Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Just emulate a psp instead, op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Type-0 sucks rear end but I bought a full price PS4 release of a barely touched up PSP game because I'm retarded and really wanted to play the FFXV demo :D

Some of the characters are actually really fun to play as, even though most of them control in the same awkward stilted way that always happens when square tries to make an action game using final fantasy mechanics

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Tbh I only played for about an hour because the motion blur was giving me a headache and I died on the first boss and found out the game doesn't have auto checkpoints, so I'd have to replay most of that level again. So I quit

the blur is another good reason to emulate it instead of playing the hd version.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I thought Type 0 was supposed to be good. I have never played a single Final
Fantasy game.

It's okay. It has some cool cutscene story stuff about the brutality of war but also no consistency in keeping that tone. Some of the characters play really well and some of them are busted jank.

If you want to play it, the HD release is the worse version since it has overdone motion blur and is kind of half-assed all around.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

The motion blur was patched out on consoles and is a toggle on the PC release, at least.

i didnt know that. so that's good of them.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The guy who uses knuckles as his weapon is one of the most fun brawler-style characters i have played, outside of games like god hand that are dedicated entirely to being a punching brawler guy. Once he levels up some (like after one or two missions, its fast), he gets combat style skills with a bunch of different attack variations for each style, while almost everybody else in the cast just gets a couple of really straightforward special moves or spells.

Thats maybe the worst thing about the gameplay is that a character can only equip like two or three skills at once for a mission, even if they can learn a shitload more than that. Its also what makes the brawler guy the most playable because each of his stance skills is four or five moves in one.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

The opening cutscene was rad and I was prepared to love the stupid loving Badass Final Fantasy when they did a slo mo POV shot of a solider doming a chocobo at point blank with a rifle but the gameplay turned me off

the opening level is by far the worst part of the game because the actual gameplay is about choosing between a crew of 12 characters who mostly have different combat styles, but for some reason the first mission forces you into playing three of the least interesting ones and never lets you switch

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I'm thinking of playing it during my post TPP/pre Persona 5 period of Gaming this year.

its not really good enough to be a the warmup game for persona 5 but hey do what you want

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

01011001 posted:

like the last act completely ran out of budget so they just patched poo poo together or what

the story becomes strange and iirc there's not really a happy ending even in the best possible true end. i havent played xenogears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

well you cant get aids without hiv

lol.

• Locked thread