Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Type-0 sucks rear end but I bought a full price PS4 release of a barely touched up PSP game because I'm retarded and really wanted to play the FFXV demo :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

Some of the characters are actually really fun to play as, even though most of them control in the same awkward stilted way that always happens when square tries to make an action game using final fantasy mechanics

Tbh I only played for about an hour because the motion blur was giving me a headache and I died on the first boss and found out the game doesn't have auto checkpoints, so I'd have to replay most of that level again. So I quit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The motion blur was patched out on consoles and is a toggle on the PC release, at least.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Western Final Fantasy fans overhyped the hell out of Type-0 because it was never available in the West until this year and all knowledge was either second hand or from an ongoing fan translation project, but when it finally arrived it revealed itself to be a somewhat mediocre game, afaik.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The opening cutscene was rad and I was prepared to love the stupid loving Badass Final Fantasy when they did a slo mo POV shot of a solider doming a chocobo at point blank with a rifle but the gameplay turned me off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

the opening level is by far the worst part of the game because the actual gameplay is about choosing between a crew of 12 characters who mostly have different combat styles, but for some reason the first mission forces you into playing three of the least interesting ones and never lets you switch

I'm thinking of playing it during my post TPP/pre Persona 5 period of Gaming this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

its not really good enough to be a the warmup game for persona 5 but hey do what you want

It's jostling for space with Dragon Quest Heroes and Yoshi's Wooly World 100%, so I look forward to maybe playing it in 2016.

• Locked thread