. He's a survivor for sure, but not in the same sense Bear Grylls is. They'll probably just knee-cap the moon language speaking muthafucka and make him a slave.

Also, he didn't get sent to India, those aren't Indians.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ded posted:

lol its just that simple

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ryan Robbins (Brad) is doing a stint on Arrow this season if anyone but me cares.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

jfood posted:

I doubt Kellog could smash two rocks together to make fire, he's a manipulator and a techie, not a survivalist. He's a survivor for sure, but not in the same sense Bear Grylls is. They'll probably just knee-cap the moon language speaking muthafucka and make him a slave.

Also, he didn't get sent to India, those aren't Indians.

I'd say his knowledge of geography and history would at least give him an edge, but then I remembered he is a product of the educational system of a corporate dictatorship which, according to the show, purged history records from their system when he was still a child.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

DarkCrawler posted:

I'd say his knowledge of geography and history would at least give him an edge, but then I remembered he is a product of the educational system of a corporate dictatorship which, according to the show, purged history records from their system when he was still a child.

Also, you have to be able to communicate to bullshit. I don't think he speaks the local dialect.

... gently caress Kellogg.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
I am disappointed with The Travelling Man, we never got to him talk about how his storyline mattered at all.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Ryan Robbins (Brad) is doing a stint on Arrow this season if anyone but me cares.

I care! He was on last night, still rockin the beard!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

grilldos posted:

I am disappointed with The Travelling Man, we never got to him talk about how his storyline mattered at all.

I have a feeling it's because what was originally intended to be a backstory/explanation teased out over a season or two got mashed down into a single infodump scene.

He was the weathervane for when the future was "fixed." When everything was right, he would go home.

Which means, unfortunately for Kiera, her original timeline was never the right one.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I care! He was on last night, still rockin the beard!

The poor man should be off wearing flannel and making artisanal coffee for hipsters in Gastown, not running around growling at drug-harvesting slaves and killing them if they step out of line.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ryan "You may know me as...." Robbins can do whatever he drat well pleases. His beard is viking level, not hipster level.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He just popped up on Once Upon a Time but I honestly recommend you don't watch as it's poo poo.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
He survived Continue Mom, surely he can get through Kingdom Hearts: The TV Series.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

grilldos posted:

He survived Continue Mom, surely he can get through Kingdom Hearts: The TV Series.

poo poo he survived like 5 years of Sanctuary, he can make it through anything.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Oh no, Simon Barry, what are you doing with your life :(

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/van-helsing-series-ordered-at-835782?utm_source=twitter

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Paying the bills.

tasslex
Apr 23, 2003

He's watching YOU

Rocksicles posted:

Ryan "You may know me as...." Robbins can do whatever he drat well pleases. His beard is viking level, not hipster level.
He's rocking it on Arrow right now as a random merc on the island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tasslex posted:

He's rocking it on Arrow right now as a random merc on the island.

And Once Upon A Time!

• Locked thread